Cosplay and Photoshop/GIMP thread

lugosie

Hi Geeks and nerds

Thought it would be fun to start a cosplay and photoshop thread. So dress up in your star wars costumes or show us your Photoshop/GIMP of light sabers and such.

it appears bbcode does not work :(

Just a quick photoshop of me in my obi-wan costume

http://epick.org/images/meisajedi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got excited when I saw this!!

I'm currently working on the assassin pvp champion gear for my TOR cosplay set. It's gonna take awhile since I'm actually using leather for parts of it. Though, as soon as I'm finished and have pictures I'll definitely post them. :D

I got excited when I saw this!!

I'm currently working on the assassin pvp champion gear for my TOR cosplay set. It's gonna take awhile since I'm actually using leather for parts of it. Though, as soon as I'm finished and have pictures I'll definitely post them. :D

I'd love to see it! I was a huge WoW fan, and would love to still do an Alexstrasza cosplay [since she's so hawwwt], but if I had the time and money [and a friend], I would like to dress them up as Darth Malgus or Torian Cadera [DROOOOOOOL] :]

Star Wars based tho, I'd love to do a Imperial Dancer set, and do it a twi'lek, otherwise try doing a Vette or something.

I'd love to see it! I was a huge WoW fan, and would love to still do an Alexstrasza cosplay [since she's so hawwwt], but if I had the time and money [and a friend], I would like to dress them up as Darth Malgus or Torian Cadera [DROOOOOOOL] :]

Star Wars based tho, I'd love to do a Imperial Dancer set, and do it a twi'lek, otherwise try doing a Vette or something.

Malgus should be pretty easy all you would need is a modified Darth Vader costume and that face mask and you are good to go.

You could even just try modifying Darth Vaders helmet to get his face mask.

hmmmm perhaps I have a new project to work on over the summer.

Malgus should be pretty easy all you would need is a modified Darth Vader costume and that face mask and you are good to go.

You could even just try modifying Darth Vaders helmet to get his face mask.

hmmmm perhaps I have a new project to work on over the summer.

Lucky, I have a 3D printer at my disposal, so if I would ever try to make a face mask for a friend's Darth Malgus, I'd probably make it piece by piece via 3d printed parts [since I can only print anything within 5x5x5 inches].

I was considering making the face mask anywho, and using it for a random sith cosplay.

You totally should make the mask, even if you use it for generic sith.

And I'm completely jealous that you have a 3D printer.

Hahah, yeah I was gonna make all the pieces for my belt on Ashara via 3d printer, but ran out of time to make each individual piece, so just said **** it. Newest project = sith mask. *insert darth vader breathing noise here*

Lucky, I have a 3D printer at my disposal, so if I would ever try to make a face mask for a friend's Darth Malgus, I'd probably make it piece by piece via 3d printed parts [since I can only print anything within 5x5x5 inches].

I was considering making the face mask anywho, and using it for a random sith cosplay.

thats a good idea I hadn't even considered. A 3d printer would work perfectly.

I would totally make the mask and just wear it around my house and scare the crap out of my cat.

Well this is one of me at work last Comic Relief day:

http://i.imgur.com/8NMWo.jpg

(and yes, that is a Stormtrooper ID badge)

I keep meaning to photoshop some appropriate Star Wars-y backgrounds when I get chance.

I would love to have a Stormtrooper set, specially Commander Cody or something. I'd walk around all the time saying "These are not the droids we're looking for, move along move along!"

And ty Stockdale! :D

Hey guys,

Does anyone out there have any screenshots of the armor worn by Kao Cen Darach (the zabrak Jedi Master in the trailer "Return")? I have a bunch I made from the trailer but he's wearing a cape and I can't see his upper arms/shoulders or the back armor on his chest. Does anyone have any in-game shots of the back of the armor or (somehow) any screenshots of the back armor on Kao Cen Darach (or any other Jedi)?

Drop me a line if you can help.

