Colicoid War Games....Seriously?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN!

A guildie told me it was buggy - but after trying it for myself:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN! Not even bugged - but straight broken.

Haha...seriously please fix sometime soon, it's kinda embarassing.

Haha, we just got humbled for 30 minutes straight by the turret encounter.

The turret encounter bugs sometimes and you don't always mount correctly on the gun. Also the random knockback in the 2nd area is so annoying. Poor sniper in our group, every time he got into cover, he'd get knocked off the ledge. He was kind of dumb though since sniper is the new hunter.

The only plus out of there was that the big giant robots gave 10k xp when killed and the daily turn in gave 25k xp.

Edited by pennitent

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN!

A guildie told me it was buggy - but after trying it for myself:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN! Not even bugged - but straight broken.

Haha...seriously please fix sometime soon, it's kinda embarassing.

agreed

tried it today...we couldnt get past the first point with the guns.

the guns when you mount them just kept bugging on us...allways resetting to the initial angle, not firing, etc....we tried 8 times then just gave up cause it was pointless...

At first we thought it was broken or bugged as well, due to being dismounted (what seemed randomly) and firing the weapons (what seemed randomly) and etc.

Then we realized a few things :

A) The weapons fire automatically. It's like a smart turret, when it sense motion it fires.

Your job is to aim it. Using your mouse(keys work as well), aim at the monster and it will fire. You can zoom in and out of first person /third person with the normal mouse scroll.

B) If you right click a bunch of times(especially if you have that setting on in your controls that de-targets something when you click on the world terrain), then you'll get dismounted from the turret.

C) Having a healer stand in the middle of the guns and heal people, while everyone else keeps an eye out and helps cover the unattended to area (where the healer is not manning a weapon) then it works very well.

The second wave/battle was noticeably easier than the first - the turrets felt much more powerful.

The second half of the trial/test, where you need to move through the obstacle course, is - in retrospect - easy. It takes a moment of thinking and discussing. Also, when you fight the droids, have the tank(s) line them up in the middle of the walkways. People should stand on either side (front or back) never on the sides.

They initiate a knockback and it will often send you over the edge if you are not lined up correctly.

The third and last part of the flashpoint is straight forward tank and spank.

It's nice to see something different(or slightly different) instead of the normal flashpoint and this kind of thing is welcome!

Edited by Ranebow

Got our butts kicked around the first time, but after we figured out the encounter we had no issues. 2nd time thru one shot eveything. I like what the did with the gate 'puzzles'. Something new and refreshing to the dungeon scene.

Hey there,

We saw this post and thought we would mention that some of the issues discussed are also mentioned in the Public Test Patch Notes for the upcoming patch going to the Public Test Server:

Colicoid War Game

• An issue that prevented some players from mounting turrets in this Flashpoint has been corrected.

[/Quote]

Edited by Trineda

This would work if you could mount correctly and shot every try, however at least for my group we kept having issues where sometimes the turret just would not fire at all.

My group did it fine, the trick is to have tank and dps take the turrets, have the healer stand in the middle healing, and have the turrets aim inward (cover each others back and keep them off the healer. Was painfully easy.

Here is a video of our tries on round 1. Keep in mind that only one person needs to be alive when all the colicoids spawned for the objective to update.

In the first round I survived and in the 2nd round the tank survived. We all stayed on the turret and I didn't have to get off to heal.

Round 1

Round 2

Thank god that they are patching this !@#$##%$^ bug.

I spend 30k on repairs, and ended up with 2 guildmates now believing I'm incompetent because of this ****** bug.

Yes, I tried clicking only once. No canon buff appears, no duration bar, nothing. Only now and then will it work, but it's not worth spending 100k creds on.

besides it being buggy, the first encounter is stupidly difficult. Not to mention there being ZERO guidance for the player.

The first 3 wipes we were all trying to figure out how to fire the guns...the next 5 wipes were because it's too difficult.

I'm glad some of you seem to be able to "1 shot" it. I've been playing MMOs for a long time and this encounter as well as the end boss in Talos V (when on level) are both clearly out of whack.

Hope they fix this stuff soon. It's not gamebreaking because I can just avoid them, but its sad because the content is so cool.

I loved this flashpoint, except for the turrets. They need serious work. The only way my group was able to do it was with the healer staying out of a turret and healing us. Also, the turrets should have some indication that they autofire, or they should at least not dismount you if you left click.

I'm glad some of you seem to be able to "1 shot" it. I've been playing MMOs for a long time and this encounter as well as the end boss in Talos V (when on level) are both clearly out of whack.

You haven't learned much from your "long time" then, because my group easily beat Edikar (assuming you meant Taral V, since there's so much unwarranted whine about that instance) with no one in the group close to being "on level". We were 3.

As for the topic, you gotta give them credit for trying to make something new. It's just a shame the mechanics are so obscure, they could really do with a tutorial on the cannon controls.

• 2 weeks later...