So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

Any news, info or rumors after the addition? Is Vaylin coming back or is her father the only one coming back?

They brought back Malgus, they can bring her back, too! Imagine the Sith Empire got a hold of her body and use her as a puppet. That'd be a really cool twist! A man can dream....

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They brought back Malgus, they can bring her back, too! Imagine the Sith Empire got a hold of her body and use her as a puppet. That'd be a really cool twist! A man can dream....

that's a one trick pony that's pretty much getting old and aint fun anymore.:p

Beside, I have a hard time seeing Acina being able to hold Vaylin on a leash.

She just get flashback when Acina go all patronizing and she would Oblirate her lol

I wonder what a LS Vaylin would be like ? Now that would be a twist!

Though personally, I'm tired of 'was dead and now isn't dead, so deal with it'' and I don't want anyone to fight my battle. Kotfe and Kotet already robbed us from being awesome with their lousy ''Tricks'' .....

I want a showdown ! :cool:

Any news, info or rumors after the addition? Is Vaylin coming back or is her father the only one coming back?

Nope

Acina/Vowrawn might do this out of desperation

now that Malgus is on the loose.

that's a one trick pony that's pretty much getting old and aint fun anymore.:p

Beside, I have a hard time seeing Acina being able to hold Vaylin on a leash.

She just get flashback when Acina go all patronizing and she would Oblirate her lol

I wonder what a LS Vaylin would be like ? Now that would be a twist!

Though personally, I'm tired of 'was dead and now isn't dead, so deal with it'' and I don't want anyone to fight my battle. Kotfe and Kotet already robbed us from being awesome with their lousy ''Tricks'' .....

I want a showdown ! :cool:

If Acina did bring back Vaylin I don;'t think it would end well for her. Vaylin might team up with Malgus against Acina! :eek:

If Acina did bring back Vaylin I don;'t think it would end well for her. Vaylin might team up with Malgus against Acina!

Thats what I said, Vaylin would Oblirate Acina (Or whoever replace her). But why would she side with Malgus though ?

She doesnt know him, she doesnt care for him. She has no tie to him.

And I don't see her standing still long enough to listen to wheez-the Dark side is strong in you-Wheez Malgus lol

I mean, she went on a rampage against her own sibling and mother and father and anyone who stand in her way.

Vaylin is a solo wolf. She will not team up with anyone. You can convince her to side with you against Valkorian. But even then, she wasnt with YOU...she was just doing what she always did..lash out at daddy cose you pointed him to her.

Thats what I said, Vaylin would Oblirate Acina (Or whoever replace her). But why would she side with Malgus though ?

She doesnt know him, she doesnt care for him. She has no tie to him.

And I don't see her standing still long enough to listen to wheez-the Dark side is strong in you-Wheez Malgus lol

I mean, she went on a rampage against her own sibling and mother and father and anyone who stand in her way.

Vaylin is a solo wolf. She will not team up with anyone. You can convince her to side with you against Valkorian. But even then, she wasnt with YOU...she was just doing what she always did..lash out at daddy cose you pointed him to her.

Lol as you say it would probably be a brief Alliance at best before Malgus falls from yet another spire.

I'm sure I could keep her entertained with a few genocidal trips to a few Republic worlds :) Those sneaky Republic people aren't going to exterminate themselves.

Lol as you say it would probably be a brief Alliance at best before Malgus falls from yet another spire.

I'm sure I could keep her entertained with a few genocidal trips to a few Republic worlds :) Those sneaky Republic people aren't going to exterminate themselves.

Bring Saresh back..

Together the repb will go BOUM!

Done deal! :p

We'll resurrect Saresh too then get Vaylin to do what Lana did to Vowrawn! :rak_03:

She killed them so fast lolol So much for the Dark Council prowess LOL

It went down the drain lol

Ressurect Saresh ? There would be a boycott if they did :D

Anyway, we are going off topic here .

Back to Vaylin . What are the odds that be her coming back from that Entity business ?

All scourge said was ''It was a fail safe'' . What if Valk took some of her power to make that fail safe ?

She killed them so fast lolol So much for the Dark Council prowess LOL

It went down the drain lol

Ressurect Saresh ? There would be a boycott if they did :D

Anyway, we are going off topic here .

Back to Vaylin . What are the odds that be her coming back from that Entity business ?

All scourge said was ''It was a fail safe'' . What if Valk took some of her power to make that fail safe ?

Unknown. I guess she could be connected to it? Depending on what the weapon does I guess it could be rejuvenating Vaylin at the cost of Satele and the others? :S I still like the idea of Valkorion unintentionally (or intentionally) linking Vaylin to the PC when he dragged her essence / spirit into our minds during the last chapter of KOTET.

Unknown. I guess she could be connected to it? Depending on what the weapon does I guess it could be rejuvenating Vaylin at the cost of Satele and the others? :S I still like the idea of Valkorion unintentionally (or intentionally) linking Vaylin to the PC when he dragged her essence / spirit into our minds during the last chapter of KOTET.

Funny thing..

when Scourge blabbed about the Satele and entity stuff.All I had in my mind was that Enchanter Mage in DA2 turning abomination. And Madara (In Naruto) getting backstabbed by black Zetsu to bring Kaguya .

Either way, I felt like that's where it will be headed . Either we get a monster, or someone gonna be sacrified (Satele probably) to bring back someone (and hopefully it aint Valk) .

