Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does our feedback work

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JakRoanin
06.22.2017 , 09:59 AM | #191
It seems to me the main source of contention seems to be a clash of people who like in-depth stories, and people who like to how to put this... "Concentrate on the killing. Personally, since this is the first (and likely only MMO I will ever play, I am a story person. That said, is it really so hard to get along? Right now, they want to focus on people who want to concentrate on combat. It's good to take turns. However many thousands of people play this game nobody plays it like anyone else. Frankly, the very idea that the people in charge should even attempt to give everyone exactly what they want is ludicrous!

What I love about the game, the freedom to play as I choose to play! What I dislike: Well, the 'two players needed' to get certain datacrons is awful! The CXP being so slow, when you can get to MAX level before chapter 1 is done, is awful too. I'm still on my class stories, so I am new. Personally, I'd like to say how admirable the Staff has been considering the amount of vitriol tossed around on the I-Net so keep up the good work!

dscount
06.22.2017 , 10:04 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I participate in a fair amount of business, design, and leadership meetings and my role is to act as a litmus test for the players.
-eric
Wait... we've seen Musco play on stream. Can we change him out?
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Xo-Lara
06.22.2017 , 10:06 AM | #193
The problem is a desperation that was built up in the last two years. When people feel like they are being heard and their needs met, they will be less likely to instantly jump to do battle with opposing thoughts. Right now some people are caught in the "there can only be one" mentality and if they think that they are going to try their hardest to be the one.

Given time, most will likely calm down and the people who are just not mature enough to share will be obvious. Things will likely even out.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

mike_carton
06.22.2017 , 10:35 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Based on the comments on how to deliver feedback, I would love to make it easier for me to assemble my raid team and bring my friends into other types of content. As in, I have my groups of friends I like to play with, spread across several guilds and both factions, I would love some type of system that makes it easier for me to find them to invite them to play flashpoints, warzones and everything else with me without having to relog all different characters and scream in discord.
LFG tools are different from GF and can have additional helpful features for grouping with friends and looking for custom group compositions. They also allow you to list your requirements one time like on GTN (but with custom text) instead of spamming Chat channels. Additionally, you can be anywhere in the game doing anything while waiting for the group to form; no need to wait in a specific location like fleet. Guild Wars (from 2006) and Guild Wars 2 have such features.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Ottoattack
06.22.2017 , 10:39 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
LFG tools are different from GF and can have additional helpful features for grouping with friends and looking for custom group compositions. They also allow you to list your requirements one time like on GTN (but with custom text) instead of spamming Chat channels. Additionally, you can be anywhere in the game doing anything while waiting for the group to form; no need to wait in a specific location like fleet. Guild Wars (from 2006) and Guild Wars 2 have such features.
I have to say regardless of what people think of GW2 as a game, in terms of features and devs commitment, it is great. SWTOR devs could learn a thing or two from GW2.

Damask_Rose
06.22.2017 , 10:57 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
It seems to me the main source of contention seems to be a clash of people who like in-depth stories, and people who like to how to put this... "Concentrate on the killing. Personally, since this is the first (and likely only MMO I will ever play, I am a story person. That said, is it really so hard to get along? Right now, they want to focus on people who want to concentrate on combat. It's good to take turns. However many thousands of people play this game nobody plays it like anyone else. Frankly, the very idea that the people in charge should even attempt to give everyone exactly what they want is ludicrous!
Unfortunately, yes, I think it really is hard to get along. Think of developing SWtOR as being like feeding a pack of starving dogs. There is only enough kibble for one dog to get a full belly and the pack knows that. When they see that bowl of kibble coming they will fight to get what they can. The bigger, stronger dogs will get most of the food, but not enough to be satisfied, and the smaller, weaker dogs will be lucky to get any food at all. Now if there was enough kibble for all dogs to get a decent meal, then you could ask for them to sit pretty and wait their turn.

One thing I think is important when giving feedback is being clear and concise. I have seen a lot of people giving feedback using very vague terms. Like people saying they want PvE content when what they really mean is group content. Or saying group content when what they really mean is classic operations. KotET provided quite a bit of PvE group content at launch, but it wasn't the right PvE group content. If you ask for PvE content and they give you Uprisings and DvL world bosses, they are giving you what you said you wanted. Don't leave room for misinterpretations.
Still waiting for Quinn's "meaningful" reunion!

Icykill_
06.22.2017 , 11:13 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Based on the comments on how to deliver feedback, I would love to make it easier for me to assemble my raid team and bring my friends into other types of content. As in, I have my groups of friends I like to play with, spread across several guilds and both factions, I would love some type of system that makes it easier for me to find them to invite them to play flashpoints, warzones and everything else with me without having to relog all different characters and scream in discord.
Blizzard have this for their games (Warcraft/Overwatch). It's called player ID and you don't even need to be in the same game, in the game or on the same faction.
It's a great system to organise your friends and guilds to do activities when you are all spread out.
We Need Cross Faction PvP War Zones And Skill vs Skill PvP
What's Your Bolster LvL Preference
http://www.strawpoll.me/13644464/

chaharbagh
06.22.2017 , 11:20 AM | #198
I am still trying to get an answer as to the species that Grenkk and Sellexith belong to.
Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith. -Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

http://www.swtor.com/r/fCXTh4

casirabit
06.22.2017 , 11:23 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by chaharbagh View Post
I am still trying to get an answer as to the species that Grenkk and Sellexith belong to.
http://galacticantics.blogspot.com/2...-of-night.html
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

chaharbagh
06.22.2017 , 11:25 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Thanks for the link. I am just wishing that Keith, Eric, Charles, or any other dev will give us an official answer.
Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith. -Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

http://www.swtor.com/r/fCXTh4