Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kudos on visual design of new armor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Kudos on visual design of new armor

Estelindis
09.18.2019 , 09:04 AM | #1
We don't always give positive feedback when we like things, so I just wanted to say that I very much like the new "lines" of armor appearances. For the sake of convenience, let's call them Onderonian and Sha'tek (not completely accurate, I think, since some items labelled "Onderonian" seem to evolve into a higher Sha'tek look?). If anyone's not sure what I'm talking about, I made a little album with a couple of examples. (For clarity, the gold armored outfits in this album I dyed green; the dyed areas are naturally blue and brown.)

I think we didn't see this degree of unique appearances when the PTS launched, but at this point quite a number of cool looks have been added. They all have a bit more of a fantasy-ish look than sci-fi, more evocative of a feudal or renaissance aesthetic compared with the usual Star Wars outfits. The textures and models are beautiful - some of them as nice as any cartel outfit, in my opinion. And it's really cool the way the designs are built up on each other, becoming heavier / more ornate as the rating level of the item drop increases. This gives a great variety of mix-n-match between items of higher or lower grades, since they feel like variants in a "family" of appearances.

Whoever made these, seriously well done.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

LD_Little_Dragon
09.18.2019 , 09:55 AM | #2
Agreed, the new expansion areas and armors all look pretty good. Probably why no one is posting thread about the designs, they don't need improvement.

I didn't notice the evolving looks, thanks for posting the comparisons.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

TonyTricicolo
09.19.2019 , 05:35 AM | #3
Good catch. I like the comparison shots. In general, Bioware is making better textured armors. Can we thank that Dynamic Placeable Objects system? I particularly favor asymmetric ones. Though, the one thing I can do without are chest pieces that extend past the waistline.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

FlameYOL
09.19.2019 , 07:12 AM | #4
The new armor design is great, so much more detail and I love the armor progression. Way better than 5.0
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything