Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does our feedback work

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Suzsi
09.13.2017 , 12:23 AM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I agree. I suspect they're not allowed to talk about anything financial, as it might impact EA's stock price.
Yeah that's the difference between this game - and how SWG was when it got to this point. Sony was able to speak more freely about what resources where left on the game - so we were able to work with them for the 'best of what could be done' at the time and honestly, ended up with a pretty decent game by the end. It being closed (mind you, a couple of years after getting to this point - which was around NGE time) I suspect had a lot more to do with the Disney merger and the release of SWTOR then anything Sony actually *wanted* to happen ( which they didn't - was mentioned more then once on various posts by those who worked on at at the time). We got a long way though on the feedback from players - and communication from the devs who were left. There was some amazing devs there though - some who even worked in their own time on features players wanted that the 'budget' wouldn't allow for at the time.

JattaGin
09.13.2017 , 03:48 AM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I don't think there's anything like enough info in Charles; post to assume it would have been good, bad or indifferent.
There is enough info in Charles' post for me so that I can say that I would have loved it. And so I wrote it.

Part 1: 9 chapters

7 monthly chapters

Part 2: 9 chapters

7 monthly chapters

Part 3: 9 chapters

maybe 7 more monthly chapters to round up the storyline

I would have loved that scheme, because it would have given me A LOT more to play since Autumn 2015 than I got in reality. That's all I need to know.

Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Unfortunately this is what the complaining has given us. One can definitely see how impatience is bad, and patience is good. And most of the complaints about it being "tedious" were from those that would rather spacebar through the dialogue.
I agree.

That brings me back to December 2011. I had just reached Coruscant when the first people complained in general chat that there is nothing to do at level 50. I took my time when the game was new, explored all the planets, found the datacrons without guides, hunted for achievements without Dulfy's help and so on. I had fun with the game. It was a bit similar with KotFE's monthly chapters except for the Skytrooper issue.

Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
Wow, this thread is still going?
I necro'd it, because I think that the topic is important. Not the thread, but Charles' post that I quoted. Costello phrased it quite well:

Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
According to this, player companions should have come back quicker yet it seems all the issues that people have had with the pacing and what was happening has resulted in less content, less meaningful story or choices and less companions returning. As we would have had monthly story and companion quests and be looking to the final installment. Instead there has been almost no advancement of the story, minimal return of companions (I can only think of 2 and that was poorly done) and very very little added to keep people in game.

In all honesty it seems like everyone at BW knows the game is being left to die while any revenue it does generate is being moved into other game development. Not as this would have us believe responding to player feedback to bring back companions faster and allow for more meaningful dynamic content where choices really mattered.
What happened? Don't say GC, because the issues must have been there already before. Was GC a desperate move to give the game a completely different direction, hoping to attract a different kind of player-type?

How is it not even possible for BW to make a monthly chapter system to bring back companions? Or even Alliance recruitment missions? One Alliance recruitment mission per month. That's impossible to handle for them these days? What's the real status of the game?

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I would have loved to see the plan as it was originally intended to play out. Especially those side and companion stories; that's what many have asked for. IMHO they should have just kept going with monthly chapters. I mean, at this point, we'd all be falling over ourselves if they brought back story with that frequency.
I also thought that many people have asked for these companion return chapters and in general (gameplay issues aside) they were well received. So, what exactly made them change their plan already in Spring 2016? Long before GC. I really had the impression that the monthly chapters worked out. It was only after KotET came, that there was a massive drop of player numbers. That's at least my perception.

I would like to understand what really happened. The truth has not been revealed yet.
I'm just playing for fun.

olagatonjedi
09.13.2017 , 09:22 AM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
That is just wishful thinking up there in the clouds and isn't even close to reality. You should buy a parachute because you will need it soon or later.
As usual, a post from you with little/nothing to add to the conversation.

DarthSpuds
09.13.2017 , 12:10 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
There is enough info in Charles' post for me so that I can say that I would have loved it. And so I wrote it.

Part 1: 9 chapters

7 monthly chapters

Part 2: 9 chapters

7 monthly chapters

Part 3: 9 chapters

maybe 7 more monthly chapters to round up the storyline

I would have loved that scheme, because it would have given me A LOT more to play since Autumn 2015 than I got in reality. That's all I need to know.
So "quality" has no bearing on your enjoyment?

Wow, Bioware must love you.

IF, and it is a HUGE IF, the quality of the Story was was good as the typical class story I would have enjoyed that too.

If (and this is more likely) the quality matched the average KOTFE quality it would have been horrid.

Maybe 2 or 3 chapters of KOTFE/ET are of sufficient quality for a Star Wars game, then there's a hand full that come close (but don't quite make) that standard, but the majority are appalling.

Having more chapters/episodes to tell a very badly written story doesn't miraculously make the story better.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

All The Best
#removeRNG
Sub Expires: 25 Sept 2017
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

kodrac
09.13.2017 , 01:19 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Ahh, one element of the game means they "alwayd follow the sound of their own voices.". Lol, sure.

And obviously the old loot system wasnt working well either, or they wouldve likely kept it, since it was similar to all the other loot systems prior to 5.0.
Hi. You must be new here.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Decidion
09.13.2017 , 01:26 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
They came out with a new operation, and are expanding on it over time.
One new operation in 3 years? You think that is enough to keep end game, group oriented, PVE players interested? And even then, only a partial op.....9 months later we are still waiting for the third boss!

All this while other MMOs are pumping out 2-3 ops/raids a year?

I'm astounded you would even bring this up as justification, really.