33/6/2 - The Khufu Build/95 Percenter

Morrikan

presently I am at 1057 aim, that means at 9% that adds 95.13 aim or brings up my aim to 1152.

Also at 1057 my added damage from aim is 211. so an extra 95 aim will add 18. 96 damage for ranged and tech.

So not really adding alot of damage to even consider speccing into it.

A tank build needs Tank spec, not mix dps. I level with the http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/?build_id=183#::e2fe10fe2f2e3fef12ef4ef16:183 tank build, sure my dps is not that of a dps but where others are cutting it close I am not.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Shield is currently sub-par because it only reacts to WEAPON DAMAGE abilities - things that produce "white damage". In other words, weapon-based Kinetic and Energy. It does not help at all versus TECH abilities (internal/elemental) or FORCE abilities (internal/elemental).

This way, (if you are dependant on your shield/defences) fighting a Jedi Shadow, they will eat you alive. If you are fighting a Jedi Knight, you will eat them alive. Majority of abilities you see in PvP are not currently shieldable. The patch is promising to change that.

I understand that. However, the op stated:

...shielding now works on Elemental, Kinetic and Force damage

which leads me to believe he just made it up, being as there's no such thing as force damage.

So 1.1 just went live and I'm worried I didn't see in the patch notes that shielding works correctly for all but internal damage... Does it still not shield elemental damage? That would be bad since elemental damage ignores armor...

Nowhere in any developer post has there been any mention of a plan to have shields proc on Tech or Force attacks. The tooltip on the shield chance stat still says "Melee and Ranged". The OPs assertion that this was slated for change was colonically sourced.

Nowhere in any developer post has there been any mention of a plan to have shields proc on Tech or Force attacks. The tooltip on the shield chance stat still says "Melee and Ranged". The OPs assertion that this was slated for change was colonically sourced.

Sweet so tanks still can't tank in PvP...

Tanks mitigation =

Armor - useless vs anyone but marauder and sniper

Shields - useless vs anyone but marauder and sniper

Defense- useless vs anyone but marauder and sniper

Most tanks need shields to proc for talents to do there job like vent heat or reset an ability. You can fight most classes and have zero chance to shield, avoid, or armor mitigate... sweet.