6.1.4 Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

And by the way, why do you make these threads when you ignore most of our feedback.

To make us rage before the update comes out. Not many people stay this angry forever. So they're basically ticking people off and giving them time to cool down.

Don't make the mistake they are doing anything for us. They need us for the money but they have their own reasons and motives and these are not ours.

They'll make some small adjustments just to throw us a bone if needed but by the time it goes live, most people will have been appeased or given up on their anger.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make us rage before the update comes out. Not many people stay this angry forever. So they're basically ticking people off and giving them time to cool down.

Don't make the mistake they are doing anything for us. They need us for the money but they have their own reasons and motives and these are not ours.

They'll make some small adjustments just to throw us a bone if needed but by the time it goes live, most people will have been appeased or given up on their anger.

That might work some of the time but after a while that can backfire in their faces. Me for example I haven't been playing SWTOR for 3-4 months now and this latest stunt with the conquest has me considering whether to keep my sub or not. The only reason I have a sub here now is because of my guild but with the latest stunt I am not sure any of them are going to stick around and they normally look to me to give them reasons to stay. Lately that has been less and less and actually been encouraging them to try wow.

I'm glad you are making adjustments relative to the content, and are rewarding higher challenging things or longer things, and then taking some points off of the things like taxi or stuff like that. I'm VERY GLAD you didn't listen to the complainers of the conquest overhaul you guys recently did, and just nerf everything across the board like they wanted. Thanks for taking the time to actually observe REALISTIC changes, and not just listen to certain people on this forum that have been wanting you to nerf everything

With that being said. PLEASE PLEASE do not nerf anymore. I've seen the points and this is ok. But you can never nerf more after this patch, or it will really piss people off more..... That last overhaul was glorious and you guys have to realize what you have instead of always nerfing stuff. You can't nerf and nerf. that steam boost was great, but it's already fading. I hope this conquest change doesn't push some people over the edge.

I'm cautiously optimistic. but have some doubts

That might work some of the time but after a while that can backfire in their faces. Me for example I haven't been playing SWTOR for 3-4 months now and this latest stunt with the conquest has me considering whether to keep my sub or not. The only reason I have a sub here now is because of my guild but with the latest stunt I am not sure any of them are going to stick around and they normally look to me to give them reasons to stay. Lately that has been less and less and actually been encouraging them to try wow.

Yeah but you win some and you lose some. Individual people might quit and might come back after a while. As long as most people stay, they don't care about individual cases. They really don't. And don't make the mistake of thinking you and your guild are representative for the entire player base. It's not a big enough sample and people often feel that just because they are right (and they may very well be right) that everybody else or most people feel the same way.

Most people will adapt and move on. In the end that's all that matters.

it's like bioware routinely continues to crap on fun sometimes. I swear to god. It's like...they introduce something awesome to the game, make big changes and finally have it TOTTALLY freaking awesome, fun and relaxing to play. not something you have to stress out over to get the points in. then we have a couple months of that "finally! we have the feeling!" only for them to go "ah...yeeahh...uumm we are looking at this and going to actually make quite a few changes to this. although it is VERY FUN....it's not fitting in to what our vision was for ____ " and then people are like "............ok? why would you ruin something that was totally awesome where people overall loved it?"

:( i hope it doesn't turn out to be that. because conquest FINALLY FELT like something that was in game, not just some side venture that felt like a chore.

Nerfs are not good right before a WoW xpac. Alot of these ppl were just taking a break from it I am about as casual as it gets with a job, small farm, big yard, 4 month old baby, It was my chill release for my 1 hour a night i get to myself. do the small Conquest points on the fleet, go do CZ-198, kill a few things here and there, I doubt ill reach cap at the end of the week. I Most likely will unsub.

I feel gaming companies have lost control of the casual crowd. this whole "pro" nonsense really ruined the gaming scene. like all of these games now just gear everything towards the hardcore crowd, the people who play 4 - 8 hours EVERY day and have all the time in the world to play. they dont give a **** about the casuals or moderates anymore that have lives. it's everything or nothing

Every time I'm starting to feel good about the state of the game, the freaking whiners convince EA that it's time to trash it again. YES, I'm feeling salty right now, and I'm blaming a small crowd for crapping up life for the rest of us.

this always happens. they listen to the very vocal minority that probably emails them, and makes it their MISSION on the game's forums to make changes. it's happened with wow, aion, tera, rift.... it's happened with league of legends. it happens with heroes of the storm. it happened with overwatch, with destiny 2. basically, the gaming scene has now become whoever screams and rants the LOUDEST, wins.

these people make it their purpose to ruin games and change devs' views. they make it their solid purpose to make the game IN THEIR IMAGE, and they will not rest until it's done. they are everywhere. ruiners are everywhere. they get off on it. it's a game to them. they think they are gods

Bioware, seriously, you will NEVER learn!

