Endgame Itemization is bleh.

Besides the countless bugs at endgame my biggest gripe is the itemization and how quickly you get Rakata gear and how underwhelming Rakata gear is anyways.

1. Ive been doing HM for 2 weeks and i already have 2/3 of my Rakata gear. *** is that about? Thats WAY to fast to be geared in the best raid gear available atm.

2. The Rakata gear is bleh. Its hardly better than Columni and some of the pieces are sidegrades! Of course the dumbest thing is how Rakata weapons are very inferior to the columni weapons which is just stupid.

3. Where is the awesome and rare loot from raids? All the non set gear is junk! Theres no "epic" armor or weapons of any kind ive seen or heard about (maybe in nightmare off Soa? Noone knows yet since hes unbeatable due to a bug which makes the mind traps have 230k! LOL!).

4. Most of the raid bosses are faceroll easy. My 8 man group was 4/5 HM on our FIRST NIGHT! We didnt know any strats and just went in there and murdered everything cept Soa who is hard only because of bugs and phase lightning balls, but at least he is a challenge!

I'm praying nightmare mode actually tests our guild and gives out juicy loot better than Rakata gear otherwise I dont see us raiding long due to sheer boredom and no carrots left to chase.

:jawa_mad:

Edited by ValaxDarkseer

I feel bad bearing this news,

hard mode = Rakta set and columni non-set

nightmare mode = the same but more drops per boss.

BOOOM

/lifeshattered

I agree I was very disapointed when I learned this, we one shotted hard gnarj, nightmare pylons,nightmare council. All on our first raid night 8man. Pylons and council are currently a joke, its free loot. You could do pylons in greens and council is easy if you use medpacks and defensive cd's. Here is hoping that the new bosses in KP drop rakata non-set pieces so we can be in full rakata and afk with some huttball until the next tier(which hopefully has a nicer looking IA tier, Im so JELLY that our tier looks so **** compared to the other AC's)

I feel bad bearing this news,

hard mode = Rakta set and columni non-set

nightmare mode = the same but more drops per boss.

BOOOM

/lifeshattered

I agree I was very disapointed when I learned this, we one shotted hard gnarj, nightmare pylons,nightmare council. All on our first raid night 8man. Pylons and council are currently a joke, its free loot. You could do pylons in greens and council is easy if you use medpacks and defensive cd's. Here is hoping that the new bosses in KP drop rakata non-set pieces so we can be in full rakata and afk with some huttball until the next tier(which hopefully has a nicer looking IA tier, Im so JELLY that our tier looks so **** compared to the other AC's)

Yeah I had heard nightmare was just more Rakata loot which is hilariously stupid since if you are running nightmare you probably already have near full Rakata anyways.

Currently Nightmare mode serves no purpose other than being more challenging and having something to brag about I guess which simply isnt going to be enticing enough for most people to care.

Bioware NEEDS to add special pieces of loot above artifact level (preferably weapons) to nightmare mode and there needs to be non set items which give better stats than Rakata and have interesting stats attached to them like Damage Reflecting, chance to proc a buff of some kind etc. Its amazing that its 2012 and SWTOR loot is FAR less interesting and diverse than the loot in EQ1. Kinda pisses me off actually.

Well, the problem is that you cant make realy hard content for 8 players.. or 16.

Vanilla wow raiding was hard mode because you had 40 ppl to manage which makes every encounter exponentially harder then it would be if it only needed 8ppl to coordinate.

Still hoping for a revival of those big raids.

Well, the problem is that you cant make realy hard content for 8 players.. or 16.

Vanilla wow raiding was hard mode because you had 40 ppl to manage which makes every encounter exponentially harder then it would be if it only needed 8ppl to coordinate.

Heh a lot of 40man raiders after a few years realised that no, the content was not harder, and you could have 5/40 players do almost nothing the whole fight and you would still down it. Naxx 40 had some challenging bosses which where down to getting 40 players to move in perfect sync(thad/safety dance) but as a whole the encounters in wow got harder over time, especially 10mans in cataclysm which where crazy hard due to being overtuned if anything for 10 players(chimaeron 1 shotting both tanks inside of 6s if rng wasnt nice to you is good fun when you only have 6 dps)

I really hope next tier is better, more complex bosses(soa was decent this tier), better difficulty curve as your progress the instance, better looking gear for some specs, less bugs. Almost every boss is broken in some way right now.

Anhilation droid - 16man hard = double damage missiles 1 shotting people though huge cooldowns(fixed in 1.1)

Pylons - Bugging out if certain combinations appeared

Council - randomly despawning for no reason

Gnarj - one of the only bugfree bosses

Soa - invisible lightning balls, balls spawning through the floor, mindtraps persisting though attempts, shield notbreaking in p3, tanks getttin traped in p3, boss UNBEATABLE on nightmare(fixed in 1.1) etc etc

I'm rather of the opinion that the "hard part" is that it's impossible to know, for instance, how much DPS your DPS are doing. How much healing is going out. Why people are dying.

Etc.

Annoying when a major part of the "difficulty" is that you're effectively raiding blind.

The mechanics aren't challenging, nothing is really challenging in raids in this game. The only challenge would be brining melee dps heavy groups because melee dps gets shafted on every mechanic, but you can just bring 3 commandos/bhs and lol at every enrage timer in the game. It's a joke...

Gnarj - one of the only bugfree bosses

Actually Gnarj can bug both by dieing him ( getting the random deaths afterwards or having to restart) or by having the platforms not appear properly after killing him ( or even during the fight)

Actually Gnarj can bug both by dieing him ( getting the random deaths afterwards or having to restart) or by having the platforms not appear properly after killing him ( or even during the fight)

True true.

But weve gotten way off topic here folks. This thread is about the boring and bland itemization and not the faceroll and boring raid difficulty (which could use its own thread)