Though they could go the Xenomorph route lol of ''From eggs to face hugger , from face hugger to Alien'' .

And you get ''From Satele to Abomination , Abomination eat life force , life force bring back Valkorian'' .

Funny thing..

when Scourge blabbed about the Satele and entity stuff.All I had in my mind was that Enchanter Mage in DA2 turning abomination. And Madara (In Naruto) getting backstabbed by black Zetsu to bring Kaguya .

Either way, I felt like that's where it will be headed . Either we get a monster, or someone gonna be sacrified (Satele probably) to bring back someone (and hopefully it aint Valk) .

Though they could go the Xenomorph route lol of ''From eggs to face hugger , from face hugger to Alien'' .

And you get ''From Satele to Abomination , Abomination eat life force , life force bring back Valkorian'' .

I think we'll go down the path of Raiders of the Lost Ark ... a beam will fly into our eyes and BOOM! 100,000 DS points. :rak_evil:

• 2 months later...
Vaylin deserves a chance of redemption because she was tormented into a monster.

Sorry for the thread mild necromancy.

Not just because of that. I still very much feel the story was badly enough done that I want it overturned, with the whole "kneel" thing and mocking her and so on. If we had more clearly compassionate dialog with her, I'm sure I would have let it go by now, but this wasn't that. I would have liked more what we got in Chapter 9, just, before she died rather than after, even if they decided it wouldn't work. I'll always prefer this kind of character be saved rather than killed, but I understand that it can't always be that way, but this one went too far, I think. So I'd still like to see something more done with her that isn't quite so awful, preferably living and getting help/allying with a DS ruler that's already beaten her once.

But, oh well.

Edited by gamephil

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. The thread is still going huh? I'm surprised Bioware hasn't conceded. They could probably make a few $$$ from this. :)

Sorry for the thread mild necromancy.

Not just because of that. I still very much feel the story was badly enough done that I want it overturned, with the whole "kneel" thing and mocking her and so on. If we had more clearly compassionate dialog with her, I'm sure I would have let it go by now, but this wasn't that. I would have liked more what we got in Chapter 9, just, before she died rather than after, even if they decided it wouldn't work. I'll always prefer this kind of character be saved rather than killed, but I understand that it can't always be that way, but this one went too far, I think. So I'd still like to see something more done with her that isn't quite so awful, preferably living and getting help/allying with a DS ruler that's already beaten her once.

But, oh well.

I recently did a dark side play through of KOTET and Vaylin did appear to be amused by the brutality of the dialog thrown at her. So if anything I still believe Vaylin should have been a dark side companion option for those who wanted her. Her needing to die just for the fleet to go on the rampage is just pure BS. :mad:

• 1 month later...

I recently did a dark side play through of KOTET and Vaylin did appear to be amused by the brutality of the dialog thrown at her. So if anything I still believe Vaylin should have been a dark side companion option for those who wanted her. Her needing to die just for the fleet to go on the rampage is just pure BS. :mad:

I'm more inclined to blame the highly compressed narrative of this expansion and the short time frame , because if it was a conscious decision of the developers to deprive DS players of this opportunity, despite the fact that they would have all the resources to implement this - in that case, it's rather dubious, strange and quite unwise decision ( an disbalance in favor of a variety, endings, etc.)

Should Vaylin have become a DS analogue, if you chose her instead of Arcann? - absolutely.

But there are plenty of ways to get her back, even if it's just a bonus companion, without returning her to the plot/story:

- CM companion (Hello HK 55 bonus Chapter);

- The reward for the event (Hello DvL);

- Unlock via the terminal (Hello to all dead characters in FE / ET, especially SCORPIO);

- Reward for celebrating an event related to swtor (Life Day maybe?);

- Necessity to be a subscriber for a certain period of time (Niko Okarr and Shae Vizla).

#BringBackVaylin

Edited by Blackvinils

you seem to be forgetting valkorian used her spirit to take over your mind so without her dieing he cant take control of her if you kill arcann which means he wont have the power to take over your mind

I think he just wanted to use her as support in case our will was too much for him to handle. I'm not sure what his motive was there.

We can just say her spirit is inside that holocron. (the one Lord Dramoth was in.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm more inclined to blame the highly compressed narrative of this expansion and the short time frame , because if it was a conscious decision of the developers to deprive DS players of this opportunity, despite the fact that they would have all the resources to implement this - in that case, it's rather dubious, strange and quite unwise decision ( an disbalance in favor of a variety, endings, etc.)

Should Vaylin have become a DS analogue, if you chose her instead of Arcann? - absolutely.

But there are plenty of ways to get her back, even if it's just a bonus companion, without returning her to the plot/story:

- CM companion (Hello HK 55 bonus Chapter);

- The reward for the event (Hello DvL);

- Unlock via the terminal (Hello to all dead characters in FE / ET, especially SCORPIO);

- Reward for celebrating an event related to swtor (Life Day maybe?);

- Necessity to be a subscriber for a certain period of time (Niko Okarr and Shae Vizla).

#BringBackVaylin

While I'd love a story. I'd do Clone CM companions (like the Pets and Droids) and then let players who want her as a companion be able to do so through that.

• 4 weeks later...
While I'd love a story. I'd do Clone CM companions (like the Pets and Droids) and then let players who want her as a companion be able to do so through that.

Yeah, it seems to be the best option, I suppose, but what could devs say about it?:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

#VaylinBonusComp