GTN bug

TrueSounds

One example: I want to sell on GTN an item Mission Discovery: Diplomacy (Dark), Requires Diplomacy (500).

First, as usual I tried to check the current GTN prices on this item, but apparently nobody sells it now on my The Read Eclipse server. OK, then I used a search by the name Mission Discovery: Diplomacy to see all current prices of all (Light) and (Dark) Diplomacy missions. After checking 6 pages I saw that there are some (Light) 500 missions, among a lot of others, but no any (Dark) 500. Well, I assigned the approximately fair price and placed my item on GTN. The item has been placed successfully.

But after that I am unable to see it in the "Buy" list, it is visible only in my "Sell" list! Even without any additional filters like Crafting Missions, Diplomacy; even if I simply enter the word Diplomacy in the Name field, I don't see my item! I see other Diplomacy (Light) 500 and Diplomacy (Dark) 450, but no one Diplomacy (Dark) 500. It's obvious that nobody will be able to see my item, even if someone wants to buy it, and I will receive it back as unsold in a few hours.

Sorry, I even cannot give developers a hint how this could occur. Maybe some wrong internal IDs or filters, that's all.

P.S. Checked today after 4.0.3a update.

Edited by Cassianus

Uh, I just ran a search on the GTN for several rank 5 items that were not showing earlier this week and they are now showing up.

Other stuff isn't. Crafted Black and Gray Dyes for example, Magenta Eviscerating crystals too (or one of the craftable colors at least). And I believe the new Jetpack is also among the things currently unsearchable.

I confirm this - The search bug was not entirely fixed with patch 4.0.3a

Items like "Adapted Circuit" now appear on the GTN.

Yet, items like:

Advanced Shield Augment 40

Advanced Accuracy Augment 40

Advanced Overkill Augment 40

Dark Matter Catalyst

Still don't appear on the GTN, I've put them for sale myself, they're on my sell list, but they're not the GTN list.

Even making a broader search, example. "Advanced Shield Augment", a lot of items appear, yet the ones with the "40" rating are invisible.

Other stuff isn't. Crafted Black and Gray Dyes for example, Magenta Eviscerating crystals too (or one of the craftable colors at least). And I believe the new Jetpack is also among the things currently unsearchable.

Search. Cartel Market Items. Dyes.

Keywords: Gray Black

Among the items that show up:

Black and Light Gray Module.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/swtor%202015-12-10%2015-39-52-39_zpsot2fjgkw.jpg

Is there another module type with a different name that is not showing up?

Search: Item Modification, Color Crystal

Keyword: Magenta

Advanced Magenta Eviscerating Crystal shows up.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/swtor%202015-12-10%2015-40-58-25_zpspqlofwow.jpg

No category selected.

Keyword: Jetpack

J-37, JT-9 and JT-2 show up on the first page.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/swtor%202015-12-10%2015-42-15-75_zpsffy4em8n.jpg

You may have to open a ticket if you're still having problems.

I confirm this - The search bug was not entirely fixed with patch 4.0.3a

Items like "Adapted Circuit" now appear on the GTN.

Yet, items like:

Advanced Shield Augment 40

Advanced Accuracy Augment 40

Advanced Overkill Augment 40

Dark Matter Catalyst

Still don't appear on the GTN, I've put them for sale myself, they're on my sell list, but they're not the GTN list.

Even making a broader search, example. "Advanced Shield Augment", a lot of items appear, yet the ones with the "40" rating are invisible.

That seems to be happening for the shield augment. It can be found via category search. Pick Item Modification -> Augment then Artifact rarity and then pick lvl range 64-65 and the shield augments will show up on the list. Though Accuracy and overkill augments are showing via named search. So that and Dark Matter Catalyst (you have to search under crafting material -> misc and artifact rarity to bring the list down) appear to be unsearchable via direct name search.

There's plenty of stuff that still doesn't show up. A few mounts for example. I doubt you'll be able to list them all or find any sort of rhyme or reason for why some things show up and others don't.

The only constant here is Bioware programming. ;)

Okay, the latest patch seemed to kill off even more things on the GTN.

In the morning I was able to list and see everything from the most recent Strategy Alliance Pack as I had a lot of bits to sell.

Last night I can no longer see half the mounts or decorations, and this is the most recent stuff in the game!!

The list of what I can now not list (as it cannot be seen to be purchased) are (on Red Eclipse Server):

Mounts not visible:

Czerka Z-3B

Dasta Colossus

Hyrotti YH-55

Decorations not visible:

Ambient Machine: Tech Lab

Bomb Carrier

Jukebox: Riveting Tunes

Weapon Stand

...possibly others, but these are what I can remember.

Also, the Diplomacy Dark (500) Mission also cannot be seen.

Please can we get this sorted or at least acknowledged as while it is broken we cannot trade these items!!!

Thanks

I was actually able to see the new jetpack, even though other mounts did not show. Same for both of the creature mounts in the recent pack.

That seems to be happening for the shield augment. It can be found via category search. Pick Item Modification -> Augment then Artifact rarity and then pick lvl range 64-65 and the shield augments will show up on the list. Though Accuracy and overkill augments are showing via named search. So that and Dark Matter Catalyst (you have to search under crafting material -> misc and artifact rarity to bring the list down) appear to be unsearchable via direct name search.

Gratitude! I was unaware of this, and I was able to acquire dark matter catalysts through a specific search, just like you've indicated!

As for the rest, yeah, the main GTN search/listing is still half broken. I guess we have to be patient...

"Reverse Engineering" this problem...

If you're not looking for a specific thing, but are instead searching for a general sort of thing, reveals that a LOT of items are getting falsely tagged. For example, I was looking for "Decorations; Signs" and one of the first things that popped up was Statue: Naga Sadow. Not at all a sign... Decorations, at least, are positively rife with these kinds of errors.

Seems to me I was browsing Sniper Rifles, and found Double Sabres. :confused:

...probably a bunch of those pieces that you're looking for would be found if, instead of looking for, say, Mainhand Blasters, you instead tried looking for Pets. :o