Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Fallen Empire storyline is dumb.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Fallen Empire storyline is dumb.

Teriaon's Avatar


Teriaon
06.13.2016 , 11:59 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by josephxp View Post
If you don't like it, don't play frankly many of use enjoy it.

They have said Season 2 of KotFE is coming with 10+ more chapters, many games like Mass Effect (Made by Bioware, which remember is bringing its storytelling back). have many consequences not know early on in the game.

Like many games the first chunk of the story is very similar where its calculating your choices like a personality test, we got a glimpse of what will happen if you piss Koth off to much, Kalyio may kill your favorite companion later on if you didn't give her the boot or blaster bolt.

By the end of chapter 16, we are getting more chapters after which will, like many bioware games, tie everything up where you may loose half of your companions or more (Marr and Sateel said you would) but those first decisions you were making are important because it will determined how season 2 will be played out.
Oh yes the consequences in mass effect, like how all the different forces you pick up in 3 matters in the end fight.... oh no wait they dont. Well at least all our actions during the three games gave very different endings.... oh no wait,, al it changed was a color. Well at least mass effect isent the only example right, I mean there is dragon age inquisition where you build up your forces for the final battle, somewhat like what you are doing here actually, and in that game.... no wait it didnt matter in that game either.

Just face it, Bio wants you to think that your choices matter, but they cant afford to make widly different endings to a story depending on any number of choices you make, therefore all your choices becomes meaningless as anything other then your own headcanon and your experience of making the choice. We have seen this time and time again, the past evidence is overwhelming.

josephxp's Avatar


josephxp
06.13.2016 , 02:01 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Teriaon View Post
Oh yes the consequences in mass effect, like how all the different forces you pick up in 3 matters in the end fight.... oh no wait they dont. Well at least all our actions during the three games gave very different endings.... oh no wait,, al it changed was a color. Well at least mass effect isent the only example right, I mean there is dragon age inquisition where you build up your forces for the final battle, somewhat like what you are doing here actually, and in that game.... no wait it didnt matter in that game either.

Just face it, Bio wants you to think that your choices matter, but they cant afford to make widly different endings to a story depending on any number of choices you make, therefore all your choices becomes meaningless as anything other then your own headcanon and your experience of making the choice. We have seen this time and time again, the past evidence is overwhelming.
Then don't play the game if you hate it so much XD

Mass Effect 3 wasn't the best but 1 and 2 were good. I didn't call out 3 i generalize them. Though we may get 3 endings in the end of KotFE either we reign supreme as its sole leader, help the republic/empire rebuild, or destroy the entire empire its unknown. But its not the end point from A to Z that matters its the journey. Half of your companions will probably die in the second season of KotFE because of previous decisions you made. Lana might die, you might get to kill koth after deserting, or if he didn't leave you kill him then. You might become so overwhelmed with Valcorions power that a few of your companions die because of a shockwave because you misused his power. You can't solely judge an expansion pack like this from the beginning because we are blind to the future and we don't know what will happen and the options that gives the notion Dammed if you do; Damned if you don't because you lost a companion earlier in the expansion (like Koth). For example we might see Koth if he left you, get captured and reveal your base on Odessan, though this might happen if Koth didn't leave you and it was a minor spacer, Koth could give more damaging information of the layout causing greater casualties.

Overall you can't judge an expansion pack without all of the details settled, im sure in season 2 your attitude will change on the expansion pack because WE ARE ALL blind to future events. Yes there is a chance the end result will be sub par, but as of right now the story we have now, which is not half over where we get 10+ more chapters in season 2, is going very well. You can't judge a movie when you only watched only half of it? There can always be a twist that no one sees coming making a movie, which your half way though seem dull but in the end its a 4 star movie.

