Population Ratio (imp vs pub)

JonasMFarr

Does anyone know the current ration of Imperial to Republic on this server?

At least 60-40, potentially 65-35.

Pub side is basically dead, finding groups even for group finder operations is difficult most of the time.

thanks. thats what i was worried about. I have an Operative and a Scoundrel at about the same level.....was just trying to decide which to main. I like the idea of the Scoundrel better, but would rather an easier time getting into Operations.

I really wish they would use common sense and make a seperate group finder for all FP's past Shadow of Revan that pull from both factions.

There are only two classes on this game I really enjoy, the Juggernaut/Guardian and the Smuggler/Agent.

The Juggernaut is fine to play imp side, as he is Sith. If you are light side, the story allows for it and fits well.

The Agent, however, is kinda rough as a light side. The cinematics and story line do NOT take into account your actual fighting ability. They automatically assume any sith can just choke you, electrocute you, or force pull your blaster, and you are left to their mercy. There is some wiggle room in some missions, but for the most part, you are just a servant of evil sith, doing their bidding.

All in all I think I will maintain my Juggernaut on Imp side, and my Scoundrel on Pub side. Just hope I can find Ops Groups when I get to that point on Pub side.

Anyone know if it's still like this? I've just recently come back to the game, and would like to start playing Pub side again

pub side has some life but not as much as imp side so while it may take you 10 - 30 minutes to get a group together on the imp side, it'll take you an hour or so on the imp side as far as GF goes.

PvP is about the same with longer queue times I believe than imp side.

• 2 weeks later...
where are people getting the population numbers.....i am not doing OPS yet, but just queing for FPs and HMs it seems the times are the same.....also, when i go to fleet, it appears about equal number of people in each faction fleet.....has there been a big increase in republic population?

I think its a pretty safe bet most people play both sides and it just sort of swings back and forth, I know that's what I do. But for PvP its definitely imp heavy, most of your matches will be imp vs imp with some rag-tag pub teams here and there. Rank is literally imp vs imp for the most part and most of your brutal pvpers are imp side.