Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Home server is full-Bad planning?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild Home server is full-Bad planning?

Dummmy
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #1
This is clearly the reason guilds should have been launched at the same time during day one headstart. Now my server is full. My guild is already rolling deep into the game. Now im not concerned on waiting for q's but the head scratch is what will releasing more servers do to help the current population problem? Nothing. They only solution would have been to launch guilds, then use the order your using now for preorders. This would just make everything more balanced.

What will happen on a full server with a guild that happens to have a crazy number of members (like 200+) 50 get in first day of headstart, the 150 last day of invites. The server is already at 100% with a 100 person q, now its at least 150 people more. That's just one guild. What happens over several guilds? Some guilds invited to servers that are to come? Or the servers will just remain dead, while others are overflowing?

At this rate ether headstart or the preguild program should have been scrapped or adjusted. This looks like a situation that is only going to become worse as time goes on. Im afraid different teams handled the preguild and headstart programs and never communicated together. Just not very cohesive.
I'm mad

Theralorius
12.13.2011 , 12:30 PM | #2
Bumping, because I actually am curious about this as well.

BAD MANNERS
PvE US EAST Hardcore Raiding Guild
WEBSITEPOLICIESFORUMS

Astasia
12.13.2011 , 12:32 PM | #3
Maybe you should ask your guild before complaining here. Everyone I've talked to ingame say the servers are all empty/low. Whatever numbers the website uses to display population density is wrong.

Dummmy
12.13.2011 , 12:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Astasia View Post
Maybe you should ask your guild before complaining here. Everyone I've talked to ingame say the servers are all empty/low. Whatever numbers the website uses to display population density is wrong.
For now, but how soon until it is a problem? It changed from LOW to FULL already. I would assume there system could read an output right, or patches are going to be lolol (My shoulders shrank, fix them 6 months later?). The facts I presented do not show complaints, but concern for the future of the game (My only complaint is the some what slow trickle of headstart players that seems almost like a way to bottleneck starter zones so we don't see how cramped/laggy/buggy they become) . I hope in house communication is doing well. Something seems disconnected, be it EA and not Bioware I hope.
I'm mad

Spaghetti_Ninja
12.13.2011 , 12:41 PM | #5
Strange. Perhaps they use the total number of players to calculate how much population a server has relative to the entire server park.

I really cannot imagine servers being full already, on the first day of early access.

Medrel
12.13.2011 , 12:41 PM | #6
Full doesn't mean no more characters on that server, it just means you may have a queue to login.

Astasia
12.13.2011 , 12:43 PM | #7
For this entire staggering and new server method to make sense, they have to have a server locking system also present to prevent the first servers opened from overflowing. It's common sense in the MMO genre that most people want to play on the most popular server(s), I highly doubt BioWare is naive enough to not expect that. Once the first batch of servers is stuffed full they will lock them and start forcing future waves onto the new servers. Obviously if you were placed by a guild you will have a spot reserved and play on your server regardless. If it doesn't happen like that then you can start complaining.

Tiaa
12.13.2011 , 12:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Medrel View Post
Full doesn't mean no more characters on that server, it just means you may have a queue to login.
And that is not fun for anyone.

Especially for people who decided to go along with Biowares Guild Launch program.

I feel this whole early start thing was poorly planned as I've never seen this much back lash just from people trying to get in the game.

Montbrun
12.13.2011 , 12:45 PM | #9
Server caps will be raised as time goes on during pre-release.
The BrotherHood - A Trooper-Only Republic Unit
Legionary
Regular Beta Tester - Squadron 238

Fireci
12.13.2011 , 12:49 PM | #10
Be thankful your guild didn't get put onto a Un-official "other Language" server, to which we had to switch and cause no end of problems with allies and setting up.
Member of "The Guardians of Peace"