Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR.ini best gfx edits? (2021)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
SWTOR.ini best gfx edits? (2021)

afatpigeon
02.28.2021 , 06:59 AM | #1
Hi all,

Not a new player... But didn't know where to put this.

I'm looking for the best SWTOR.ini graphics settings in 2021. I've found loads of posts from years ago, but none in recent years. As I understand they tweak certain things over years... Does anyone have any good settings?

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings is the location.

Cheers.

JediQuaker
03.05.2021 , 08:19 AM | #2
Since no one has replied, I'll just suggest that it's best to leave swtor.ini alone and not mess with it. Unless you have some serious graphics issues - and not 'low fps in PvP' or other known issues - it's best to let SWTOR handle it's own ini. 🙂
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Erevan_Kindelar
03.05.2021 , 04:09 PM | #3
The gfx requirements for swtor have not changed significantly since launch, mainly because the Hero engine the game is built on uses virtually no gfx resources, and instead dumps the calculations on the CPU, in one of two threads that the game handles for just about everything.
As JediQuaker says, editing the ini files is definitely not recommended unless you have a really game-breaking issue, which generally does not include FPS drops at inconvenient times or similar issues. However, if you really absolutely totally must make changes, the "several year-old" guides are probably still valid, and eve if the guides include this next snippet of advice, it bears repeating as it is so important... "make a copy of your ini files before changing them".
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.