Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not worth crafting apparently

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Not worth crafting apparently

DarkLordDemos
10.26.2019 , 11:12 PM | #1
I am trying to make a green armoring for level 75 & it takes 5 Isotop to make 1 piece? You gotta be kidding me for a damn green? Let alone I am dependent on another crafting class to even make one. This utterly ridiculous & not worth crafting.

SteveTheCynic
10.27.2019 , 05:13 AM | #2
Welcome to crafting in Onslaught!

You aren't the first to pass comment on this subject, as noted in this thread started by a certain SteveTheCynic that you may have heard of:
* http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969895

That said, *I* wasn't the first either.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

alexzk
10.27.2019 , 10:01 AM | #3
So, is it any sense to level crafts? Can they do anything better then drops from FP? (306 mods)
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

Void_Singer
10.28.2019 , 03:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
So, is it any sense to level crafts? Can they do anything better then drops from FP? (306 mods)
level them for the achievements, sell the mats to suckers.... not worth chasing new schematics or crafting anything at all in the new grade.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Gnatsum
10.28.2019 , 05:24 PM | #5
Yes. It appears they hate crafters. If you like to craft and have done REALLY well with it previously, you're ****ed. I am now the closest I have ever been to quitting this game.

Not only are the mats just to make greens completely stupid expensive and rare, but you can't even get GREEN MATS. Yes, from the "high yield" missions, give you purple and blue mats, which are almost completely useless...

Perignusrex
10.29.2019 , 07:41 AM | #6
Credit sinks are one thing, but this system unfortunately doesn't seem very well thought out.

alexzk
10.29.2019 , 07:56 AM | #7
Sliced missions were giving ok mats, at least for 5 crafts and you could have 1 mission per 10 mins extracted. However, path notes say it is lowered ... guess nobody will bother slice there now.

Also I figured, that 1 shadow tank can do huge outcome of gear, so can gear up 1 char per a week or so to 306 from legacy. So if you don't plan sell crafted, it is useless.

I see current as each legacy must to full "production" cycle on its own now
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

shippper
11.08.2019 , 02:53 PM | #8
be honest - crafting system totally destroyed

Estelindis
11.08.2019 , 05:26 PM | #9
To get green mats only, run moderate yield missions. To get a mix of green and blue, run abundant. Yes, because of green materials being needed far more than other grades, this still doesn't give enough, but it helps to rebalance things a little.

No, it is not worth crafting armorings, especially when there are so many ratings to work up through, a low RE % chance, and gear drops like rain just playing other types of content. Wait for crafting to get fixed and hopefully at least part of it will be worthwhile then.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

SGMRock
11.11.2019 , 11:22 AM | #10
I used to love to craft stuff and RE stuff, not anymore. You basically have to grind all day on multiple chars now getting their conquest done for the week just to be able to make greens, and the % RE change was lowered way down so you can burn through a ton of mats and not even get any success on your RE's.

Did Bioware just want to kill this whole part of the game???