Please remove veterans edge from HM (and SM)

I've noticed that if people actually know how the fight works, then most of those killer flashpoints are actually faceroll easy. I was with a first time tank on nathema the other day and with 2 or three bullet points for each boss we managed to get through it without one wipe.

Point is, even taking advantage of every nerf, mechanic removal, and Bolster training wheel set in the game isn't going to save you if you don't bother to pay attention for any flashpoint/Op boss when passing it requires more than keyboard mashing. And I'd prefer the challenge of the mechanics than the "challenge" of enrage timers that just depend on you maxing your stats and choosing the most OP class to get through it. Give me all the VE you want, just don't make the workings of the fights so inconsequential because players can't be bothered to learn from them. Only 3 or 4 SM Ops left haven't become total facerolls.

Edited by MagicTerror

LoL, NiM raider wants content that's not even relevant to himself to be nerfed so that average players will struggle with it, simply because he's salty that it's not harder.....

I've raided at all levels in this game, got the timed NiM run titles back in the day. Mostly play casual now, and let me tell you: 90% of the playerbase cannot farm HM, and even struggle with SM occasionally true story.

Yes, this may be laughable to anyone with a decent amount of raiding experience, but it's true.

Remove VE and you will drive the casuals out of this game. We can't afford to do that because the game is funded by the casuals and running them off would literally kill the game.

So no thanks.

what people of all skill groups still dont realize is that its not about the the "elitist wanting harder content" nor the "whiners wanna faceroll" everything.

the problem is the huge skill gap between hm and NiM and people doing HM raids have simply no good way to train and get prepared for NiM anymore.

the learning curve is just way too steep right now, even with recently added buffs to stats.

ofc the problem would transfer over to SM vs. HM, and when removing stacks from sm, it will be the same with story chapters vs. SM raids.

BW went the wrong way here a while ago and tried to fix this in the last couple of months with out seeing the consequences.

i fear they gotta rework the whole game diificulty according to current NiM situation or adjust all legacy NiMs to the according to 6.1 diffculty again, while raising the difficulty levels of upcomming raids overall through all modes.

the current situation is helping no one at all and will lead to more "elitists" vs. "casual" debates and futher to a dieing game cuz of lacking offspring for the raid community.

OK, I acknowledge the gap between HM and NiM is currently at its widest, but how would using SM stat caps in HM (as a temporary solution; SM stat caps are lower than in HM) affect the difficulty of HM?

Or even the stat caps of MM FPs, if they are lower than SM ops stat caps, in which case SM ops should also have these stat caps as well. It's far from perfect but still...

Solutions to that sort of problems often come with catch-22s, and someone will be displeased without fail. But when stuff becomes impossible to balance, especially with amplifiers or set bonuses in the mix...

the current situation is helping no one at all and will lead to more "elitists" vs. "casual" debates and futher to a dieing game cuz of lacking offspring for the raid community.

To be fair, raiding has never been much of a selling point for this game from 4.0 onward. (It may have been in 3.0 or earlier, but I can't say for sure - I only started playing well into the 5.0 cycle)

Now we know what the game is like with a raiding community that is a shadow of its former self, however.

Edited by Townowi