Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Severe Lag in Zakuul (KoTFE chapter X) maybe the whole game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Severe Lag in Zakuul (KoTFE chapter X) maybe the whole game

DaZeeZee
07.09.2020 , 10:01 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
So you are on the East Coast? Do you play on the US servers or the EU ones?
I've already said, US servers, I live on the east coast.

DarkTergon
07.09.2020 , 02:22 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DaZeeZee View Post
Did you try pingplotter? If so, what was the result?
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

AccountnotKnown
07.09.2020 , 08:42 PM | #33
This isn't a connection issue, why you are all droning on about it being a connection problem is laughable.

The problem as the OP mentioned in the ability lag and teleporting enemies in KotFE Chapter 10 (and 11 I've noticed).

No other problems anywhere else in the game just those 2 chapters I've found.

Though I am holding off doing chapter 12 for fear of the same for the time being.

TrixxieTriss
07.09.2020 , 09:48 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DaZeeZee View Post
Yes, I’m also interested in you ping plotter results. I know from my own personal experience that if you are being routed through a level1 back bone and through DC hops, you will likely have lots of lag spikes and packet loss.

It’s one of the reasons I have ended up using WTFast because they allow you to partially chose how you are routed, So I choose to the best CA west coast hop from Australia (because I’ve zero issues getting to that point), then I test ping at different hops. And even though sometimes the DC pings look 5-10ms quicker, if I choose them, they are flaky with stability and packet loss. My usual go to router hop for WTFast on the east coast is Atlanta or Virginia.

TrixxieTriss
07.09.2020 , 09:53 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by AccountnotKnown View Post
This isn't a connection issue, why you are all droning on about it being a connection problem is laughable.

The problem as the OP mentioned in the ability lag and teleporting enemies in KotFE Chapter 10 (and 11 I've noticed).

Though I am holding off doing chapter 12 for fear of the same for the time being.
Because they referred that it could be the whole game and it’s not. I’ve not played those chapters in a while, so I can’t say I’ve had the problem. But what you are describing happens in pvp a fair bit. It’s positioning part is called Dysnc. As for the ability lag, that happens in pvp to sometimes, but usually it’s packetloss loss. So it’s still possible this is two seperate issues and that is how you should trouble shoot it.

DarkTergon
07.09.2020 , 10:18 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by AccountnotKnown View Post

What's laughable is that you didn't read the whole thread before commenting
1, The op mentioned chap 10 , and possibly the whole game, which is how the thread started/
2 Another poster was commenting on lag in the game, and that's why it went to 4 pages, we were trying to get them to check pingplotter, to see if it was an issue,
both posters were commenting, and if they actually checked, when first mention, we might have found out if it was a connection or game issue. I haven't haad any issues with any of the Kotfe, or Kotet chapters.
3 If it was the game, a lot more people would be complaining about that part, where as most of the compaints, are about lag in general
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