Patience will prevail, and those who save judgment will have their just rewards upon completion.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

Teriaon's Avatar


Teriaon
06.13.2016 , 02:22 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by josephxp View Post
Then don't play the game if you hate it so much XD

Mass Effect 3 wasn't the best but 1 and 2 were good. I didn't call out 3 i generalize them. Though we may get 3 endings in the end of KotFE either we reign supreme as its sole leader, help the republic/empire rebuild, or destroy the entire empire its unknown. But its not the end point from A to Z that matters its the journey. Half of your companions will probably die in the second season of KotFE because of previous decisions you made. Lana might die, you might get to kill koth after deserting, or if he didn't leave you kill him then. You might become so overwhelmed with Valcorions power that a few of your companions die because of a shockwave because you misused his power. You can't solely judge an expansion pack like this from the beginning because we are blind to the future and we don't know what will happen and the options that gives the notion Dammed if you do; Damned if you don't because you lost a companion earlier in the expansion (like Koth). For example we might see Koth if he left you, get captured and reveal your base on Odessan, though this might happen if Koth didn't leave you and it was a minor spacer, Koth could give more damaging information of the layout causing greater casualties.

Overall you can't judge an expansion pack without all of the details settled, im sure in season 2 your attitude will change on the expansion pack because WE ARE ALL blind to future events. Yes there is a chance the end result will be sub par, but as of right now the story we have now, which is not half over where we get 10+ more chapters in season 2, is going very well. You can't judge a movie when you only watched only half of it? There can always be a twist that no one sees coming making a movie, which your half way though seem dull but in the end its a 4 star movie.

Patience will prevail, and those who save judgment will have their just rewards upon completion.
Alright first of all, finding faults with something dosent mean you hate the whole of it, I can point out flaws in the story and still want to see how it turns out. Secondly I highly doubt that we will see any endings like being the leader of the univers, because they will most likly want to make more expansions after this one, which would be close to imposible if people are on widly different places in the story, that is people of the same class.

And I would say that a game with severel eppisodes or chapters is more like a tc show then a movie, which you most definetly can and should judge based on what you have seen, otherwise you have no idea when you will be able to critique it.

Also if we dont speak our minds now, any changes to the story that could happen based on feedback wont get a chance, so this take it as it is or leave it attitude is silly, especially on a forum wich is designed for people to voice their opinions.

josephxp's Avatar


josephxp
06.13.2016 , 03:20 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Teriaon View Post
Alright first of all, finding faults with something dosent mean you hate the whole of it, I can point out flaws in the story and still want to see how it turns out. Secondly I highly doubt that we will see any endings like being the leader of the univers, because they will most likly want to make more expansions after this one, which would be close to imposible if people are on widly different places in the story, that is people of the same class.

And I would say that a game with severel eppisodes or chapters is more like a tc show then a movie, which you most definetly can and should judge based on what you have seen, otherwise you have no idea when you will be able to critique it.

Also if we dont speak our minds now, any changes to the story that could happen based on feedback wont get a chance, so this take it as it is or leave it attitude is silly, especially on a forum wich is designed for people to voice their opinions.
Don't know if you know this but rarely does anything get red by the devs and they already have all of the chapters through 16 completed and are half way through the second season. Revising would be a waste of money and they are mostly concerned with making money from the CM more then anything else. So any changes are likely nill aside from how combat is being done in the chapters they are programming and graphic design.

And when i pointed out 3 ending possibilities, 3 different endings is probable to make future expansion packs based off of those 3 different endings. This is because if 3 finite endings are made (remember the journey counts its not just going from point A to Z) they can be picked up with a future expansion pack starting with those, though the story may combined it to a generalized place after a bit to stay on a continue path if they want a singular ending, the beginnings will be different.

Overall you just got to wait for the finished product to come out. Patience and play on, or leave the choice is yours.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

Teriaon's Avatar


Teriaon
06.13.2016 , 03:47 PM | #45
And you are still missing the fact that the point of a forum is for people to share their opinions, I happen to have this opinion, besides they wont make three different endings, they will make one ending so that they can take it up from that, I dont know where you have the idea that the story isent going from A-Z as you say, but likly it was from a bio pr guy, this stuff is said by every single company that makes a game that has choices in, and it is almost never true. It was said by Bio regarding their other games, like the ME series or DA and it wasent true there, why should this game be different?

