Best Healing Duo for 8 Man Operations?

its total heals and the fact that im healing his grup and my one on z&t on tank switch my tank has most of times 90-100% hp when his normly abouth 30 we used mox for 4h and each time i had 10-30% more heals then he did wot suprise me he did acomplishe more in game then i did bean playing heal from beta in this game and think all healers are same if utilized in a good way at the end of a day it counts the skill of a person playing

Oh, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying you have to look at what's effective healing and not just what Mox is telling you.

Actually, it's clear that YOU are the one who has no idea. Healing trance should always be a sage's main PVE heal. If it isn't, you're doing it wrong.

Ofc it is. I never said it isn't. -.-

But the way he thinks sage's healing looks like is wrong. And yes, bubbles indeed are "oh crap" button. Using it as a regular heal (except some situation when you expect someone to get large hit) is just stupid.

Edited by Koordynator

General rule of thumb, 2 of the same healers will be slighly less effective than a mix. 2 Sorcs will trip each other with their bubble debuffs. 2 operatives will find it harder to maintain their own 2 stack of kolto probes and neither brings an armor buff for the tanks like merc and sorcs do. The exception is mercenaries, although, they can't both kolto shell the same target, although, this is a very minor inconvenience compared to same same of the other 2 classes.

I'd recommend bringing either a sage or a mercenary for the armor buff and then teaming them up with another of a different class. My personal favourite combination from an efficacy point of view would be an operative in combination with a sorcerer. Operatives bring highly efficient hot based healing, reasonably potent AoE healing and very strong single target healing. Operatives also bring the ability to vanish resurrect which is immeasurably useful. Sorcs have their strong AoE heals and if well played should be maintaining the armor buff on both tanks should it be required. Extricate is very useful in some fights also as well as them possessing some of the best mobility of all healers with force speed. On top of all this, Operatives can maintain kolto probes on the sorc to offset much of the risk of the sorc dying while low health as a result of consuming for force.

Finally, bubbles are incredible, not only are they very force efficient, damage prevented is better than damage healed. Kephess the undying springs to mind as somewhere bubbles really shine. Bubbling the person Kephess leaps onto can often mean the difference between them dying, especially if people aren't completely topped up before Kephess leaps. Another good use of bubbles is bubbling the tank who just had force leach cast on them by the dreadguards in TFB.

Most of this is background noise though when considering players skill. Bringing good players is more important than bringing any specific class of healer.

Edited by Sydexlic

General rule of thumb, 2 of the same healers will be slighly less effective than a mix. 2 Sorcs will trip each other with their bubble debuffs. 2 operatives will find it harder to maintain their own 2 stack of kolto probes and neither brings an armor buff for the tanks like merc and sorcs do. The exception is mercenaries, although, they can't both kolto shell the same target, although, this is a very minor inconvenience compared to same same of the other 2 classes.

I'd recommend bringing either a sage or a mercenary for the armor buff and then teaming them up with another of a different class. My personal favourite combination from an efficacy point of view would be an operative in combination with a sorcerer. Operatives bring highly efficient hot based healing, reasonably potent AoE healing and very strong single target healing. Operatives also bring the ability to vanish resurrect which is immeasurably useful. Sorcs have their strong AoE heals and if well played should be maintaining the armor buff on both tanks should it be required. Extricate is very useful in some fights also as well as them possessing some of the best mobility of all healers with force speed. On top of all this, Operatives can maintain kolto probes on the sorc to offset much of the risk of the sorc dying while low health as a result of consuming for force.

Finally, bubbles are incredible, not only are they very force efficient, damage prevented is better than damage healed. Kephess the undying springs to mind as somewhere bubbles really shine. Bubbling the person Kephess leaps onto can often mean the difference between them dying, especially if people aren't completely topped up before Kephess leaps. Another good use of bubbles is bubbling the tank who just had force leach cast on them by the dreadguards in TFB.

Most of this is background noise though when considering players skill. Bringing good players is more important than bringing any specific class of healer.

Technically two merc's don't have a back draw besides their own abilities. They lack any real ability to heal raid wide without messing up their rotation on the tanks. I would never recommend 2 mercs for that reason alone. However if it is a fight with pretty much all tank damage occurs like TfB second phase with a disciplined team should never take any damage besides the tanks and that scramble at 16%.

