Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative suvivability?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Operative suvivability?

QuiveringPotato
06.14.2019 , 07:12 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
You say you can 1v1 90% of the Operatives that normally play on starforge? Are we talking killing in WZ or actual duels? If its anything short of an uninterrupted 1v1 at a turret then its not a duel.
I don't duel very often, although if an operative opens on me, I don't panic. In fact, unless I recognize the name as someone who's actually a half decent player, I literally ignore 99% of the dps operatives I see in warzones. Even if they're delaying a node cap, it's very easy for 1 player to neutralize the threat by sapping or stunning them. The main issue comes when other players come along and break your stuns.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

TrixxieTriss
06.14.2019 , 08:33 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
The main issue comes when other players come along and break your stuns.
Ain’t that the truth with every class. How people can’t recognise whirlwind is beyond me.

QuiveringPotato
06.16.2019 , 10:46 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Ain’t that the truth with every class. How people can’t recognise whirlwind is beyond me.
Yeah, lol. I can understand the annoyance of a mediocre op running around rifle shotting people to stop caps, but really, education is the best defense against them. Do not bother trying to kill the freaking op, just stun them so you can cap and then you don't have to worry about it.

Seriously, 99% of ops don't even know what our abilities are called and will not be able to 1v1 you, much less 1v2 two decent players.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Ttoilleekul
06.17.2019 , 03:01 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
Seriously, 99% of ops don't even know what our abilities are called and will not be able to 1v1 you, much less 1v2 two decent players.
That's not my experience on DM. Good Operatives are dime a dozen in every WZ. I often find myself guarding a node because A) I like it and B) no one else wants to. I would guestimate that 7/10 Operatives / Scoundrels that come to my node, I lose the ensuing duel. Obviously yes I always call for help and can survive long enough for help to arrive no matter what class I am playing. But they are the only class I worry about when they turn up at my node.

septru
06.18.2019 , 10:28 AM | #65
That's not my experience on DM. Good Operatives are dime a dozen in every WZ.
Compared to you, maybe.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."

Lhancelot
06.19.2019 , 08:44 AM | #66
However everything else you're saying.... that's not my experience and seems to go against what the majority are saying here too. I see far more than 2/ 3 Operatives in a the queue a prime time. On Darth Malgus they are common as muck, and most of them are half decent too. They always survive well in groups battles, even I am finding group battle survivability to be good.
You have to be specific and clear what you mean by "half decent" ops.

If the ops just manages to postpone a node capture for a minute or two, that's fair but not all that awesome of an op. An average operative should be able to hold a node for a long time before losing it to enemies.

Personally I consider good ops the ones that not only can ward off attackers from a node for long periods of time solo, but who also can actually put out some decent DPS.

Yes, ops can put out some very nice and bursty DPS. With roots, interrupts, stuns, and decent burst they are very deadly and these are the guys that I consider good or even great. These types of ops are rare in my experience.

Usually ops are either good at doing DPS, good at being lords of control holding any node for indefinite periods of time no matter how many of the other team tries to take it, but extremely rarely do I see ops that can do both.

The class as mentioned has a very high ceiling, but is very complex and I just think most people end up perfecting only a part of what the class is capable of doing.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696