Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

PulseRazor
10.21.2015 , 01:51 PM | #1
Heroic Moment on a 5 minute cooldown, lasts for 2 minutes. this is obviously way too powerful. I like how it is a shorter cooldown, by the time 20 minutes is up, you forget that you can use the skill anyway. 40% uptime is ridiculously high. Make it last 30 seconds, or limit the activation of each skill to once, reduce the regen to only provide 100% of your health... do something.

Companions are just too OP. I am sitting now in a Heroic, Kira is Healer, she is tanking 2 golds, 3 silvers, healing me, cc'ing off targets, and while I am afk writing this, she will have killed everything on the screen without my input.

Before anyone says: Don't use Heroic Moment, or don't use a Healer companion, or encourages me to create my own handicaps to make the pve world content playable, consider the impact this kind of pandering is going to have on matchmaking. Flashpoints are going to be plagued with people who have been conditioned for 65 levels to only use a single keybound skill. This game has enough problems with under-skilled people trying to play content they don't understand ("dur.... halp me kill Thanatoon...) - We don't need to pander to them by spoon feeding them content, do we?

DO WE?

Anaesha
10.21.2015 , 01:55 PM | #2
compared to how useless comps felt in the past I'm actually liking that they are useful for a change as for Heroic moment I have no feelings about that either way..

lightSaberAddiCt
10.21.2015 , 01:57 PM | #3
Pulse, hate to break it to you man, but yes...spoon fed is exactly what they are going for. Make the game to the lowest common denominator, so that anyone can just faceroll through content.

lightSaberAddiCt
10.21.2015 , 01:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Anaesha View Post
compared to how useless comps felt in the past I'm actually liking that they are useful for a change as for Heroic moment I have no feelings about that either way..
Comps were never uselss unless you didnt even try to gear them. But I guess that woukd mean you would have to put alittle effort into it....and we dont want that now do we...

jstankaroslo
10.21.2015 , 02:02 PM | #5
OP: true

IanArgent
10.21.2015 , 02:10 PM | #6
Comp DPS and healers were slightly worse than a human player; and that was fine. Comp tanks couldn't hold aggro, which made them pointless
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Floredon
10.21.2015 , 02:11 PM | #7
Yes everything regarding companions is very OP now. On top of that, enemies have less health than the player, most can be one shot. Maybe it's a
Spoiler
related boost, which would make sense lorewise.

jstankaroslo
10.21.2015 , 02:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
So I guess because YOU couldnt do it, must mean that it was because the comps sucked, not maybe your rotation? Sorry but I have never used treek, and all my comps have done very well because I put a little effort into gearing them with the proper stats. But dont worry...the hand held the comps for you now so they are so OP you would have to leave the room for about 10 minutes in the middle of a heroic mob to EVEN POSSIBLY die.

So your all good...
^^this is true

wainot-keel
10.21.2015 , 02:14 PM | #9
So who is this illustrious "we" you talk about ?

Highlandscot
10.21.2015 , 02:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by PulseRazor View Post
Heroic Moment on a 5 minute cooldown, lasts for 2 minutes. this is obviously way too powerful. I like how it is a shorter cooldown, by the time 20 minutes is up, you forget that you can use the skill anyway. 40% uptime is ridiculously high. Make it last 30 seconds, or limit the activation of each skill to once, reduce the regen to only provide 100% of your health... do something.

Companions are just too OP. I am sitting now in a Heroic, Kira is Healer, she is tanking 2 golds, 3 silvers, healing me, cc'ing off targets, and while I am afk writing this, she will have killed everything on the screen without my input.

Before anyone says: Don't use Heroic Moment, or don't use a Healer companion, or encourages me to create my own handicaps to make the pve world content playable, consider the impact this kind of pandering is going to have on matchmaking. Flashpoints are going to be plagued with people who have been conditioned for 65 levels to only use a single keybound skill. This game has enough problems with under-skilled people trying to play content they don't understand ("dur.... halp me kill Thanatoon...) - We don't need to pander to them by spoon feeding them content, do we?

DO WE?
The expansion is two days old and you're already going to whinge that we need a balance pass? Seriously?

You don't like Heroic Moment? Don't use it. You have complaints about people that don't know what to do in Flashpoints? Don't PUG 'em, get guildmates and knock them out that way.

Companions are OP? Tough. How someone else plays the game shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it.

I just so sorry that your epeen-eliteness is somehow negatively impacted by how others choose to play the game.