Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A counter to sniper?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A counter to sniper?

-Bob-
09.16.2018 , 03:37 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
But which phone? Samsung or Apple?
I use iphone now but next upgrade i might go with a note.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

ColorfulCaiques
09.18.2018 , 02:38 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
Or you can learn to not approach from directly in front since spotter doesn't work from the side or rear.
You can use evasion and roll immunity to shut down most of a snipers damage.
Use your superior mobility to force the sniper to move out of his shield, if he doesn't just heal to full .
Use your amazing passive healing from hots that synergies so well with your ability to 100% avoid damage, thus allowing you to spend a very minimal amount of gcds and resources to stay healthy unlike sorcs which have to actually spam heals.

Or you could just realize that you are literally the best 1vs1 class in the game and are literally a counter class to sniper in small engagements.

P.S. Sorc vs snipers is actually a decent math-up, sorc will win the 1vs1 if the sorc can los; in team fights sorcs are also decent vs snipers because sniper dcds (evasion/roll specifically) are designed to be strong vs burst and weak vs sustained damage.
THANK YOU! Not to mention that Ops should NEVER lose 1v1s. They are THE class for dueling.

I think the general consensus is that Mercs, Ops, and Sorcs are the best counters to Sniper.
Don't flatter yourself, EA/BW. I'm just here by the grace of a referral.

CyorReco
09.22.2018 , 10:00 AM | #33
Another sniper specifically I have the hardest time with engineering sniper, when i play my MM or virulence sniper. Skank tank as others have said. If you're smart about healing and kiting to move out sniper's los during your attack, then balance sage should beat snipers quite often. Scoundrel /operatives I used to have trouble with although now as I am more experienced they don't give me as many problems. I suggest OP rolls a sniper and becomes proficient as playing sniper, you'll soon figure out all their short comings.

If there's a sniper around use the terrain to get out of their Los you can avoid most of their abilities. If you're in melee range, attack the sniper from a direction where's there's a wall or object directly behind you to negate the sniper's push back or cover pulse. Use a reflect damage dcd when the sniper is activating aimed shot or channeling cull and penetrating blasts. Don't just walk directly towards a sniper especially when you have a slowed debuff, use your speed abilities to close the gap. Some snipers are dumb and stand straight up to cast without being in crouch especially if they just moved. Watch for this so you can use your force leap, trick move etc to close the gap or push them off pipes in huttball.
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/PSYvqd

Vektarulz
09.23.2018 , 04:49 PM | #34
There really isn't a current hard counter I'm afraid to tell you. I think if we threw the best juggernaut in the world against the best sniper the sniper gnna come out on top. Didn't used to be that way but they got way too much going for them right now.
Elite Warlord, Founder, ╦xile - Shadowlands
http://www.swtor.com/r/WHBvNr

Totemdancer
09.23.2018 , 11:08 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Vektarulz View Post
There really isn't a current hard counter I'm afraid to tell you. I think if we threw the best juggernaut in the world against the best sniper the sniper gnna come out on top. Didn't used to be that way but they got way too much going for them right now.
Fury Mara is a hard counter and will normally win.

Lalainnia
09.24.2018 , 12:46 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Fury Mara is a hard counter and will normally win.
If its a straight up 1v1 without any interference and both have all dcds a slinger will honestly win and its largely because of bag of tricks resting key abilities along with other various tricks like resetting dampeners every 6 secs etc. The slinger would legit need to mess up multiple times which is very possible most times ppl lose are because of minor poor choices or lucky crits when facing someone at the same skill level.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Totemdancer
09.24.2018 , 02:27 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
If its a straight up 1v1 without any interference and both have all dcds a slinger will honestly win and its largely because of bag of tricks resting key abilities along with other various tricks like resetting dampeners every 6 secs etc. The slinger would legit need to mess up multiple times which is very possible most times ppl lose are because of minor poor choices or lucky crits when facing someone at the same skill level.
Only if they have no LoS about. If they have an open 360ĺ field with no LoS, then I agree they should win. But not many maps are like that. Add any LoS to the area and snipers die more often than not when faced with a Fury Mara
Plus, no Mara with a brain will engage a sniper with no LoS.

Stellarcrusade
09.24.2018 , 04:21 PM | #38
I'm going to lol sooooo hard at the weak bad PvPers that are relying right now on the 5.x BS sniper, when 6.0 rolls out and snipers are like they were before. Maybe we'll feature a skill class in 6.0, one can only hope.