Is it explained why some non force sensitives resit mind control and other do not?

adormitul

Mandalorians and some other groups train to resist tricks of mind from Jedi and Sith alike. Mandalorians, Echani, some bounty hunters like Cad Bane from the Clone Wars era, etc. Some species are naturally immune to mind tricks such as Hutts, Toydarians, Dashade like Khem Val, etc. I hope that helps.

Some people are just more weak minded then others basically. However what I don't like is that mind tricks seem to work on every stormtrooper, the one in TFA, Obi-Wan in ANH and numerous times in Rebels. Some of those guys should be able to resist mind tricks IMO not all of them can be "weak minded".

Some people are just more weak minded then others basically. However what I don't like is that mind tricks seem to work on every stormtrooper, the one in TFA, Obi-Wan in ANH and numerous times in Rebels. Some of those guys should be able to resist mind tricks IMO not all of them can be "weak minded".

Considering the indoctrination process they go through, pretty sure it makes them all weak minded.

And "weak" is of course quite relative.

I tend to think a person is weak minded when they sort of believe what you are saying and therefore the mind trick works but if a person has used the ability of their mind to think for themselves, 9 times out of 10 they are not going to fall for the mind trick.

Some people I know call it being stubborn, whether that is accurate or not is another point.