Hitake Legacy

MacCleoud

I have been playing these characters in SWTOR for some time now. This is about a character that I played in SWG as well. I hope you enjoy some of the story that I have come up with. This story start 8BTC. This chapter of the story ends 8ATC. I have intertwined a lot of what my main character has done with the timeline of SWTOR, but tried to make sure that while he may be involved in some of the events, he is not a major character in any of them. Again, I hope you enjoy this as much as I have playing it.

---Session 1 The Darkest Day

There are legends of non-Force Sensitives being able to fight hand to hand against both Jedi and Sith. Not only were these warriors able to stand toe-to-toe with Force Sensitives, they were also able to defeat them.

In the Outer Rim sat a small and relatively unknown system called Bunduki. The Follower’s of Palawa had settled in remote parts of the planets. With them, they brought rumors and “prophecies” of the planet’s of destruction by men that were from the core worlds. Men that were not only superior in skill, but also superior in mind. The Follower’s of Palawa along with many native inhabitants of Bunduki began developing a new style of fighting to combat these men. That fighting style was to become known as Teras Kasi. Out of that fighting style came a weapon style that harnessed the techigues of Teras Kasi and meshed them with philosophical teachings of the Chatos Academy. This style was known as Kaze no Kage.

One of the foundering teachers of Kaze no Kage was Katsumoto Hitake. He had taught hundreds of students in his time. As he grew older, three students were brought to him. Kahkashi, Kahzuo, and Kahsage. All three were force sensitive, and all three were Dathmorian Zabrak. Never before had he taught a force sensitive child the arts of Kaze no Kage. It was dangerous, and seen as the potential to fulfill the “prophecies” of the Palawa. However, Katsumoto decided to teach the children. When they came to him, they were only three years old. Yet already, they were doing things together that could only be a result of their force sensitivity. Kahkashi was the largest of the three, and was already trying to protect the other two. Kahsagi was the quietest of the three, and would us his mind more than his physical stature. Kahzuo was the fastest of the three and would pick on the other children while Kahkashi kept their attention. This went on for a couple of years as Katsumoto taught them the basics of Teras Kasi.

When the trio turned six, Katsumoto made a decision to teach only these three children. He saw an opportunity with the children not as a fulfillment of the prophecy, but as a counter to the prophecy. If these children were to master Kaze no Kage, they could be the protection Bunduki needed in a time of crisis. Night and day, day and night, the trio worked together developing their martial arts skills. Katsumoto was the master, and they were the students. Katsumoto was the parent, and they were the children. Katsumoto was, and as long as he was, they were. For the next 10 years they trained not only their martial skills, but all so their minds. They learned to respect life, all life. To honor life was the primary goal of Kaze no Kage. Death to anyone was always a last resort.

Their strength in the force grew, but it grew from necessity, not from "proper training" in the ways of the either Jedi or Sith. They continued to learn about the Force through their reading from materials that had been salvaged from the ruins of the Chatos Academy. Their physical ability surpassed all those in the village, even that of their Master. Yet, Katsumoto was still their master, their father, their reason.

Then, when they were 16 years old, a stranger came to their house on Bunduki. He was a polite man, a reverent man, and a man they sensed was very different than them. He had an air about him that was intoxicating. His confidence permeated the room. He was not arrogant, no it was something different. He came to seek the children of his vision. Katsumoto was very wary of the stranger, and kept him from the children for three days while trying to decipher what it was that the man wanted. Yet through all of his questioning, he could never pinpoint the man's desire. After three days, the man grew tired of the waiting, and summoned the children on his own, through the force.

The boys came in, Kahkashi first, then Zuo, then Sagi. They did not know who was calling to them in their minds, but they had discussed it before entering the room. The stranger stood, did not say a word, and looked over each boy one by one. "Alone, I bet you are a fierce opponent," pausing slightly as he seemed to taste the air around them, "Together, you are,” he pauses “almost unstoppable. I would imagine." Turning only his head to Katsumoto, "These boys need proper training in the force. You have done all you can to teach them. Let me have them and I will make them invincible"

Katsumoto looked shocked at the sudden turn of events. Katsumoto knew now why the man was here. He was here to take the boys and turn them into killing machines. He stood quickly and flipped over the man to land between him and the boys. "You will not take them. Their training will continue with me and no one....." Katsumoto's voice trailed off slowly as he reached for his stomach.

The stranger's face was now twisted with hatred, skin pale, eyes glowing red. Kahkashi stepped between the stranger and his brothers and engaged the stranger quickly. His anger fueling his attacks, he swung wildly and with little chance to hit his opponent. "GOOD!!!! Let me see your anger. Lash out! Try to kill me. I killed your master.!" Zuo and Sagi had quickly moved out of the front door. Sagi used a trick he had learned as a child to pull Kahkashi to him.

"Kahkashi, let your mind leave. If we are going to get to Master, we have to defeat this man. We can't do that if we are mad and scared. We need you." Sagi looked at Kahkashi and then to Zuo. "We have to work quickly so we can help Master."

The man stepped outside with a wry grin on his face. "Do you three really think you can defeat me? I am your new master. You WILL bow before me, or you, will, die."

Kahkashi took a deep breath and in the blink of an eye he was on top of the stranger. His weapon drawn and spinning from attack point to attack point. The stranger was blocking everything Kahkashi had. Zuo leaped into the fray as well. The attacks of both boys were well coordinated, but also well scripted. "You are good, but you lack imagination. The two of you will never touch me with your simple maneuvers." Laughing the stranger let out a burst of energy and knocked them both backwards. Sliding to a stop, Zuo leapt back in first, Kahkashi close behind. The stranger looked at Sagi "are you too afraid to engage? Your friends will soon be dead." Again, the stranger pushed Kahkashi and Zuo back with a burst of energy. Sliding to a stop once again, Kahkashi and Zuo were flanking the man, and Sagi was standing in front of him. Sagi started to make some small hand movements and widening his stance. The air started to spin around the stranger and his feet started to lift off the ground. He struggled to keep his balance, only his toes were still on the ground. The instant his toes came off the ground, Zuo and Kahkashi vanished from sight only to reappear with their blades deeply inserted into the torso of the stranger. They both planted their feet firmly and held their weapons tight. Kahsagi slammed his hand into the ground and the man's body was decimated as it began to spin in the ball of wind that had appeared around him.

After ensuring the man was truly dead, the trio ran into their house to aid their master. He was still alive, but barely. "My students" he breathed heavily, "no, my children. The stranger is right, you," Katsumoto struggled to get enough air to continue, "must learn about the power you have. Go to the Core Worlds, learn from the Jedi. Most are good people."

Kahkashi shakes his head "No! They are the ones that will destroy us. That is what the prophecy says."

"If you do not go, they will come here, and the prophecy will be fulfilled. If you fight beside them, and learn from them, then you can prevent that from happening." Katsumoto smiles. "You three came to me as babies, and you leave me as young men. Find a master to teach you, and never forget you are to protect the innocent, right the wrong, and defend those that can't defend themsel....."

And so began the journey to find a new home, a new family, and a new master to carry on the Hitake Legacy.