How to turn absolute disgust about soloing conquest in 6.1.4 into something positive

xordevoreaux

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are really weird.

Right now people doing basically any non-solo content go to personal conquest targer in about 90 minutes.

While people playing heroics and daily areas can bring 9-10 alts to conquest target in the same amount of time easily.

So playing solo is currently FROM NINE TO THEN TIMES MORE REWARDING than actual group content.

Dont you see anything strange in this?

With Conquest system implemented on PTS it was already proven that average player can reach 500k conquest in 2,5 hours.

In 2,5 hours

This is actually Small Yeild Invasion rreward and it's perfectly reachable by just one person doing solo content in 2,5 hours.

This is far more than any PvPer or GSF pilot or casual raider is able to get in a week.

For god's sake just stop complaining, you all are ridiculous.

That was me, and that was with TWO characters, not one.

It says so in my posts that I was dual logged.

Two characters

Two computers

Two accounts

It's still the same 100k conquest per hour IF you have all the bonuses.

How to turn the disgusting 6.1.4 patch into something positive? :

Unsubscribing and play other great games.

Simple and easy.

I honestly didn't believe that I would unsubscribe in the short term, after coming back since 2016. I love the game and I love whatever they did in 6.0. And the new augs and conquest changes in 6.1.4?

I now fully experience the hostilities the developers targeting its customers. If they expect I will eat up whatever they are going to present, then they are wrong. I expect the pikachu meme from they after they find out why there is a sudden drop from playerbase.

I must have missed where getting more than 50k conquest did anything outside of guild motivated rewards.

it does nothing, but adds to the guild points, and if you are the no 1 guild, your guild will win, otherwise it's a wasted effort. Basically, if you are in the same planet as sanctuary/dark sanctuary or Spear of coruscant, then do enough to make sure your guild gets it's total, and don't waste time or resources going after the no 1 spot, because you won't get it. Use that time to get CQ on other chars. If none of them are in the planet list, then your guild might have a chance :)

This is on Starforge, but I'm sure other servers have their top CQ guilds.

You guys are really weird.

Right now people doing basically any non-solo content go to personal conquest targer in about 90 minutes.

While people playing heroics and daily areas can bring 9-10 alts to conquest target in the same amount of time easily.

So playing solo is currently FROM NINE TO THEN TIMES MORE REWARDING than actual group content.

Dont you see anything strange in this?

With Conquest system implemented on PTS it was already proven that average player can reach 500k conquest in 2,5 hours.

In 2,5 hours

This is actually Small Yeild Invasion rreward and it's perfectly reachable by just one person doing solo content in 2,5 hours.

This is far more than any PvPer or GSF pilot or casual raider is able to get in a week.

For god's sake just stop complaining, you all are ridiculous.

Que the complaining about people complaining line.

You are really self centered. You do realize no one is unhappy about group content being buffed, right? You do realize no one would fuss at all if group content was buffed all the way up to be on par with solo, right? You do realize you are telling others to be happy with their preferred content rewards being gutted so you can feel like you’re getting a little of what you believe you deserve?

Flip it around and how would you feel if group play was losing cq points per activity and only allowed to do 1 war zone Or operation, or gsf map for cq points depending on which invasion your guild picked. There is no way you can honestly tell us you would be ok with that..

the conquest changes they made to stop people farming raid trash for leaderboard rankings killed alot of the big guilds.

Now they are changing more stuff to make people group up again to fix it. I could care less about conquest and just want a REAL expansion and letting my sub run out, and will only come back when they release one. Using content reruns that we had at launch for conquest is a nightmare to play. They need a real expansion, it is not worth a sub for outfits and cartel junk. The devs were playing ff14 and wanted to clone it with this your the hero of your own story bs, that failed. Just make a REAL expansion BW, quit messing around. I finally got Shae companion for leaving the sub on, since i missed the last 2 gives because of lack of content. Ugg guess this is a rant, but make a real expansion already please.

... You do realize no one is unhappy about group content being buffed, right? You do realize no one would fuss at all if group content was buffed all the way up to be on par with solo, right? ...

I have played this game on and off since early release. I usually defend Devs, in that I believe they have a difficult job. But here I don't get it. Who asked for this change, what large segment of the player base was clamoring for these changes?

The players (yes fifthly casuals) I know, all enjoyed Conquest the way way it exists now. Not one of them has any intention of playing PvP or Raiding. As the quote noted above if you are feeling slighted, then buff conquest in those areas. But DON"T try and force me to play parts of the game I despise. To be clear if you enjoy PvP or Raiding, then more power to you, beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, so no disrespect is intended.

Yo Bioware, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT>

I have played this game on and off since early release. I usually defend Devs, in that I believe they have a difficult job. But here I don't get it. Who asked for this change, what large segment of the player base was clamoring for these changes?

The players (yes fifthly casuals) I know, all enjoyed Conquest the way way it exists now. Not one of them has any intention of playing PvP or Raiding. As the quote noted above if you are feeling slighted, then buff conquest in those areas. But DON"T try and force me to play parts of the game I despise. To be clear if you enjoy PvP or Raiding, then more power to you, beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, so no disrespect is intended.

Yo Bioware, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT>

The devs have a history of adjusting CQ gains (read "nerfing") to bring them "in line with targets." I'm guessing they're seeing that right now it's more lucrative to run solo than grouped, and I'm guessing as devs of an MMO, they want to probably encourage grouping as an equally lucrative or desirable option. Otherwise, why sub? Why run Ops or play Ranked if it's a waste of time monetarily and CQ-point related ways? Not saying other stuff needs to be nerfed, mind you, just that devs have a history of doing just that with conquest, companion levels, you name it.

I always go over the conquest cap. I dont see how that will stop. If the points are reduced a bit for some things ill still make the mark by weeks end.

Hitting personal conquest in a week won't be difficult. The point is, it will be difficult to do the same with other alts. Considering that 1 reasonable player can have 5-10 alts. They won't be able to complete them all if 6.1.4 is live. Or at least, in theory they won't.

Unfortunately that creating alts and leveling all of them to 75 is my current objective now. It definitely will affect my "fun" in this game, as it will for many others that want to complete conquest in all alts.

The devs have a history of adjusting CQ gains (read "nerfing") to bring them "in line with targets." I'm guessing they're seeing that right now it's more lucrative to run solo than grouped, and I'm guessing as devs of an MMO, they want to probably encourage grouping as an equally lucrative or desirable option. Otherwise, why sub? Why run Ops or play Ranked if it's a waste of time monetarily and CQ-point related ways? Not saying other stuff needs to be nerfed, mind you, just that devs have a history of doing just that with conquest, companion levels, you name it.

I actually believe that we are in agreement, I concede that this pattern of adjusting CQ gains is not new. And wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment, "Not saying other stuff needs to be nerfed," I also don't have a problem with increasing CQ gains for grouped events, hell make the gains better than solo if they want, just stop the nerfs.

Considering that 1 reasonable player can have 5-10 alts.

This made me smile. Guess I'm a bit unreasonable in my alt count.

Looking at my trusty dusty spreadsheet, I've 46 toons on Star Forge on one account, 42 of which are 75 and the rest are getting there.

I've 168 alts altogether across 5 accounts. I like to run solo conquest on several toons, whichever ones I care to play at the moment.

Under 6.1.4, I must be far more mindful which ones I play in respects to reaching their conquest goals. I want to do the best that I can to help out my guilds, and usually running four or five through conquest is fine and still have bandwidth to play the other toons without worrying whether I'm harming my conquest totals in my main guilds.

Currently, meh, I reached conquest on a toon that's not in one of my main guilds, now I guess I'll flip to some that are and get conquest on those. No way to maintain that play style. I'll have to be choosy which ones I play, playing the main guild toons until I've exhausted conquest on my legacy for the day, THEN play the alts.

Further, as GL of both an Imp and Pub guild, i'll have to be sure I'm fair to both and split that limited solo conquest bandwidth as best I can. I run ops with my guild 3 times a week, but that's just 3 toons. The remainder of my conquest contributions are all solo conquest.

Edited by xordevoreaux

There was never a large contingent clamoring for this, which is the shocking part. Just a couple of forum posters, one in particular, absolutely relentless in the amount of dust he kicked up in the air bellyaching about the disparity between solo and grouped conquest, so lo and behold, the devil granted his wish, nerfing solo into the freaking ground, subsequently ruining conquest solo for a lot of people, and doing a tepid job of boosting group conquest.

you can have a 4 man group together and do heroics and hit all the planet bonuses in less time than it takes for a person running them solo

You may be absolutely correct, in fact I do not doubt this at all.

However, some of us don't want to group at all, we don't want the aggravation, petty bickering, and BS that can occur in some groups (you will notice I did not say all). Some us due to schedules or issues at home just want to plod along at our own pace. We don't need or want to group.

If you like grouping great! As I have said before increase CQ gains for groups. Just leave the solo players alone. Stop the Nerfs. :)

Edit- Corrected a typo.

Edited by Confusi

you can have a 4 man group together and do heroics and hit all the planet bonuses in less time than it takes for a person running them solo

Which means absolute squat for people whose chosen play style is mostly solo. They will continue to solo, because it's the soloing that they like, the way they want to play the game. The speed or ease of grouping isn't the point, never was, for soloers.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Which means absolute squat for people whose chosen play style is mostly solo. They will continue to solo, because it's the soloing that they like, the way they want to play the game. The speed or ease of grouping isn't the point, never was, for soloers.

^ 100 % ,

nerfing solo content, will just hurt the small guilds :/

You don't really have a choice .. You are mostly forced to solo, whether you are like it or not because you will spend some time begging in chat for people to join you on some planetary heroics.

Doing them solo will be ultimately faster ...

SWTOR favors soloing very heavily. ;)

You don't really have a choice .. You are mostly forced to solo, whether you are like it or not because you will spend some time begging in chat for people to join you on some planetary heroics.

Doing them solo will be ultimately faster ...

SWTOR favors soloing very heavily. ;)

Then consider modifying your statement:

once you spend however long it takes to get a group together when the soloer is long gone and has already started on his heroics, you can have a 4 man group together and do heroics and hit all the planet bonuses
Edited by xordevoreaux

Why did they waste development time to buff CQ for those that have a solo play style, so they could several patches later in the same year, nerf it again. This is just deserts for players making excuses for the devs not fixing anything so the decisions can outright waste development time as icing. Edited by Lord_Malganus

You make no sense at all....

The reason one becomes a soloer is because not everyone has 30 minutes waste to find a group...

Point is, it's not faster, as you said it is, to group rather than solo, when you're standing around trying to engineer a group rather than actually run the heroics.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Why did they waste development time to buff CQ for those that have a solo play style, so they could several patches later in the same year, nerf it again.

The question on many people's collective mind.

This is just deserts for players making excuses for the devs not fixing anything so the decisions can outright waste development time as icing.

False causality, but believe what you want.