Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

22 Character Per Server Limit.....Any plans to increase it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
22 Character Per Server Limit.....Any plans to increase it?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kharathos
01.08.2014 , 07:09 PM | #1
Just as the title says. I have 22 toons on my chosen server so I cannot make more (Wife & I love maxing out then starting over thanks to PVP mostly) and I have no intention of starting over on another server as I am happy with the server I am on. Eric/Bioware, are you able to advise if you are looking to increase the server limit or whether you actually have the ability to increase this (Technology/server capacity wise) at a later date?

Reason I ask is simply because you allow us to make 350 characters overall however I get terrible lag on any server not based on the west coast so that rules out any European or East coast server.

LegoUniverseBC
01.08.2014 , 07:11 PM | #2
Why do you need 22 characters and more than that?

ELRunninW
01.08.2014 , 07:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by kharathos View Post
Really??? Are you stupid or just pointlessly commenting? Rhetorical. Don't answer that.

I said why we love making alts and why we don't want to start over on another server and why we are limited to the West Coast even if we did. Reading................it goes a long way!!

Here's a tip. You got nothing to contribute so hush now, sit there quietly and let the Adults contribute to this here thread where hopefully the magic yellow font of Eric will grace it with a response.
Why would anyone representing BW comment on your question when you insult people posting in your thread?

Rankyn
01.08.2014 , 07:49 PM | #4
You could always make your extra alts on F2P accounts.
Unless you're actually taking them all the way to 55, most of your alt needs can be met at preferred status so you wouldn't actually have to spend more than $5 on any single account.

Callaron
01.08.2014 , 08:33 PM | #5
I'd be much happier with an account-wide Legacy.
I'm not even worried about not being able to mail stuff to alts on different servers - I just want my Legacies synchronized and I'll be one happy camper.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Andryah
01.08.2014 , 08:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
I'd be much happier with an account-wide Legacy.
I'm not even worried about not being able to mail stuff to alts on different servers - I just want my Legacies synchronized and I'll be one happy camper.
Heh.. you can pretty much do that by pulling the lever and transfer one character. yeah... you don't get true sync, but you can turbo-charge a lower level Legacy.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Callaron
01.08.2014 , 08:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Heh.. you can pretty much do that by pulling the lever and transfer one character. yeah... you don't get true sync, but you can turbo-charge a lower level Legacy.
That's what I did actually.
And since I'm maxed on all reputation factions (that I care about at least) and such I'm set for a while.
Of course once they start adding more stuff...
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

illgot
01.08.2014 , 08:57 PM | #8
quick question, if I purchase a character slot upgrade, does it only effect one server or all servers?

Andryah
01.08.2014 , 09:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
quick question, if I purchase a character slot upgrade, does it only effect one server or all servers?
All servers. It's an account unlock.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Andryah
01.08.2014 , 09:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Of course once they start adding more stuff...
Yeah.