Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You know you're trying to be milked when...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You know you're trying to be milked when...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AGSThomas
09.09.2013 , 08:48 AM | #1
You buy Rise of the Hutt Cartel for $10 which includes, 5 more levels - including a new ability for all classes, a new planet, 4 hard mode FPS, 1 Operation, Dozens of pieces of "new" gear, Macrobinocular and seeker droid missions " and much, much more"

Then they sell a one-time use dye for double that price! I certainly will never buy this, so no skin off my back but there is a word in Italian that describes this: disgraziato.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

Jandi
09.09.2013 , 08:51 AM | #2
No, when someone is stretching your udders, that's when you're being milked.

TheNahash
09.09.2013 , 08:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
You buy Rise of the Hutt Cartel for $10....
...which also people thought was "milking"...
Master Kalchas Captain SantÚ
Darth DÝrge Agent HÚretic

Nemmar
09.09.2013 , 08:51 AM | #4
Good, cause its a vanity item.

See, you can buy yourself a regular car for a fraction of the price you pay for a ferrari, even though on city streets they will have to respect the same speed limits.
Thats what vanity is. They are also giving a choice to people who dont want to grind 6 million credits or that dont like to play the roulette with packs.

Choice is never a bad thing.

Tachenko_Yuri
09.09.2013 , 08:53 AM | #5
You buy Rise of the Hutt Cartel for $10 which includes, 5 more levels - including a new ability for all classes, a new planet, 4 hard mode FPS, 1 Operation, Dozens of pieces of "new" gear, Macrobinocular and seeker droid missions " and much, much more"

Then they sell a one-time use dye for double that price! I certainly will never buy this, so no skin off my back but there is a word in Italian that describes this: disgraziato.
Don't buy it then?

Or people are just butt-hurt by the cash price, and mostly likely too lazy to grind the creds and peel it from GTN..

I belive the italian word for that is " rosiconi "
Main: Lynette Walkhar
Commando - Eternal Warrior - Darth Malgus Rapid Serenity Guild

hadoken
09.09.2013 , 08:56 AM | #6
I think the dyes are cooler than Makeb.

Just my opinion :P

captpickles
09.09.2013 , 08:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
No, when someone is stretching your udders, that's when you're being milked.
hahahaha +1 ... well played...

psandak
09.09.2013 , 08:59 AM | #8
Honestly, the CM is no different than the GTM - they are both Buyers' Markets. I guarantee that if those dyes are not being purchased at their current price, the price will go down.

And there is an aspect you are probably not thinking of - F2P and premium account players have credits limits. They can never get the 1+ million credits needed to buy off the GTM. So BW is giving them the opportunity to more easily acquire those BB and WW dyes.

VitalityPrime
09.09.2013 , 09:00 AM | #9

Right...because logging into the forums and starting a thread proves how much you don't really care about it...
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

Suntaru
09.09.2013 , 09:00 AM | #10
I guess buying any of those fluff items would be Udder nonsense.