Edited by mastirkal

Oh, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying you have to look at what's effective healing and not just what Mox is telling you.

i agree with u on this complitly effective healing its wot is all abouth on my sorc heal numbers are bigger then on merc yet can heal more effective on the merc who cares abouth the numbers if grup is going down team work and skill its wot gets the job done

Technically two merc's don't have a back draw besides their own abilities. They lack any real ability to heal raid wide without messing up their rotation on the tanks. I would never recommend 2 mercs for that reason alone. However if it is a fight with pretty much all tank damage occurs like TfB second phase with a disciplined team should never take any damage besides the tanks and that scramble at 16%.

i dis agree with this merc can heal well grup and single targets and from my point of viue there is no such thing as rotation for healer any one doing smole misstake will mess up healers rotation so just go with the flow heal pepole who need it if all are toped up just use rapid shoot to maintain super charge and keep the heath down

Operative + Sorc is my favorite combo. When I go into a guild ops group and I see my girl healing with her sorc I have no doubt we're completely covered for any content. It really does come down to comfort level with the actual other player I think. I have more faith in her than I do in any other healer in my guild. It's the same thing when I see which tanks or DPS are signed up to raid. Some I have more faith in, and others make me think twice before I even jump into the group.

I play a Sage healer.

I have the most experience pairing with a Scoundrel, and find we work very well together. I don't have as much experience working with a Commando, so would rank it second for pairing with Sage. That may just be experience bias though. Pairing with another Sage is definitely a step down from either of the other two healers on fights with a lot of single target healing (HM Terror, NiM Kephess). On any other fight dual Sages just power through with those double Salvations.

While the single target fights are more difficult, they are still doable. HM Terror just requires a bit more adherence to a single target rotation instead of relying on Salvation to smooth things over. NiM Keph is more challenging. Both of us felt that it was noticeably more effort than Sage+Scoundrel, and there were times (3rd Trandoshan pack, couple times in final phase) where Benevolence actually saw repeated use. At those times, Deliverance cast times were simply too long to keep the tank alive when Trance was down.

On my commando, I have the most fun pairing with a scoundrel, largely because it's fun and the synergies are surprising. Normally though, I pair with a sage. It's a bit like a scoundrel healing with a sage, but spikier and capable of handling single-target burst phases a little more cleanly.

As a tank, I prefer to have a sage/scoundrel duo healing me. Things just feel a lot more secure, and less likely to fail when everything goes horribly awry. I've been healed by all of the healer combos though, and they all work. The only two that I really don't like are commando/commando (worst. idea. ever.) and sage/sage (deliverance kills).

Speaking as someone who has two different tanks and one of each healer (DPS is some sort of droid model, right?), here's my opinion:

As a tank, I'm pretty much fine with any combination other than 2x commandos (at least until 2.0 hits!). My biggest concern is trying to have a consistent group of healers together. Having 2 healers simply work together enough can make them a more effective team than any class combination will.

I've healed on all 3 Imp classes, and can honestly say that I choose my healer based on my partner & the instance. I know the other healers I generally run with fairly well, and I typically pick the class that lets me best compensate for their weaknesses and supplement their strengths -- it's really more a matter of the PLAYER than the class in that situation (so, if I'm paired with a good raid healer, I'll run my merc or operative; if I'm paired with a weak raid healer who's good at single-target, I'll run my sorc).

Honestly, I think it's a matter of players more than classes. Your healers should work well together as PLAYERS, and they'll get a rhythm down in time that they'll complement each other more than their classes ever will. (The same thing is true about tanks!)

Every healing combination is viable. Props to bioware for balancing healing out (except for Ops/scoundrel stealth battle rezs).

Only issue is 2 sorcs/sages for NiM EC Kephess; stupid difficult. Force bubble is great, but it obviously cannot stack. The AoE heal is not very good for most of that fight. During the last phase, Kephess just keeps doing nonstop burst damage to the tanks. If the tanks get unlucky shield/def chance procs + healing trance ticks crit less than 3 times, then the tanking tank is dead. Defensive cooldowns can only do so much. Not surprising, sages/sorcs suck at burst healing.

Everything else in the game is doable with any healer combination.

On my commando, I have the most fun pairing with a scoundrel, largely because it's fun and the synergies are surprising. Normally though, I pair with a sage. It's a bit like a scoundrel healing with a sage, but spikier and capable of handling single-target burst phases a little more cleanly.

As a tank, I prefer to have a sage/scoundrel duo healing me. Things just feel a lot more secure, and less likely to fail when everything goes horribly awry. I've been healed by all of the healer combos though, and they all work. The only two that I really don't like are commando/commando (worst. idea. ever.) and sage/sage (deliverance kills).

Commando/Commando is seriously a really really good combo. Ive healed all content on my commando with all other healers and when i teamed with another commando healer in the guild EC NiM felt like it was on sm. Sure you're lacking a bit of aoe healing but i've never had such an easy time healing ever and the same went for TFB HM.