Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kiting Help

dardack
01.23.2012 , 01:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DredlyLB View Post
what build are you using that you can stand toe to toe with a melee and win reliably?
if we're just talking about 1v1, Parakeet in full Elim gear.
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

Sabbathius
01.23.2012 , 01:12 PM | #22
OK, some food for thought here, thanks folks.

One thing I'm thinking right now is that I should just keep on leveling. Some classes and some builds don't really come into their own at the same level. It's possible the classes I'm struggling with just bloomed a little earlier with their respective builds. I mean, on my Merc I felt complete and happy by 32, while my Operative was shaky until 36.

I'll just keep at it. I do enjoy the class. I just hope when the Merc nerf comes, it just whacks them and we don't get caught with a backswing.

dardack
01.23.2012 , 01:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post
OK, some food for thought here, thanks folks.

One thing I'm thinking right now is that I should just keep on leveling. Some classes and some builds don't really come into their own at the same level. It's possible the classes I'm struggling with just bloomed a little earlier with their respective builds. I mean, on my Merc I felt complete and happy by 32, while my Operative was shaky until 36.

I'll just keep at it. I do enjoy the class. I just hope when the Merc nerf comes, it just whacks them and we don't get caught with a backswing.
Oh well yea, Parakeet isn't viable until 48. I'd either go full pyro or full ST. Depends on what you want to do.
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

DredlyLB
01.23.2012 , 01:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post

Seriously, ever since I stopped and took a cold hard look at my Powertech, all I'm seeing is weaknesses all over the place. Class is definitely missing something. It needs either a second defensive CD, like other tanks have, or more CC, or a mobility boost.

By the way, someone recommended Prototype spec because of Hydraulic Override - 8 second immunity to movement and physics effects and 30% speed boost. I wonder if it stacks with Pneumatic Boots? This might solve my problem, with a mere 30 sec CD.

But from what I hear, Prototype isn't very good?
I think its the shield mechanic that is broken to be honest. It seems like they built it and went this will be great for tank/defense! then they forgot that almost every attack bypasses it and then they went combine that with heavy armor and these guys will be like juggernauts but with fire instead of force!

then they made abilities that negate and bypass our armor completely.

and then they tweaked damage and dropped BH down

Fashooba
01.23.2012 , 02:51 PM | #25
Speaking from my limited experience here .. only lvl 45 rank 20 something valor .. I have not had any problems in pvp for any build. They have their own roles and you gotta know how to use them without getting discouraged when you can't do everything. As Pyro, I can nuke down many classes.. but if 2 people are on me that's it. I know my build isn't designed for that.

Every class subforum keeps pointing out the shortcomings of their own class while trying to say everyone else is a God. I find myself in the winning situation more often than not.. and my only complaint is I feel AP is messy... but some people can pull it off. All power to ya.