Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ION gas cylinder broken!

taugrimtaugrim
01.20.2012 , 12:02 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Slooop View Post
Does anyone have an update on this probelm??? Has anyone rolled trooper and noticed the same thing?
AFAIK, the tooltip in 1.1 was adjusted with a lower damage number.
Taugrim
PVP Maven, Guide Writer, Host on GAMEBREAKER's The Republic show
@taugrim | taugrim.com
Guides: Resolve | Powertech/Vanguard PVP | Defense/Shielding | Bolster

Vidrak
01.20.2012 , 12:19 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by taugrimtaugrim View Post
Owned. At least it is "fixed" now. I guess?
Vidrak - 50 Powertech || Azgrum - 11 Marauder || Octolus - 11 Sage || Elberith - 6 Smuggler

Server: Bondar Crystal

exphryl
01.20.2012 , 12:28 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Vidrak View Post
Owned. At least it is "fixed" now. I guess?
Mine still shows 525ish damage a hit as a tooltip...

dardack
01.20.2012 , 12:29 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
Mine still shows 525ish damage a hit as a tooltip...
Wish i had paid attention before patch. mine shows 559 right now. not sure what it was.
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

MorningMusume
01.20.2012 , 12:51 PM | #45
That tooltip is wrong, Ion Gas Cylinder hardly goes near 300 before Mitigation.

chaosvoid
01.20.2012 , 06:51 PM | #46
Mine seems to to be bugged also, would really like to see this fixed.

Slooop
01.23.2012 , 10:22 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by taugrimtaugrim View Post
I wonder if the 3 talent points to increase Ion Gas damage are worth it now...

Syrellaris
01.23.2012 , 10:40 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by MorningMusume View Post
That tooltip is wrong, Ion Gas Cylinder hardly goes near 300 before Mitigation.
I believe Ion Gas Cylinder does its extra damage as elemental is it not? Seeing as there is no Mitigation for Tech or Elemental, it would appear to not working correctly.
Syrel Je'Gal
▬▬▬▬▬
HandsofDarkness▬▬▬▬▬
"Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity."
The Hands of Darkness: the first SW:TOR EU based Sith RP Guild

Tewnam
01.23.2012 , 01:36 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post
I believe Ion Gas Cylinder does its extra damage as elemental is it not? Seeing as there is no Mitigation for Tech or Elemental, it would appear to not working correctly.
You're getting pretty much everything mixed up. The tooltip explicitly states that it deals energy damage.

There are four types of attacks: melee, ranged, tech, and force. Melee and ranged attacks must be checked against the target's defense, which means it can be avoided or shielded. Tech and force attacks are not checked against the target's defense at all, so they will always land.

The type of attack has no bearing on the target's mitigation, only the avoidance/shielding.

An attack can deal one of four types of damage: kinetic, energy, internal, elemental. Kinetic and energy damage are mitigated by the target's armor rating while internal and elemental damage have their own specific damage reduction (generally much lower).

Since IGC is a proc and not its own ability, it will always be applied given the conditions are met (after a rocket punch or random chance on rapid shots or unload hit), which means that the ability its procs from must land first. The damage type, energy, is then applied against the target's armor.

I don't know how much armor NPCs have. It would be better if the people concerned that this may be a bug were to test it on other players rather than guessing from the numbers that it doesn't seem to work. Find an equal level player and record the damage number and compare that to the calculated value based on their damage reduction.

FrostyDroid
01.23.2012 , 01:40 PM | #50
Ion cylinder gives you +60% armour, +5% resistance, increased taunt, enables rail shot, and potentially a brief slow. I really don't think it is intended to do much damage...
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.