Gameplay Issues

TroyHiner

Hello all,

I have just downloaded this game and I am very excited to jump right in, however the game seems to be having a few issues that I am hoping you all can help me with. When I am logged in, when people speak in the chat I can see what they say but no name shows up. While playing, a tutorial exclamation mark pops up but when I click on it a menu appears but no tutorial, it is just blank. When I click the escape button to bring up the game menu everything has "loc" in front of it followed by a bunch of numbers and the word "preference" with nothing to tell me what is what. I had to guess which one was the button to log out. The intro quest giver and my character had a voice in the intro scene but the next quest giver and my character did not have a voice in the dialogue. Not sure what all this is or how to fix it. Any ideas?

Hello all,

I have just downloaded this game and I am very excited to jump right in, however the game seems to be having a few issues that I am hoping you all can help me with. When I am logged in, when people speak in the chat I can see what they say but no name shows up. While playing, a tutorial exclamation mark pops up but when I click on it a menu appears but no tutorial, it is just blank. When I click the escape button to bring up the game menu everything has "loc" in front of it followed by a bunch of numbers and the word "preference" with nothing to tell me what is what. I had to guess which one was the button to log out. The intro quest giver and my character had a voice in the intro scene but the next quest giver and my character did not have a voice in the dialogue. Not sure what all this is or how to fix it. Any ideas?

It sounds like the game is still downloading. The BitRaider client allows one to start playing the starter world while the game finishes downloading in the background. You can either keep playing or close the game, log back in but don't launch, and let it finish downloading. Depending on your connection that could take a while as the full download is quite large.

It sounds like the game is still downloading. The BitRaider client allows one to start playing the starter world while the game finishes downloading in the background. You can either keep playing or close the game, log back in but don't launch, and let it finish downloading. Depending on your connection that could take a while as the full download is quite large.

I thought this may have been the problem as well, but I believe it has finished downloading, yet the problem is persisting. The download may have messed up somehow. I believe my best bet is to delete and re-download unless someone had a specific fix.

I thought this may have been the problem as well, but I believe it has finished downloading, yet the problem is persisting. The download may have messed up somehow. I believe my best bet is to delete and re-download unless someone had a specific fix.

See the post below for instructions on how to force a repair. The BitRaider client is notorious for having problems and if it keeps troubling you then here also is a post on how to disable to streaming client.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/m-p/6454174#M39

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/m-p/4867417#M27