Time to end Biochem reusables

Chunkie

Like the title says, i think it's time to end this. It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful.

Even Biochemists should want this change, because with so many biochemists, the market for stims and medpacs is just not there.

The perks for a biochemist should be stronger stim/adrenals/medpacs for their own use only. Change the reusables to the Exotech (requiring 400 biochem to use), and drop their mats to only requiring one Radioactive Paste (4 is absurd).

Adrenals are too expensive currently. A good start would be to cut their mats by half.

For ops schematics, make the Exotech have a 4 hour duration that anybody can use (and requiring 4 Radioactive Paste).

The other crafting skills aren't broken. Some require tweeks, but they ARE viable. It's just when people compare them to Biochem, they see it as useless. When people look up stims and see that 2 stims is the same price as a reusable, it's a no-brainer that stims are a ripoff or/and that biochem reusables is too fantastic to not have.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been nerfing biochem already. So you want to nerf it so much that it's no longer useful?? My alt that has biochem isn't that high, but I don't see the problem. That's the benefit of going biochem, you get the reusable medpacks/stims/adrenals. It doesn't seem that medpacks/adrenals/stims are in that much demand, but implants are useful for selling on the GTN.

If biochem didn't have reusables, what would be the point? You could just go with vendor consumables. Just saying..

Curious but what is the avg credit balance of level 50s? Have you considered pricing on your server may be different other places?

The nasty truth is that meds, adrenals, and stims are not expensive to make, it is just difficult to control and manage a product line on the GTN because the raw material acquisition process gates us from having a virtual monopoly.

yeh yeh deff needs more nerfing...

Atm the heal is TOTALY worth less to have. I just dont bother using the healing med pack anymore sometimes. I get like 3k tops out of 20k hp. Its not even funny anymore ^^

The stim is ok and i keep it cause its a not bad addition.

In total i think im gona drop biochem for rakkata crafting....biochem IS under powered. Its worth less.

Than again i don't like how crafting works in this game. There is no sense of achievement and crafting is very useless, a lot of items crafted are bound, making auction house **** all.

Crafting needs some love in total.

blue adrenals take 30 mins to craft and you get 1.

to make them viable they need to be made in multiples of 10.

no one will buy a non reusable because no seller is stupid enough to price it to be "affordable" and afordable means less than the materials costs which is about 6K in mission worth and then you have the price of the materials worth on the GTN themselves which can go up to the 30K mark on some servers but average about the 14-16K on my server in total. so on average 20K to MAKE adrenals that are ONE USE ONLY...

so lets say 10% profit margin you sell it at 22K.

is anyone THAT much desperate to fork out 22K for a 15 seconds bonus????

if you could make them in 10s thats about 2K per adrenal in expenses so you can still sell them at 22K for the lot but they are more worthwhile since its only 2200 per adrenal. you get more per WZ win and if that adrenal made the win happen then yey money well spent.

as they are now its either reusable or NOTHING. there is no otehr way.

Over 150 in stat points at all times for free is useless? How can one be so dumb. You can also craft items JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PROFESSION can. Oh and there are TWO TWO TWO DID I SAY TWO slots for your crafted items. But somehow you think biochem is worse than another profession. LIKE WOW! WOWOWOWOWOW

EVERYONE who is not biochem right now is a F-O-O-L.

Edited by flegg

If, and only if, they were to then provide a passive buff to Biochemists that increased the potency of medpacks, stims, etc. would I support an end to reusable consumables. Let's face it... being able to craft reusable consumables certainly beats having to constantly make new ones (especially adrenals, given their limited duration). Indeed, this would help stimulate a market in the consumables area, and people wouldn't feel they needed to take Biochem by default.

I'm actually in this boat right now. I'd elected to go Biochem on my Sniper, which I intend to raid, so that I could craft my own consumables. Granted, making reusable ones is a perk, but I can still craft medpacks, etc. for my alts. All of my characters benefit. However, I'm looking to level a Sith Assassin as a tank, and suddenly have this urge to go Biochem on her as well to access reusable consumables (in large part due to not getting my healing companion until Hoth). I know this isn't necessary, but the convenient nature of consumables becomes a perk strong enough to make me question going with any other crafting crew skill. (Artifice is on my Sith Sorcerer, so Synthweaving was one alternative... but I might as well do it as a Sith Warrior and get the +5 crit bonus from Jaesa).

