PvP?

Ivomec

I know I will get flamed for this, and it will get locked or deleted but....

Bioware / EA your PvP model really stinks, fix the imbalance and PvP gear issues or just get rid of your PvP all together.

L2P, blah blah blah got it, but it doesnt help the fact that the PvP in this game just out right blows

/end rant

I love pvp, but it is probably the worst MMO pvp system I've ever seen. They obviously didn't think it through too much and misunderstood how skills and stats would work in a group setting.

The biggest problem is obviously the stun/resolve system. Not sure what genius decided to give every class a stun or two or three, and then give is the glorious resolve system. Worst stunlock idea ever. I'm pretty sure none of their pvp devs have actually played pvp in other games where stuns are limited to certain classes and the stunlock systems are actually simple but reliable.

Beyond that, I don't think they really care to fix it because they haven't made any major changes in the entire year the game has been out.

PvP was an afterthought for this game, and the devs themselves have said they are surprised at how many people play it.

Nothing in this game is going to get "fixed" or change drastically going forward, aside from buggier and buggier content. It's being run on the cheap by Jeff Hickman. That's all you need to know. Even if SWTOR had a ton of potential to be great, he is only brought in to slowly kill a game and make as much money as possible beforehand.

Edited by arunav

It is very easy to talk something like this but what is your real complaint? What needs to change? Please make constructive posts.

I would however, it seems like it is a waste of energy typing out a constructive post as the other fine person has stated there are numerous ones already made but fall on deft ears (or eye's in this case) and nothing ever changes. I simply needed to rant about the system.

My biggest complaint is the Stuns / resolve mechanics in the game. You can get stunned three or four times and you have one ability to get you out of the three or four stuns waiting for you. Maybe add another ability to break stuns if there is going to be this many CC's available.

My biggest complaint is the Stuns / resolve mechanics in the game. You can get stunned three or four times and you have one ability to get you out of the three or four stuns waiting for you. Maybe add another ability to break stuns if there is going to be this many CC's available.

I agree it can be frustrating be stunned 4 or 5 times in a row. But no player will able to use 5 stuns. This happens in situations where you are in 4x1 or 5x1.

In this case you need to protect the tank and healer hold your HP. This system exists to prevent a single player make significant losses in a group of 5 (for exemple) ...

And remember no are "stars" in this game only group work... In mass pvp win best group.

Edited by lucianobck

omg!!! i cant win 1v3 people in WZs!!! must be because BW sucks because i am the greatest PVPer in the known and unknown universe!!! i should be able to 1v100!! thats how good i am. damn you BW!! remove CCs from game so maaaaa skilllllz can show!!!