Problem with [Area] Gormak Sabotage?

I was doing the area quest on Voss, Gormak Sabotage. I got to the part where i have to lure out a Gormak tech guard and kill him and take his something. So i Lured him out and he was there with a Tech shaman. They were both "Strong" so i expected no problem. I'm fully tank specc'd with Torian so I expected no problem. the first time i tried i died, 10 seconds flat! Second time we (me+torian) focused the tech guard and looted him and ignored the shaman which killed us. To kill the tech guard i had to use a medpack, kolto something (HoT) and a shield (25% damage reduction). Anyone else having problems?

Yes, definetly.

I must say your class choice has helped you a lot ^^

I did that quest as a 44 Operative, Concealment spec. I had 14 attempts before I managed a rotation on cooldowns/interrupts/stuns and at the same time managed to put in some damage.

Edit: It takes down an 44 operative in ~3-4 seconds, so one has to use Doctor Lokin and Stun Grenade from start. to make Shaman agro Lokin, stun lock rotation on Tech Guard and interrupt all Gravity Pulls/Explosive Probes, and use Toxic Scan for getting away dots on you, besides also use Stims/medpacs to survive.

Edited by Diegles

Yes, definetly.

I did that quest as a 44 Operative, Concealment spec. I had 14 attempts before I managed a rotation on cooldowns/interrupts/stuns and at the same time managed to put in some damage.

Edit: It takes down an 44 operative in ~3-4 seconds, so one has to use Doctor Lokin and Stun Grenade from start. to make Shaman agro Lokin, stun lock rotation on Tech Guard and interrupt all Gravity Pulls/Explosive Probes, and use Toxic Scan for getting away dots on you, besides also use Stims/medpacs to survive.

could not not have just vanished and then sleep one? they would still be there after you stealthed

Yes, definetly.

I'm sorry you had such difficulty, I hope this gets resolved because right now this is ridiculous

NO 2 strongs shpuld be able to kill a tank in 10 seconds, and with my operative (lvl 25) i've solo'd 2 strongs (with kalio) and had no difficulty.

I had to do the same thing, loot and die. With a lvl 46 Jedi Sentinel the only solution I could find to solo this quest was to focus my attacks on killing the Tech Guard and then looting his corpse as quickly as possible. I got my companion to to draw aggro from the shaman and then just let him kill me after I looted the tech guard. Edited by sumbenho

I done this quest today at level 45 on my Jedi Sentinel Watchman spec(also my first time and character), used Sargeant Rusk as my companion and had no problem with it, killed the shaman first then the tech guy, had to use my defensive cooldowns and Zen but otherwise fine with it.