The last straw

WaliceDrel

I just transferred guild leader and I am canceling my account as soon as I finish this post. I am sick and tired of them breaking pvp over and over again. 2 times now I have maxed out my 4 mains in pvp gear. First battle master then they scrubbed battle Master . now they scrubbed war hero. I not grinding all that again. Not to mention pvp is broke anyways. And with no ilum there is nothing to do but wz's for pvp players. It just plain not fun and I am not paying anymore money to be frustrated and disappointed.

I just transferred guild leader and I am canceling my account as soon as I finish this post. I am sick and tired of them breaking pvp over and over again. 2 times now I have maxed out my 4 mains in pvp gear. First battle master then they scrubbed battle Master . now they scrubbed war hero. I not grinding all that again. Not to mention pvp is broke anyways. And with no ilum there is nothing to do but wz's for pvp players. It just plain not fun and I am not paying anymore money to be frustrated and disappointed.

We shall miss you....

grinding? how is PVP a grind if you like PVP? pvp because you like it and you also happen to get comms while you are pvping. then spend those comms to get the tiny increase that EWH gives. seriously, if pvping is a grind then you dont really enjoy pvp and so you dont need pvp gear.

can go to any of the lvl 50 areas that have dailies and find pvp( even on PVE servers ).

grinding? how is PVP a grind if you like PVP? pvp because you like it and you also happen to get comms while you are pvping. then spend those comms to get the tiny increase that EWH gives. seriously, if pvping is a grind then you dont really enjoy pvp and so you dont need pvp gear.

Exactly. We need more people who like to PvP to actually PvP. We really don't need gear grinding freeloaders for the sake of grinding while not having fun doing it.

yah whys shouldz iz need to grindz mulitple set of gear in mmo?????? I mean it shold be 1 set n thn no m0re sets shud be releasd lik eva...what hell man?????

It would make PvP much, much more fair if there was only one set of PvP Gear. No Gear gap, no Premades with full WH/EWH, just the same Gear on everyone.

Edited by Chlomamf

It would make PvP much, much more fair if there was only one set of PvP Gear. No Gear gap, no Premades with full WH/EWH, just the same Gear on everyone.

Um that's kind of what they did. Takes like 3-5 days to get WH now. Gear gap = Basically gone.

Premades? Take away people's ability to group together, or force them into a separate queue, and the PvP in this game will die, instantly.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Either premades are "everywhere" ruining everyone's dreams of PvP awesomeness. In which case they represent the majority of PvPers, and the people who don't have 3 friends are the minority.

OR

Most of the game is casual solo queuers, and Premades represent an "elite" minority, who takes this game too seriously. Well then you shouldn't be running into them every WZ.

Um that's kind of what they did. Takes like 3-5 days to get WH now. Gear gap = Basically gone.

Premades? Take away people's ability to group together, or force them into a separate queue, and the PvP in this game will die, instantly.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Either premades are "everywhere" ruining everyone's dreams of PvP awesomeness. In which case they represent the majority of PvPers, and the people who don't have 3 friends are the minority.

OR

Most of the game is casual solo queuers, and Premades represent an "elite" minority, who takes this game too seriously. Well then you shouldn't be running into them every WZ.

^^ shake this dude's hand.

OR

I think you misread what I said, I didn't say to remove Premades or put them in their own section, I said that with 1 Gear set you wouldn't have fully Geared Premades running around trashing everyone. Besides, I'm not so sure if the Gear gap Is fixed, because I was on my Sniper yesterday on 50-bracket PvP and on alot of the matched we had a good Premade with us, and one of the Premaders didn't die once in every match we were in. No, she didn't have a pocket healer, as even when we all had died and the Reps had stormed a side on VS she still didn't die. 1 Imperial vs 8 Reps.

I think you misread what I said, I didn't say to remove Premades or put them in their own section, I said that with 1 Gear set you wouldn't have fully Geared Premades running around trashing everyone. Besides, I'm not so sure if the Gear gap Is fixed, because I was on my Sniper yesterday on 50-bracket PvP and on alot of the matched we had a good Premade with us, and one of the Premaders didn't die once in every match we were in. No, she didn't have a pocket healer, as even when we all had died and the Reps had stormed a side on VS she still didn't die. 1 Imperial vs 8 Reps.

Well technically there still is a gear gap it just now tends to be optimized vs. Default, which is a combination of the time to do so and the awareness of what does optimize (getting vindicator set bonus vs. Weaponmaster on a sent for example)

Wow, so this is what a rage quit looks like. ;)

The change in gear was necessary to increase the competitiveness in PvP between players. Getting new gear in some shape, form, or fashion is an ever present dynamic in a MMO game. The mistake they made, in my opinion, was removing Battlemaster gear. They should have replaced MK 2 Recruit gear with BM gear instead. RG cannot stand up to WH gear long enough to make a difference, whereas BM gear can make a difference. This is what they should've done from the outset with the change they made in 1.6. Hopefully, they'll realize this and correct it. Right now, I'll take my time getting EWH gear. My fully augmented WH gear with modable belt & bracers allow me to be competitive against someone in EWH gear. Hopefully, they'll correct the stats issue with EWH gear too.

can go to any of the lvl 50 areas that have dailies and find pvp( even on PVE servers ).

The problem is (and I dont actually disagree with your statement ftr) developers like EA, TRION, Blizzard have removed the ego stroke for PVP and replaced it with gear rewards.

So now rather then being happy about winning (as was the case pre WOW era), PVP is now about gear progression (just like PVE and Raiding).

So these new to MMORPG players get mad about chasing the gear grind over and over!

Its only going to get worse till someone figures out gear progression has no place in PVP and removes it completely.

Till then expect more posts like the OPs post because since WOW, any player starting MMORPGs thinks PVP is about the rewards, not about the enjoyment.

Ask yourself how often you read the following here:

"If they just added rewards and a meaning to goto ilum, Id go there to PVP. But right now I get nothing outta it so dont go to it."

PRE WOW era of MMORPGs, Players got enjoyment and fun outta their PVP. That was the pay off.

Now a days, its about what you get to give you artificial advantages over others. Simply being the best on a balanced and equal feild doesnt appeal to many PVPers anymore.

And thats truely sad!

BW has been idiots when it comes to pvp. However, the gear change is the best thing they have ever done for the continuation and promotion of PvP. It makes being competitive (gear wise) much more accessible and still leaves the carrot on the stick for people who dedicate lots of time to pvp.

ps, i have done the bm bag/bm grind/wh grind on multiple characters. I still LOVE this change.

!

agreed. this is the reason i play gw2 every once in a while. i may not like the game as much as this one but i will continue to at least casually pvp because the only rewards are vanity.

Edited by ForsakenKing

My sentiments exactly. What I used to consider grinding is killing a mob over and over for exp, gathering butt loads of mats for flasks in WoW, or grinding to get gear to qualify to be put on the raid schedule.... of faction too. PvP has never been a grind for me because I enjoyed it. I love raiding that is why I will grind for hours to be ready to contribute as much as I can to my guild. PvP has been fun on the side with a benefit of getting gear. I never pvp'd to get gear, only to pvp.

My opinion though.