Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

33/6/2 - The Khufu Build/95 Percenter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
33/6/2 - The Khufu Build/95 Percenter

MigSebes
01.13.2012 , 11:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AnAcuteAngle View Post
Shield Mitigation is rawful in PvP right now.

No offense, but I also don't think you contribute much to your team is you only sit there and soak up damage.
The number of times my team have scored because I was getting 4+ players to gank me begs to differ.
DreadeisSideisSebesMigsebes
The CRUENTUS Legacy
<Show Me Your Crits>
FREE SERVER TRANSFER

QiBao
01.13.2012 , 04:11 PM | #22
So, standard tanking build but instead of 2% less damage taken at all times, you took 3% to RS damage and 3% aim? I would just use standard tanking, which is great for PVP if you know how to guard.

Also, FB is used strictly for the 4% debuff, ie not much in PVP. The only other use is that it's instant and 10m range, so there's that.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

QiBao
01.13.2012 , 04:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AnAcuteAngle View Post
Not really.

People should know not to attack tanks; First they'll go for your healer, and probably successfully kill him/her because you don't have the DPS to fend them off.
Taunt and guard swing the tide of many pvp battles. AOE taunt is -30% for several players, which combined with guard makes your healer nigh invincible. Shield Tech damage isn't great, but it's enough to whittle down dpsers not supported by a healer.

JoyProtocol
01.13.2012 , 04:46 PM | #24
Khufu really doesn't roll off the tongue well.

How about the Asteroid? Then we have the 'roid build, which naturally becomes the Tanking Steroid Build.

Or, with some stretching, the meteorite. Then it's the 'right tanking spec.

QiBao
01.13.2012 , 05:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JoyProtocol View Post
Khufu really doesn't roll off the tongue well.

How about the Asteroid? Then we have the 'roid build, which naturally becomes the Tanking Steroid Build.

Or, with some stretching, the meteorite. Then it's the 'right tanking spec.
It's a standard tanking build with 2 bad choices (imho). No need for a name.

Fizbanic
01.13.2012 , 07:53 PM | #26
presently I am at 1057 aim, that means at 9% that adds 95.13 aim or brings up my aim to 1152.

Also at 1057 my added damage from aim is 211. so an extra 95 aim will add 18. 96 damage for ranged and tech.

So not really adding alot of damage to even consider speccing into it.

A tank build needs Tank spec, not mix dps. I level with the http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...f12ef4ef16:183 tank build, sure my dps is not that of a dps but where others are cutting it close I am not.
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

broaf
01.14.2012 , 09:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JoyProtocol View Post
Shield is currently sub-par because it only reacts to WEAPON DAMAGE abilities - things that produce "white damage". In other words, weapon-based Kinetic and Energy. It does not help at all versus TECH abilities (internal/elemental) or FORCE abilities (internal/elemental).

This way, (if you are dependant on your shield/defences) fighting a Jedi Shadow, they will eat you alive. If you are fighting a Jedi Knight, you will eat them alive. Majority of abilities you see in PvP are not currently shieldable. The patch is promising to change that.
I understand that. However, the op stated:

Quote:
...shielding now works on Elemental, Kinetic and Force damage
which leads me to believe he just made it up, being as there's no such thing as force damage.

Bamfed
01.18.2012 , 03:04 PM | #28
So 1.1 just went live and I'm worried I didn't see in the patch notes that shielding works correctly for all but internal damage... Does it still not shield elemental damage? That would be bad since elemental damage ignores armor...
If I had a million dollars every time I heard you say something stupid, I would be a millionaire.

Guurzak
01.18.2012 , 03:52 PM | #29
Nowhere in any developer post has there been any mention of a plan to have shields proc on Tech or Force attacks. The tooltip on the shield chance stat still says "Melee and Ranged". The OPs assertion that this was slated for change was colonically sourced.

Bamfed
01.23.2012 , 11:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Guurzak View Post
Nowhere in any developer post has there been any mention of a plan to have shields proc on Tech or Force attacks. The tooltip on the shield chance stat still says "Melee and Ranged". The OPs assertion that this was slated for change was colonically sourced.
Sweet so tanks still can't tank in PvP...

Tanks mitigation =

Armor - useless vs anyone but marauder and sniper

Shields - useless vs anyone but marauder and sniper

Defense- useless vs anyone but marauder and sniper

Most tanks need shields to proc for talents to do there job like vent heat or reset an ability. You can fight most classes and have zero chance to shield, avoid, or armor mitigate... sweet.
If I had a million dollars every time I heard you say something stupid, I would be a millionaire.