Since we are throwing out statments like you have to wait and see or leave, might I add that you are entierly too positive about something that most likly wont happen.

josephxp's Avatar


josephxp
06.13.2016 , 04:11 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Teriaon View Post
And you are still missing the fact that the point of a forum is for people to share their opinions, I happen to have this opinion, besides they wont make three different endings, they will make one ending so that they can take it up from that, I dont know where you have the idea that the story isent going from A-Z as you say, but likly it was from a bio pr guy, this stuff is said by every single company that makes a game that has choices in, and it is almost never true. It was said by Bio regarding their other games, like the ME series or DA and it wasent true there, why should this game be different?

Since we are throwing out statments like you have to wait and see or leave, might I add that you are entierly too positive about something that most likly wont happen.
Yes, i know you have an opinion and I am showing how it is wrong. I am throwing out statements like leave if you don't like it because if you truly want things to change, change will happen if enough people cancel their subscriptions for a few said reasons. Though that's only a small portion of people where most of us are content and/or enjoying this new expansion pack and its story. If you are not enjoying it then why play it when 80%+ of the community enjoys it, if a small percentage doesn't like it, it is highly unlikely anything will change.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

Teriaon's Avatar


Teriaon
06.13.2016 , 04:46 PM | #47
You are a bit out of touch arent you mate, first of all, how are you showing me that my opinion is wrong? you havent provided any evidence to support your claims other then your own opinions that you think it will turn out great, which is fine, you are more then welcome to those, but that dosent make them any more or less valid then my opinions.

I however have provided evidence to support my views in the form of the past behavior from the devs at bio, so if we have to get into a situation where only one opinion is valid, which we shouldent, then I have proven my point, you havet.

As for leaving, have you conciderd that because I dislike the story as it is right now, dosent mean I dislike the whole game, or that I want to leave instead of hoping that it gets better.

ChaosIsGolden's Avatar


ChaosIsGolden
06.14.2016 , 11:15 AM | #48
Can't say I love it or hate it, since I'm enjoying the story, but I'm only playing it on two characters. The rest of my toons I leveled through fps or pvp. Truly my favorite expansion was Rise of the Rakghouls 1.1.0 and that wasn't even counted as an expansion, here's more info http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.0/rise-rakghouls

We got some of the most challenging Fps in SWTOR.
The rakghoul event during that time was a lot of fun.
A challenging but interesting operation that really introduced us to the Dread Masters.
A fun new PVP map.
Some new armor that had a unique look for each class.
Throughout the new operation and fps an entertaining story arc.

I like that Bioware has truly made it possible for single players to excel, but I dislike the lack of content, and I get that their trying. New pvp map, class balances are finally being addressed, level syncing the old operations, people are being allowed to move to bigger servers, so slowly but surely they are trying to improve the game.

But this expansion was supposed to be about the story, and while its interesting, entertaining even, I will never play it on more then a few toons, because there's not enough differences. Which I feel was a wasted opportunity, I would have loved to have seen more lines sprinkled throughout KOTFE unique to your character, something like that would have made it more desirable to play on more then a few characters.

PlagaNerezza's Avatar


PlagaNerezza
06.17.2016 , 01:21 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Teriaon View Post
Oh yes the consequences in mass effect, like how all the different forces you pick up in 3 matters in the end fight.... oh no wait they dont. Well at least all our actions during the three games gave very different endings.... oh no wait,, al it changed was a color. Well at least mass effect isent the only example right, I mean there is dragon age inquisition where you build up your forces for the final battle, somewhat like what you are doing here actually, and in that game.... no wait it didnt matter in that game either.

Just face it, Bio wants you to think that your choices matter, but they cant afford to make widly different endings to a story depending on any number of choices you make, therefore all your choices becomes meaningless as anything other then your own headcanon and your experience of making the choice. We have seen this time and time again, the past evidence is overwhelming.
Don't try. The excuses or the just quit are all you'll get out of the bioware protector class. I've played Star Wars games, read star wars books. Heard it all. This KoTFE story is the lamest story.

The destruction of the Jedi Order is a major/major type of event. This story casually has this happen. The conquest of the entire galaxy is a casual event. Didn't you know? The entire galaxy was conquered by this guy named Arcaan in under 1 year?

No I never heard that before. Wow! Who knew this happened. It's one thing to annoy me with the Bioware love of Revan. I mean that is cool, but this entire force user class story? Its terrible. It's got problems all over the place. Why Valkorian is somehow different than Vitate and his knights? His force usage. This whole story blows goats.

