Mewvorr Pets and Aquatic Sleen -- Still Dropping?

I have checked the GTN several times over the course of the last few days, and was surprised to find not one Mewvorr of any type listed. They were plentiful the last time I had been shopping for one (pre-3.0), and even accounting for the fact that not as many people would be running the FP's that drop them, there is still a small but steady supply of Kell Drakes and Dwedtoof on the GTN so I find the lack of Mewvorrs very odd. :confused:

So my question is, does anyone know if the Mewvorr pets are actually dropping currently? Also wondering about the Aquatic Sleen. Thanks for reading! :)

Edited by Gwena

Just checked my server's GTN and there are like five Mewvorrs but no Sleens. Either players have bought all the pets from the market or players are no longer listing them. Because usually, the demand for pets is not too high so they shouldn't all disappear.

There have been some theories that the pets do not drop on solo mode, if that is true then I suppose the reason for it is that players are no longer running the tactical flashpoints, or if they do, they solo it.

Myself, I haven't used group finder for flashpoints in a long time, and if I do, I run the HM flashpoints, not the tacticals.

Thank you very much for pointing this out! As a big pet collector, I find this very interesting and will keep an eye on those pets. :)

Edited by Jerba

Thanks for replying! :) That is encouraging to hear that your server has some Mewvorrs listed. I wish we could tell if they were "fresh" drops or not -- I actually have 2-3 of them in my cargo bays that I bought sometime last year, and might sell them.

My server is a bigger one, so this lack of glowy little beasties just seemed odd to me. Today, there were again zero Mewvorrs, 2 Volcanic Kell Drakes, 4 Desert Kell Drakes, and 2 Dwedtoof listed on the GTN.

Perhaps you are right, and people are just doing solo mode all the time. I have gotten the research data from solo mode Manaan though, so I wonder if you can also get pets in solo mode. Hmm, maybe they decided to have "fluff" item drop rates be the same in tactical and solo mode, but nerfed drop rates into the ground to compensate? xD

I think the Sleen is legacy bound, but I am curious if it is only the pet drops that are possibly changed/messed up.

• 4 weeks later...
Just checked my server's GTN and there are like five Mewvorrs but no Sleens. Either players have bought all the pets from the market or players are no longer listing them. Because usually, the demand for pets is not too high so they shouldn't all disappear.

There have been some theories that the pets do not drop on solo mode, if that is true then I suppose the reason for it is that players are no longer running the tactical flashpoints, or if they do, they solo it.

Myself, I haven't used group finder for flashpoints in a long time, and if I do, I run the HM flashpoints, not the tacticals.

Thank you very much for pointing this out! As a big pet collector, I find this very interesting and will keep an eye on those pets. :)

For the record Jerba, the Sleen is Bound to Legacy and cannot be listed on the GTN :p