Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this the most casual friendly MMO of all time?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is this the most casual friendly MMO of all time?

sanzuu
12.21.2011 , 06:47 AM | #1
I think it is.

I've never seen a game, or community so hostile to 'hardcore' PvE/PvP players in my entire life. This may as well be the Bejeweled forums.

Did Bioware design this game with the intention to keep serious players out? The game doesn't even have a combat log, it doesn't have addon support, it has released a few days from 2012 with no ranked PvP system. How is that acceptable? Do BW have any idea how big the 'e-sport' market is for MMO's?

I could go on, and on, but it seems this game is very unfriendly towards players who want to play competitively/with skill.

Why keep out such a large potential userbase? I suspect its because of the IP monster that is Star Wars. Such a huge brand is going to bring people to this game that have never even played MMO's before, whereas games like Rift, GW2, etc. know what type of gamer they are getting and cater to them. Adding some sort of challenge in the game would only be a blow to the many potential subs they could get, and keeping out the hardcore players and keeping the scrubs happy has probably been determined as the best way to make that dollar.

You will not find EJ/AJ/WCM type communities for this game, there is no depth to this game.

ImperialSun
12.21.2011 , 06:50 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by sanzuu View Post
I think it is.

I've never seen a game, or community so hostile to 'hardcore' PvE/PvP players in my entire life. This may as well be the Bejeweled forums.

Did Bioware design this game with the intention to keep serious players out? The game doesn't even have a combat log, it doesn't have addon support, it has released a few days from 2012 with no ranked PvP system. How is that acceptable? Do BW have any idea how big the 'e-sport' market is for MMO's?

I could go on, and on, but it seems this game is very unfriendly towards players who want to play competitively/with skill.

Why keep out such a large potential userbase? I suspect its because of the IP monster that is Star Wars. Such a huge brand is going to bring people to this game that have never even played MMO's before, whereas games like Rift, GW2, etc. know what type of gamer they are getting and cater to them. Adding some sort of challenge in the game would only be a blow to the many potential subs they could get, and keeping out the hardcore players and keeping the scrubs happy has probably been determined as the best way to make that dollar.

You will not find EJ/AJ/WCM type communities for this game, there is no depth to this game.
Because I can already sense that your a WoW troll...

a) WoW did not support addons at launch
b) never mind a combat log, WoW had no PvP at launch

How casual is THAT!?!?!

TOR has only just just launched.

Yes it needs some tweaks like UI customization/scaling, more efficient auction house etc etc.

But as you well know these types of things will be added organically, same as they were with WoW and every other MMORPG to date.

Fail troll 2/10.

Driz

archifikoss
12.21.2011 , 06:51 AM | #3
You indirectly berate casuals and make sweeping statements like "the game has no depth" and expect to be welcomed or taken seriously?

If you don't like what the game has to offer and the players it caters to, don't play, don't post and let the rest of us have our fun.

DigitalPrime
12.21.2011 , 06:51 AM | #4
e-sports and GW2 are mentioned. Beware!

marshalleck
12.21.2011 , 06:51 AM | #5
No, that's probably LOTRO.

thefitzvh
12.21.2011 , 06:51 AM | #6
Don't play the game?

They'll either add the features you asked about, or they won't. Creating another thread about it is redundant.

By definition, a game is supposed to be recreation. While some of those features are probably going to be added in the future, my outlook on it is this:

The game is fun without them

Games are supposed to be fun.

If you make the game a "job" that you have to be "competitive" at, then you're doing life wrong.

Toweleeeie
12.21.2011 , 06:51 AM | #7
Dec 2011. Move along
I like turtles

ageNtreachery
12.21.2011 , 06:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by sanzuu View Post
I think it is.

yes, off you go and please don't look back.

LaurV
12.21.2011 , 06:55 AM | #9
Judging by the answers he gets ... OP is right.

And yes, this looks like the epiphany of casuals, the prefect game for them. So they can feel powerfull and perfect in any situation, even when they are at their worse.

Mandrax
12.21.2011 , 06:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
Because I can already sense that your a WoW troll...

a) WoW did not support addons at launch
b) never mind a combat log, WoW had no PvP at launch

How casual is THAT!?!?!

TOR has only just just launched.

Yes it needs some tweaks like UI customization/scaling, more efficient auction house etc etc.

But as you well know these types of things will be added organically, same as they were with WoW and every other MMORPG to date.

Fail troll 2/10.

Driz
a) Yes it did.
b) Yes it did, though it had no battlegrounds at launch.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...