Typical EA/Bioware storytelling. The Jedi and Sith go EMO. Whine about emotions. Satele Shan is assaulted as a character. This assassination was like ok, she tells you to use the darkside. Good god people. Demand more of the writers. Call them out. Make fun of it.

Its some seriously stupid stuff. I expect better or don't do it. What the sith vs. jedi thing wasn't compelling enough for your writers? They needed this nonsensical path? Its freaking terrible. Makes little sense and stinks like a 3-day old diaper. They should be ashamed of it and should try and fix it before it becomes one of those gaming jokes you tell people about.
Judust Jax
7 days of free subscription! A free server transfer! + More Goodies!
New & Returning Players. Give a Click and Get a Click!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zTCMYK!

josephxp's Avatar


josephxp
06.17.2016 , 01:40 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
Don't try. The excuses or the just quit are all you'll get out of the bioware protector class. I've played Star Wars games, read star wars books. Heard it all. This KoTFE story is the lamest story.

The destruction of the Jedi Order is a major/major type of event. This story casually has this happen. The conquest of the entire galaxy is a casual event. Didn't you know? The entire galaxy was conquered by this guy named Arcaan in under 1 year?

No I never heard that before. Wow! Who knew this happened. It's one thing to annoy me with the Bioware love of Revan. I mean that is cool, but this entire force user class story? Its terrible. It's got problems all over the place. Why Valkorian is somehow different than Vitate and his knights? His force usage. This whole story blows goats.

Typical EA/Bioware storytelling. The Jedi and Sith go EMO. Whine about emotions. Satele Shan is assaulted as a character. This assassination was like ok, she tells you to use the darkside. Good god people. Demand more of the writers. Call them out. Make fun of it.

Its some seriously stupid stuff. I expect better or don't do it. What the sith vs. jedi thing wasn't compelling enough for your writers? They needed this nonsensical path? Its freaking terrible. Makes little sense and stinks like a 3-day old diaper. They should be ashamed of it and should try and fix it before it becomes one of those gaming jokes you tell people about.
The Expanded universe is ever expanding further back in time...

And your lack of intelligence is deeply disturbing...

And you were out for 5 years as an ice block. The Jedi order isn't destroyed it was crippled same as the sith. Advanced technology will always prove and issue throughout the Star Wars universe like the Yuuzhan Vong's bioweapons making a crippling war.

Valkoryion even says to you that his eyes were opened and now has had a realization after Ziost so instead of being his Homicidal world devouring Vitiate self hes changed (or at least he says) and appreciate the stars, had a love interest. Which he says in chapter 2 were you not listening?

The Knights have different training like many other force sensitive groups and cults so that's why they are different.

The story is quite interesting and its not even half over yet we have season 2 coming up with 10+ more chapters which will rap up the expansion pack. If you have read the books as you have said before, you know that time and time again the jedi and sith wax and wane loosing great numbers and returning back to the galactic conflict. History repeats itself so its logical that it would do the same in the Star Wars Universe. You can't judge the entire expansion pack when its not even half over there a lot more content coming out and your judging it as its half complete? It's different from other expansion packs because its not fully released yet and their is more content that we will get, as it continues more choices and consequences from your earlier decisions you didn't realize would affect the outcome.

The conquest is played as casual because you were not their you were frozen, more codex entries come out explaining what has happened and more will continue to come out. Part of the story is finding out what has happened in the 5 years you were a wall decoration. Like where your companions went, if your love interest still loves you or married someone else, did they die from a decision you made early on. There are so many variables at play and more keep coming, soon their will be a ton of companions deaths/leaving because of your decisions.

I've said this before, if you absolutely hate the expansion pack then don't play the game, the expansions stories are done and now their implementing the graphics and combat so nothings going to change. Suck it up or leave or wait for the entire story to come out as finished before you rip it to shreds, who knows in 3 months from now after chapter 16 and the bonus chapter season 2 chapter 0 (HK-55 Bonus chapter) your opinion may greatly change and you may enjoy the expansion pack.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners