Bubble stun and logic...

UGLYMRJ

Foxmob, I'm a pure Lightning Spec'd Sorcerer. I abhor using hybrids. To use one dilutes my abilities, namely using Thundering Blast and having the ability to generate a lot of damage from Forked Lightning and Conduction. This also includes losing Reverberating Force which increases critical damage of Affliction, Chain Lightning, and Thundering Blast by 50%. A Hybrid build does not allow me this. So the use of my Static Barrier is essential to my survival. They nerf it in a manner that it does not do what it does now without a solid buff for increasing DPS, then my Sorcerer is unusable for anything other than being a target for some Jedi /Shadow/Trooper/Smuggler's medal farming.

As for my Marauder, she is nothing more than a glass cannon. Without a dedicated healer, I cannot last long enough to get though my rotation in Annihilation. I use that because I find it generates far more damage than using Carnage. Case in point, while attempting to burn down an equally geared healing Sage while spec'd Carnage (I was in fully augmented BM gear), I could not generate enough DPS to kill the sage, even with Bloodthirst up! That was the final straw for me using Carnage. With Annihilation, I could kill a healing Sage if I had a healer behind me. However, having a healer on the Imperial side on Jedi Covenant is a rare commodity. Unlike the Pubs who have 3 or 4 healers on average in a warzone. So now my Marauder is retired from PvP and I only use for crafting (Artifice) and running Ops and dailies for credits, nothing more nothing less.

your preference of lightning over madness or heals or a hybrid is a conscious decision to play handicapped in WZ. don't lump the whole AC into your single-minded insistence for using one specific tree. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. you said the AC was bad. it's the second best heal class -- no commando/merc can touch the output of an equally geared/skilled sorc, especially in a melee-centric game where numerous ppl are grp'd together -- and you have the best aoe heals in the game.

carnage maras are the best dps in the game. I don't know any other way of saying it. they have incredible survivabilty compared to any other melee, and nobody hits harder single target. they're wrecking balls that can last longer than a tank. don't give me that glass cannon stuff. like all melee, they are kiteable and are stronger/weaker against various classes. and...oh by the way...they bring the most important buff in pvp to the wz. I think you must have been doing something wrong when you played the spec or were not at the gear threshold (many classes don't "click" until a certain threshold is met - i don't know what it is for carnage; I only fight them).

I'm cool with you wanting to play your lightning spam. really. have at it. I see a ton of commandos trying to make gunnery work. it cannot. not unless your team carries you - and by carry, I mean designs their strat around you as much as the more derogatory meaning. you simply cannot be useful unless left alone. I get that. that's not the AC. that's one tree. outside of maras/sents and possibly snipers/gs (2/8), no AC in the game has 3 worthwhile spec trees (going 31 deep) for pvp. demanding it of your chosen class - given what bubble stun does to the rest of the wz dynamics - is like cutting off one's leg because he broke a toe.

Edited by foxmob

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your preference of lightning over madness or heals or a hybrid is a conscious decision to play handicapped in WZ. don't lump the whole AC into your single-minded insistence for using one specific tree. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. you said the AC was bad. it's the second best heal class -- no commando/merc can touch the output of an equally geared/skilled sorc, especially in a melee-centric game where numerous ppl are grp'd together -- and you have the best aoe heals in the game.

You're correct, it is a choice that I made and have always played that way. I wasn't speaking for the whole class, just mine. However, the Sorcerer is the weakest class of all of them.

carnage maras are the best dps in the game. I don't know any other way of saying it. they have incredible survivabilty compared to any other melee, and nobody hits harder single target. they're wrecking balls that can last longer than a tank. don't give me that glass cannon stuff. like all melee, they are kiteable and are stronger/weaker against various classes. and...oh by the way...they bring the most important buff in pvp to the wz. I think you must have been doing something wrong when you played the spec or were not at the gear threshold (many classes don't "click" until a certain threshold is met - i don't know what it is for carnage; I only fight them).

We'll have to agree to disagree. After using all three spec's on my Marauder, Annihilation produces more damage overall when used properly. I used Carnage and Rage properly, I did not like the performance compared to Annihilation. Bleeding someone to death along with the other benefits of this spec produces a better outcome in the field. Until I retired her, my Marauder was wearing fully augmented BM gear with WH belt & bracers (augmented too). Without a dedicated healer, a Marauder/Sentinel does not have the legs to stand in drawn out fight. I've proven that with my Jugg tank against a Sentinel. However, our opinions differ, let's leave it at that.

I'm cool with you wanting to play your lightning spam. really. have at it. I see a ton of commandos trying to make gunnery work. it cannot. not unless your team carries you - and by carry, I mean designs their strat around you as much as the more derogatory meaning. you simply cannot be useful unless left alone. I get that. that's not the AC. that's one tree. outside of maras/sents and possibly snipers/gs (2/8), no AC in the game has 3 worthwhile spec trees (going 31 deep) for pvp. demanding it of your chosen class - given what bubble stun does to the rest of the wz dynamics - is like cutting off one's leg because he broke a toe.

If I were a bad player, yes the team would have to carry me. However, I am not. I play my Sorcerer smart. I shoot & scoot. I know when to stand and fight or flee. However, I do support the team with my abilities through focusing through our tank and use my AOE's to help kill the enemy. If that means I am defeated, so be it. I have no delusions about what I can and cannot do. Supporting the team is what my Lightning Sorcerer does and does well. Oh, I'm not just 31 points deep into Lightning, I'm all in it with 2 points in Madness for Will of the Sith, just my preference and choice.

Psychospider does a really good Job in Lightning Spec. But he's the only one I know who uses it. To me balance/madness is just so much better because I can do every attack on the move except TkT. Not big on the hybrid specs, tho I will use 11-18-12 just to mix things up. Very rarely do I ever use bubble stun So I dont care if they nerf it. Far as I'm concerned they can take away all the stuns (wouldn't miss them 1 bit)

Just give us something that we actually asked for instead of the stun bubble. Give me a free range attack (our light saber attack is pointless) Allow Force Lift to actually be useful. By this I mean Make force lift remove all dots from the target so when we put it on them it doesn't break instantly. Smart players in a 1 vs 1 situation will always use their CC Break on force stun knowing we have dots on them. Sever force should be a 3 second root. Force Slow (50% slow for 6 seconds) should be on par with Marauders Crippling Slash (50% slow for 12 seconds) And make weaken mind a 12 second dot instead of 15 seconds. Keeping same overall damage as Is.

Jenna'syyde

<Save Face Slash Stuck>