TL;DR: Only if active Biochemists get a passive skill that buffs the potency of medpacks, etc. would I support the removal of reusable consumables.

LOL you guys who are saying it's pointless or useless already are just so transparent. Anybody who plays the game knows the truth.

What's the prices of stims going for? 20k is probably average, which is a good value for a 2 hr item. And on top of it being 2 hrs, it also lasts through death, so they are better than vendor ones (and they have better stats).

Everybody is going biochemist now. I've seen it in the raids and PvP. At one point maybe 1 in 5 were biochemists, now it's well over half.

Perhaps make it so biochemists gain 20% advantage from the stims/medpacs/adrenals that they use, that way you don't have to make any special items for biochemists, only that they're so efficient at using it that they gain bonuses from current items.

But the Exotechs need tweeking. There's no way that 4 radioactive paste for a 2hr item is worth it. Drop it to 1.

"It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful."

- im assuming you are referring to this in PVP, becaues lets face it.. no raid is going to complain about it in an operation are they....

soo its clearly over powering is it ?? i was in huttball, in full champion gear, stim active, adrenal popped relic popped, tried to kill a juggernaut carrying the ball, he had no stims/adrenals.. did i kill him? barely gave him a scratch.. so did those items make me way way over powered? didnt make slight bit of difference. biochem has been nerfed 3 times already :rolleyes:

if you really want to complain about things being over powered in pvp, how about AOE knockback, force pull,leap, in huttball.. if anything gives you an advantage in PVP its skills like that not a couple of stims :rolleyes:

Edited by Elrenia

If biochem didn't have reusables, what would be the point? You could just go with vendor consumables. Just saying..

For the EXACT same reason EVERY other class crafts.

1>To sell their products.

2>To craft their own products instead of buying them at retail prices.

Biochem breaks crafting, because they have access to an infinite pool of healing whereas everyone else has no such equivalency.

Instead of removing Biochem reusables I'd be 100% in support of EVERY crafting class getting an equivalent reusable. Time will tell if BW can make this happen.

"Biochem breaks crafting, because they have access to an infinite pool of healing whereas everyone else has no such equivalency."

1stly - biochems dont have an infinite pool of healing, rakata medipacs do actually have a cooldown and the heal you get from them is uber low since they got nerfed, NO WAI !!! :eek: in PVE u shouldnt need medipacs anyway if your healer is doing his job, :rolleyes: and for PVP you are better off with the warzone healing pacs

2ndly there are plenty class that can heal themselves with skills even when they are DPS, operatives,sorcerors,sages to name a few ..zomg... free heals... :rolleyes:

Edited by Elrenia

BIOCHEM still is by far the best crew skill endless adrenals/stims/medpacs at zero cost out ways every other crew skill it's not close even with the nerf dropping it would be the silliest thing ever lol. If you can't understand that you may need to understand some basic game mechanics and the saving of credits you make for other things.

Add reuseables to the game for all I guarantee not a single smart player wouldn't take them in a hot second period. I pay a mint for em single time cost vs per use constant cash drain and farming I wish they gave a option we could buy those and level the field instead of having to visit our local crack dealers for a constant fix.

Edited by LordbishopX

"Biochem breaks crafting, because they have access to an infinite pool of healing whereas everyone else has no such equivalency."

1stly - biochems dont have an infinite pool of healing, rakata medipacs do actually have a cooldown and the heal you get from them is uber low since they got nerfed, NO WAI !!! :eek: in PVE u shouldnt need medipacs anyway if your healer is doing his job, :rolleyes: and for PVP you are better off with the warzone healing pacs

2ndly there are plenty class that can heal themselves with skills even when they are DPS, operatives,sorcerors,sages to name a few ..zomg... free heals... :rolleyes:

Skills are just that "skills". And class balance is independant of healing pots. This is because any class can take Biochem.

When I say infinite I mean ZERO cost once created. As long as they have that heal item and stim item in their inventory they have the ability, at NO cost.

Every consumable in the game has a cost, except biochem and grenades. Both should be removed or balanced against other infinite consumables for the other crafting classes.

It's a broken mechanic. You can argue that it's not very broken..but it's still broken.

Even if they healed for 1 point of health, it'd be broken.

I honestly don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand. Broken mechanics are broken. Justify their value or lack of value all you want it's still broken.

I honestly don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand. Broken mechanics are broken. Justify their value or lack of value all you want it's still broken.

How is it "broken mechanics" when in essense it's more of a "trade off"? We can't create armor and gear for ourselves (save for implants) and crit them with augments. The money we save on purchasing stims/medpacs is spent on purchasing gear for ourselves and our companions.

The money YOU spend on purchasing stims (and let's face it, it's only stims you buy because medpacs from the vendor are just as good and no one sells medpacs on the GTN) is offset by the money you save by creating gear for yourself and your companions.

I don't care if they nerf biochem or buff the other crew skills but something does need to be done, when everyone you run into has biochem and 400 cybertech's and artificers are dropping those professions to pick up biochem something is clearly wrong, IMO the reusuables should not be bop and they should not require biochem to use. that would greatly even the playing field, as a synthweaver I have two slots that I can fill with superior gear the same is said for biochems, but atm they also get the benefit of reusables.

Like the title says, i think it's time to end this. It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful.

Even Biochemists should want this change, because with so many biochemists, the market for stims and medpacs is just not there.

The perks for a biochemist should be stronger stim/adrenals/medpacs for their own use only. Change the reusables to the Exotech (requiring 400 biochem to use), and drop their mats to only requiring one Radioactive Paste (4 is absurd).

Adrenals are too expensive currently. A good start would be to cut their mats by half.

For ops schematics, make the Exotech have a 4 hour duration that anybody can use (and requiring 4 Radioactive Paste).

The other crafting skills aren't broken. Some require tweeks, but they ARE viable. It's just when people compare them to Biochem, they see it as useless. When people look up stims and see that 2 stims is the same price as a reusable, it's a no-brainer that stims are a ripoff or/and that biochem reusables is too fantastic to not have.

Yeah yeah, "i don't have biochem, but they have! NERF THEM, REMOVE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE!!! NAO, I DEMAND RIGHT NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How is it "broken mechanics" when in essense it's more of a "trade off"? We can't create armor and gear for ourselves (save for implants) and crit them with augments. The money we save on purchasing stims/medpacs is spent on purchasing gear for ourselves and our companions.

The money YOU spend on purchasing stims (and let's face it, it's only stims you buy because medpacs from the vendor are just as good and no one sells medpacs on the GTN) is offset by the money you save by creating gear for yourself and your companions.

Really making gear? Really lmao with all the free better gear you get in game? Once ur 50 you BUY pretty much zip in gear but pay out the arse for biochem products for life really a silly comparison. Heck even my companions are gear out the butt in FREE pvp gear. Crew skills other than BIOCHEM at 50 are the biggest troll on the player base ever.

I don't care if they nerf biochem or buff the other crew skills but something does need to be done, when everyone you run into has biochem and 400 cybertech's and artificers are dropping those professions to pick up biochem something is clearly wrong, IMO the reusuables should not be bop and they should not require biochem to use. that would greatly even the playing field, as a synthweaver I have two slots that I can fill with superior gear the same is said for biochems, but atm they also get the benefit of reusables.

Pretty much QFT end game is still BIOCHEM onry the others are nonsense atm.

People dropping one skill for another are doing two things now:

1) Flocking to what they consider the FOTM with hopes of being super powerful (which as a Biochem myself I can tell you you're NOT. Our reuseables are no better than what's available to purchase) . In the instance of not being a Biochem it really means nothing because you can a) buy the stims yourself on the GTN and b) buy the medpacs yourself on the GTN. If you don't have the credits to buy those items you're playing the game wrong and using your crew skills/GTN poorly.

2) Being incredibly impatient by switching to the FOTM because the game has NOT been out that long and it's assured that Bioware will continue to release patches and adjustments to other crew skills. Armortechs? They should be able to repair themselves for free. Why drop a crew skill you've sunk HUNDREDS of thousands of credits in to advance to 400/400/400 to jump ship, spend more credits to advance and feel stupid when Bioware tweaks new abilities/schematics/whatever in future patches?

Lets see level other skills and make biochems rich or level biochem and save the credits you stick in some others pocket? Why work to farm credits just to make the other guy rich seems kind of silly actually. BIOCHEM > all the other crews skills making credits is easy especially if you don't have to make the other guy rich its a no brainer.

BIOCHEM the crack of swtor pretty simple not seeing that you must be blind.

Edited by LordbishopX