Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armortech] Questions about armortech for returning player.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armortech] Questions about armortech for returning player.

mountiandewkills
11.04.2019 , 12:40 PM | #1
So as a returning player I've payed very little attention to crew skills previously. I currently have my armortech in the 600's and have a few questions if someone could answer them for me.

1. So I see that some items require crafting ingredients you can get from conquest. Is that the only way to get these mats other then the GTN?

2. What is the item that sells the most on the GTN for armortech? I've been making mod's like armouring and augment but only been selling very few of them even though I've been undercutting the competition.

TIA.
Why doesn't someone just bring a big thing of bug spray to alderaan and take care of the kilik problem there?.

SteveTheCynic
11.05.2019 , 01:56 AM | #2
Armormech, not Armortech.
Quote: Originally Posted by mountiandewkills View Post
So as a returning player I've payed very little attention to crew skills previously. I currently have my armortech in the 600's and have a few questions if someone could answer them for me.

1. So I see that some items require crafting ingredients you can get from conquest. Is that the only way to get these mats other then the GTN?
Correct. It's one of the major complaints about post-600 crafting, but it's *only* one of those complaints. A more complete list:
* 500K credits to unlock the ability to advance beyond 600, payable per crew skill per character.
* Blue materials dropped from MMFPs and all grades of Ops required to craft green trash items.
* Five times as many material items required to craft stuff compared to pre-600.
* Purple conquest materials required to craft blue trash items.
* Very low chances to get an improved schematic when deconstructing level 600+ items.
* Lots of steps from 268 to 306 when improving schematics.
* Very high prices in Jawa tokens for grade 11 crafting materials.
2. What is the item that sells the most on the GTN for armortech? I've been making mod's like armouring and augment but only been selling very few of them even though I've been undercutting the competition.
The added benefits of the higher tier items don't justify the increased costs. (The same complaint was levelled at 240-rated Augments compared to 236s back in the day - twice the material cost, a few percent increase in the stats *on*the*augment*, meaning that they offered very poor value.)

Overall, 600+ crafting is currently a complete disaster.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Void_Singer
11.07.2019 , 05:11 PM | #3

TIA.
1: Yes.
Solid Resource Matrix *ONLY* comes from conquest (2 from personal, 4 from guild).
The other one you'll see is are Processed Stabilized isotope. this comes from bosses on FP's, OP's, and I think warzone loot

2: Grade 11 Materials from gathering nodes and crew missions skills... no I'm not kidding. You may get lucky an hook a few whales with craftable purple augments... but getting to the point of being able to craft those augments cost so much (never mind the actual cost of crafting the final augment) that it's probably not worth chasing unless you are a billionaire in game and enjojy throwing money into the abyss.