Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Something is causing hiccups/delays in the Solo Ranked Pops

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Something is causing hiccups/delays in the Solo Ranked Pops

JediMasterAlex
06.09.2019 , 01:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by bUrself_ View Post
he was specifically complaining that being higher rated can lead to getting skipped. like I said, this has always been a thing and it's always been a necessary nuisance.
I agree. As a high rated player queueing right now, I've gotten skipped by the last three pops, which can be annoying. But ultimately, fair matches are more important than my annoyance. I'll get a pop eventually.

TrixxieTriss
06.09.2019 , 07:38 PM | #12
Theoretically it’s possible that so many people of higher rating have left or the changes with having less people at higher ELO is affecting the higher ELO players the most.

To me, that would indicate the problem is population and also how some people have had a harder time getting their ELO up higher this season. I guess those wintraders might have actually helped the pops last season and with less of them doing it, it has decreased some of the pops. Which just seems sad how ever you look at it.

So, you have more noobs playing ranked and keeping a lot of people’s ELO low, while others have been a bit luckier and were able to get their ELO up. Now they have less people on at the same time with similar ELO.

I dont know how you fix a system that is working as intended. It’s obviously still working like it’s supposed too and not putting all lower ELO’s against a high ELO.

assatrap
06.10.2019 , 02:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
This has been happening since S10 Started (when all the matchmaking systems got changed).

Just now, the Star Forge server went for about an hour with no solo ranked pop, when we knew there were more than enough people in the queue. Finally, when a pop happened, it spawned 2 matches and even then there were people who didn't get a pop, indicating that the were plenty of people in queue.

This is not just an isolated event. It happens on a nightly basis, in the middle of prime time. Something is causing the system to get caught up and not pop a match for large delays at a time. Again, this only started after the matchmaking changes when S9 ended / S10 started.

Devs, if you could check and/or put some debugging on the system that could determine why this is happening. The ranked scene is already rather small, and this is causing more people to stop playing. When people assume that there's not enough people to make a game, they just log off and stop playing.
I can 100% confirm this happens on DM (euro) server alot too. Not DAILY but atleast 4-5times/week during prime typically about 7pm GMT at DM server. At it can last up to 1 hour which is really demoralizing when you just wanna grind sr.. do your dailys etc. You know theres more then enough people in que but just sit there 1 hour doing nothing. (then it pops after 50mins and you get a impossible matchmaking game but thats just a bonus)

omaan
06.10.2019 , 07:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I understand your point, but I think in the past it was worse than it is now. You had high rated players stacked into the same team vs low rated hopefuls who got smashed to pieces all the time. I had times where I was in que and I knew who was queing and I got into teams of low rated vs all 4 top gold players and it happened on many occasions. You could easily predict by looking on your friend list what teams the game will make..

In this current system it kinda tries to balance things out.

The only time when matchmaking was totally random and only heals tanks where taken into consideration when forming teams was in pre season. Those were really good matches. I'm not saying this current system is perfect but it's the lesser evil out of the 2. I noticed that when you get around 1400, you start getting trash teams. Even arouind 1300+ it starts happening and then your elo slowly erodes away.

Honestly, there is no fix... The only fix would be a larger player pool, but as things are now that is not very likely to happen. Bioware needs to find some good ways of making people que ranked, but sadly ranked players are very hostiles to newbies which after a while could end up good, but..
I also had many unlucky fights on low elo yet with my skill growing - my elo was growing with it. Even with bad luck fights the more i played the more my elo and skill were growing and greater number of games played outnumbered unlucky fights. I stopped at 2100 on one char and 2200 on other in the end of season 9 and was happy to have played so many now. And whats now in season? I played one of my chars to top 1 at the begining of the season, dodged skilled players with middle rating so that my char would not matched with total noobs in my team against these skilled middle-rated guys and then didnt log in swtor for 4 months and still top 1. Yaaay, how interesting....watching on streams how really skilled players with high elo are matched with total f***ots against 3 middle rated mercs because they missed first 2 weeks of fair queue is cool. Until they quit swtor in few weeks of loosing due to such great matchmaking and start lvling death knights or hunters in wow

JediMasterAlex
06.10.2019 , 07:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
I also had many unlucky fights on low elo yet with my skill growing - my elo was growing with it. Even with bad luck fights the more i played the more my elo and skill were growing and greater number of games played outnumbered unlucky fights. I stopped at 2100 on one char and 2200 on other in the end of season 9 and was happy to have played so many now. And whats now in season? I played one of my chars to top 1 at the begining of the season, dodged skilled players with middle rating so that my char would not matched with total noobs in my team against these skilled middle-rated guys and then didnt log in swtor for 4 months and still top 1. Yaaay, how interesting....watching on streams how really skilled players with high elo are matched with total f***ots against 3 middle rated mercs because they missed first 2 weeks of fair queue is cool. Until they quit swtor in few weeks of loosing due to such great matchmaking and start lvling death knights or hunters in wow
This is all an excellent argument in favor of adding rating decay and a minimum number of games to qualify for rewards.

ttamgoud
06.11.2019 , 09:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
This has been happening since S10 Started (when all the matchmaking systems got changed).

Just now, the Star Forge server went for about an hour with no solo ranked pop, when we knew there were more than enough people in the queue. Finally, when a pop happened, it spawned 2 matches and even then there were people who didn't get a pop, indicating that the were plenty of people in queue.

This is not just an isolated event. It happens on a nightly basis, in the middle of prime time. Something is causing the system to get caught up and not pop a match for large delays at a time. Again, this only started after the matchmaking changes when S9 ended / S10 started.

Devs, if you could check and/or put some debugging on the system that could determine why this is happening. The ranked scene is already rather small, and this is causing more people to stop playing. When people assume that there's not enough people to make a game, they just log off and stop playing.

Dis true pls help^
https://www.twitch.tv/deanlo420
Aesthetic Legacy
Lit xD
Thots

JediMasterAlex
06.28.2019 , 05:31 PM | #18
The queue is broken as has been described right now on SF. Bioware, please do something.

Werronious
06.29.2019 , 03:40 PM | #19
there are lots of problems with this game, its not even worth to sub, it looks like some beta game from 90's.

Shadow teleport sling shot you on other side of warzones
Shadow combat movement bugs like you have broken leg
Ppl teleporting all over the place, especially on hutball arena
pvp balance is garbage

its like 2 hamsters are driving the servers
1 dev counting money instead of fixing real problems with this game
this game is going to die soon when ep9 stops playing in cinemas

time to fix this game or let it die or sell to some company who will fix this garbage atm.