Thanks,

Sand

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out how I am going to make my Twi'lek costume. My husband and I are thinking of going to some conventions this year and the Twi'leks are my favorite. ALL of my TOR characters are Twi'leks. I've decided to use satin and cotton for the lekku, but I don't really know what type of body paint I should use. I want to make the costume as realistic as possible, and if I had the time, money, and/or resources, I would definitely make my lekku out of latex, but that is not really and option at this juncture. I am an artist, so making the costume itself won't be that hard, but the body paint....that is a different story. I know I want to use airbrush so my skin will look like it is naturally blue, but what kind of body paint should I use? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out how I am going to make my Twi'lek costume. My husband and I are thinking of going to some conventions this year and the Twi'leks are my favorite. ALL of my TOR characters are Twi'leks. I've decided to use satin and cotton for the lekku, but I don't really know what type of body paint I should use. I want to make the costume as realistic as possible, and if I had the time, money, and/or resources, I would definitely make my lekku out of latex, but that is not really and option at this juncture. I am an artist, so making the costume itself won't be that hard, but the body paint....that is a different story. I know I want to use airbrush so my skin will look like it is naturally blue, but what kind of body paint should I use? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey! I haven't used many body paints, but if you're looking for something to stay and look natural, airbrush is the way to go. Alcohol based body paint stays on very well, only problem is it can dry out the skin and cause irritation with sensitive skin types, but if you've got the luxury of an airbrush and some alcohol-based body paint, by all means, go for it! Alcohol-based is arguably the best.

I did an Ashara Zavros cosplay, and after learning a bit more about body paint after my first cosplay [the movie Mystique ] which dealt with PAX body paint [don't use it, stays on VERY well, but is tacky and took 6 hours to put on, 2.5 hours to take off], I switched my body paint to Mehron's Paradise Makeup AQ, which is a water based makeup. It's not perfect, it can be streaky [which I learned to dab it on and build it up], but it's cheap, inexpensive, and can cover ALOT of skin. You have to be careful what colors you use around what body parts, for example you can't use some colors by the eyes and other by your mouth, and then it's also NOT waterproof. Because it's water soluble, I had to put waterproof eyeshadow around my eyes, since I tend to tear if it's cold out, so if I didn't do that, the tear would run down and take the makeup with it.

Edited by Xanvai

Hey guys,

Does anyone out there have any screenshots of the armor worn by Kao Cen Darach (the zabrak Jedi Master in the trailer "Return")? I have a bunch I made from the trailer but he's wearing a cape and I can't see his upper arms/shoulders or the back armor on his chest. Does anyone have any in-game shots of the back of the armor or (somehow) any screenshots of the back armor on Kao Cen Darach (or any other Jedi)?

Drop me a line if you can help.

Thanks,

Sand

Tried looking for something to link ya, and found nothing :[ I play Sith, so even tho I went looking around in Republic areas, I haven't really found anything. If I find something similiar Sith-wise, I'll link it.

Edited by Xanvai

Everything is scratch built. The armor was cut from a pattern and heat shaped using sintra, as were the shoulders and chest strips. The front set of plates were constructed from sintra as well and laid out for segment placed mobility and set together about 1/4 inch apart with leather straps rivited from behind. the faceplate is a solid black and covers 3/4 of the head, using pinholes to see out of and maintaining the illusion of being a solid "mirrored" black.

The robes and hood are all sewn up from an original pattern and the saber was built using PVC pipe and plumbing attachments. It does light up with a nice white, but I am changing over the LED to red when I find the right strength.

Everything is scratch built. The armor was cut from a pattern and heat shaped using sintra, as were the shoulders and chest strips. The front set of plates were constructed from sintra as well and laid out for segment placed mobility and set together about 1/4 inch apart with leather straps rivited from behind. the faceplate is a solid black and covers 3/4 of the head, using pinholes to see out of and maintaining the illusion of being a solid "mirrored" black.

The robes and hood are all sewn up from an original pattern and the saber was built using PVC pipe and plumbing attachments. It does light up with a nice white, but I am changing over the LED to red when I find the right strength.

Ooooo I see. I've been wanting to make an H ICC plate gear set, as well as a BH armor set, btu I didn't really know what to make it from. That helps alot tho :]

Theres lots of different options when it comes to making costume armor, sintra is but one of them. Its my medium of choice because it cuts well, is sandable, and take primer and paint like a pro. Its heat shapable, which means that it can be put into hot water and formed, or shaped by heating the plastic with a heat gun, the kind used for stripping paint. Ive seen folk use a hair dryer to great success as well.

Other options are patterns on card stock, with a light coating of fibre glass resin inside and out, then smoothed out with auto body filler, cardboard/resin mix, metals, pulls from molds in fibreglass, you name it. It all depends on the end result you want, the time, and the cost put into it. that being said, I have seen some excellent and well done suits using cardboard from cut up boxes, foam, rubber. Takes longer to work with, but the results cant be beat.

SWTOR has...way to many good looking armors and robes that I do want to make, it just so happens that Obsidian here was a weekend project for fun to see what could be done. With the TOR trailers, and the Sith warrior with that full face mask is my next project. I will be sculpting that mask and castig it in a bondo/resin mix and the rest of the armor will be sintra based.