Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can anyone suggest a decent Warzone pvp spec?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Can anyone suggest a decent Warzone pvp spec?

Tatami
01.20.2012 , 01:02 AM | #1
I only intend to pvp in Warzones. I would like to be good at defending the objectives, defending other players, holding my own in one on ones, stuff like that. Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki

dardack
01.20.2012 , 01:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatami View Post
I only intend to pvp in Warzones. I would like to be good at defending the objectives, defending other players, holding my own in one on ones, stuff like that. Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Carolina Parakeet 21/2/18

Some points you can move around for preference, but this is the jist (you must get jet charge/2 in puncture/Prototype particle accel):

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...roZ0MZbIbbdh.1
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

Rabbitofdoom
01.20.2012 , 03:08 PM | #4
Depends what you want dps or utility.
Battlemaster Doomsong Skyburner "This is not the bountyhunter grapling peoples in to acid pits you are looking for."
23/16/2 Iron Fist
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...MboMZrcrroZb.1

Tatami
01.20.2012 , 08:20 PM | #5
I want to be mostly DPS. I'll mostly attack from a distance obviously, but I want people to feel it and I want them to die eventually xD By the way, if you do post a spec for me can you explain what the goal of that spec is?
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination

Cellenia
01.20.2012 , 09:32 PM | #6
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...3e6def2efe4fe:

I use this pyro spec for pvp and i love it!

With critluck and procluck(railshot) you can kill an enemy player very fast
In my eyes it is the best pvp spec when you want dmg!

You can kite melees very easy with your flameburst. Vs range you have enough range dmg (Thermal Deto +Railshot +dot) to make nice dmg/burst while running to them and finish them.

I tested the hybrid spec (some posts earlier) but i prefer the higher dmg potencial of my build (well full dps spec*g*) over the hybrid survival build.

PS:
I wrote a german pyrotech guide but that wont help ya
Jar'Kai Sword

Aesyr

PianoTie
01.20.2012 , 11:10 PM | #7
U want full DPS or the ability to defend others aswell?

ALOT on this forum support 21/2/18, but I'm more fan of 8/2/31 running with Ion Gas Cylinder. Even my pocket healer loved me after changing to that build since I kill alot faster. 3600 crits on Thermal Detinator FTW!

Tatami
01.20.2012 , 11:13 PM | #8
No I don't want full dps. I want to be hard to take down as well, and I wanna defend others if I can, and do it well.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination

Zombie_hunter
01.21.2012 , 02:47 PM | #9
From a distance? You do realize that Powertechs are close to mid range....correct?
"The only law in this galaxy, is the one a man makes for himself. The Sith may say otherwise, but even the Empire's reach has limits. That's why they hire Bounty Hunters." CE VIP Squadron 367

Tatami
01.21.2012 , 04:07 PM | #10
...Yes... but It does fine at range too in Warzones with Unload, Death From Above and stuff... It's just better at close distance. But, yeah... I am thinking of trying that 21/2/18 build from above it seems well balanced in tank/dps ability. Can anyone suggest any strategies that go with that build?
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination