Solo HM Darth Malgus

So after roughly 6 combined hours over 3 days of attempts I finally managed to solo Darth Malgus in HM FE on my Assassin. I just feel I have to show people ;D this is one of the hardest challenges I've had on my tank yet (it's relatively easy though until he hits enrage around 40%). Most of my wipes were due to using my Force Shroud at bad times and getting 1 shot by his lightning when he phase transitions.

Kill Vid

I'm working on soloing all bosses in HM FPs.. Will take a while, especially for fights with brutal enrages like Revan (13k hits T_T). So far I have done HM GXR-5 Sabotage Droid in BT, Gark The Indomitable in BoI, The Foundry Guardian in Foundry and now Malgus :).

Any recommendations on who I can try next?

EDIT: My solo HM BT video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVmkn1irnWE

Edited by Chaori

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so that was rather impressive, however the music in the vid was an offput, had to mute it.

Haha sorry.. Maximum The Hormone (Japanese Death Metal :D) the first song is actually one of their more docile songs xD

Edited by Chaori

So after roughly 6 combined hours over 3 days of attempts I finally managed to solo Darth Malgus in HM FE on my Assassin. I just feel I have to show people ;D this is one of the hardest challenges I've had on my tank yet (it's relatively easy though until he hits enrage around 40%). Most of my wipes were due to using my Force Shroud at bad times and getting 1 shot by his lightning when he phase transitions.

Kill Vid

I'm working on soloing all bosses in HM FPs.. Will take a while, especially for fights with brutal enrages like Revan (13k hits T_T). So far I have done HM GXR-5 Sabotage Droid in BT, Gark The Indomitable in BoI, The Foundry Guardian in Foundry and now Malgus :).

Nicely done!!!! Damn dude... I'm going to need to get to work now. TBH, I didn't think ti was possible.

Edited by Rafaman

Kill Vid

How do you get the cooldown seconds on the skill icons? Is that an option I missed?

I doubt they're gonna nerf the class because a Campaign geared tank can solo a boss, that was weak to begin with, with the help of a well geared healing companion.

I'd like to see you solo Bulwark in D7 if at all possible...I feel like that would present a very hard challenge.

How do you get the cooldown seconds on the skill icons? Is that an option I missed?

It's in your general UI preferences under cooldowns. Turn on cooldown text.

Question for you OP. Did you get to the boss with help, or did you solo the whole FP?

It's in your general UI preferences under cooldowns. Turn on cooldown text.

Question for you OP. Did you get to the boss with help, or did you solo the whole FP?

I ran with a healer friend up to Malgus, so nah haven't done the other bosses yet. I just really wanted to do Malgus :)

companion = not solo.

That geared companion is better than most pug healers.

Nah, the amount of bonus healing they get from each point of their primary attribute is ridiculously low. A fresh 50 could outheal my companion easy

Well damn, maybe Bulwark isn't so tough!

Is Lost Island stricken from the list? I'd assume any of those, especially Lorrick and Droid boss would be terrible.

For tier 1 FPs, I was thinking...I feel like the Tandoshan boss in BoI(I think...the one with the adds) would be terrible too

Edited by Acento
Left information out

companion = not solo.

That geared companion is better than most pug healers.

The way this game is designed that's like saying that Hunter with pet is not solo. I don't know what horrible pugs you've gotten into, but healing companions suck and are really not comparable to a player.