I feared that this would come. As always, when something was working alright and for everyone, you would mess around with it and destroy the fun.

NERFING is never the answer. I agree that there was some imbalance, but the solution is NOT to nerf the easier conquest objectives, but to UP the more difficult ones. Leave the easier ones alone. They don't hurt nobody! What's the problem if you get once per day some 4.000 points for selling trash? Who's game experience is negatively effected by this? Everyone can get those points. There is zero need to nerf it. There is no way of exploiting this.

With your new system, casual players and players with a lot of alts are screwed - again. I run between 10 and 16 chars through conquest since your latest big conquest update. It takes me enough time. I have a plan that I follow, otherwise I wouldn't have enough time to get it done. With your nerf, my plan won't be remotely doable anymore. I won't make a new plan.

Conquest had become the endgame of Swtor.

With this nerf - and I'm absolutely convinced that the things you are NOT telling in the OP make it even worse - you break it for many players.

You can try as much as you want: The people who are not into PvP and difficult group content like Mr. Kanneg's beloved NiM OPs will not do them, not even if you give them 100k for it. You learned this leasson in 2012/13, but you keep on trying and trying like Sysiphous wondering why it's not working.

When conquest becomes a chore agin, you ruined the only remaining fun game for many players, mainly casuals. I have literally done nothing else than focus on conquest since your big conquest update. Your upcoming changes will destroy the fun I have with it right now. What is there left to do for me, if conquest becomes a chore again and you try to force me to play content I don't like? Do you still not understand where your money comes from? Who funds this game the most? It's not the OPs community, not the PvP community. I can't believe you still make the same mistakes over and over again.

Play your way. For once you actually followed through with it.

And now you take it away again. So typical.

TL;DR: Don't nerf points. Up the too low points!

they wont listen to the rest of us. I am convinced that gaming has now become about devs listening to the whiners, screamers and negative ranters of the forums and all. they probably send the devs emails too lol. they make it their purpose to ruin things. they are ruiners.

6.1.4 will be the point where "play your way" turns into "play our way, peasant...or leave :mad:"

MORE INVASION TARGETS REQUIRED!!! If you hope to bring more players and guilds into conquesting perhaps more than 3 Invasion targets. Coal Mines and Mill Guilds tend to take the 3 worlds without effort. Bring this system UP TO SPEED!! 6 Targets Even 8 Targets would bring life into this part of the game for MANY guilds and gamers. Not many want to join the mill guilds to earn there titles on this part of the game and would like to win some 1st places there. There is NO REASON the system can't take more than 3 targets a week.. there is a conquest out there that has over 10 invasion targets. Please Update this INVASION TARGET part of the system to have more planets we can take past the Mills and Coal Mines! Been asking for this since 3.0 PLEASE show some love on the INVASION TARGETS aspect!!!

i never understood that....why mostly every single week, in a galaxy of now...25 or so planets to play on, we only get to choose from 3 , except "all out war". that list of planets should be like that EVERY WEEK. why is it only 3 ?! LOL. and it's like..the same ones. THAT needs to change

I just hope they kinda look at the forest for the trees when it comes to what gets buffed, what gets nerfed.

Example: "Starfighter: <Ship> Eternal is now worth 2,200 points (up from 600)." As it stands, this objective is available maybe TWO TIMES A YEAR. It is utterly irrelevant how much or little they buff or nerf it. Objectives that truly matter are ones there each week.

In general, I hope they focus on putting more balance between different PLAYSTYLES, instead of just combing and rebalancing repeatables already in game. As it stands, everything that requires other people to even happen is vastly inferior conquest compared to stuff you can just solo. Stuff should at least be in same ballpark.

dont act all logical now, and make it look like you were FOR a balanced solution and play your little game.. you were part of the crowd that was complaining to and pushing bioware to do something like this. and even in your back and forth in the conquest changes threads months ago, you said "I WILL NOT REST until they make changes".

People like you ruin games. you ruiner.

Could we possibly dial back the hyperbole, just a tad, and put the pitchforks and torches back in the shed for a bit; at least until more information comes out? The dev post is not a conclusive list of all changes and we do not, as yet, know all that is being changed.

Or, continue arguing over the unknown. Because that is always fun and stress relieving.

nop. not dialing it back. as if anything over the past year as showed me, pitchforks and torches while taking action, force people to do things....while sitting back and talking does nothing. sitting back and waiting allows for the complainers and whiners and ranters and ruiners to make their way in to ruin everything. then the rest of us are screwed. the time for sitting back and waiting is over. i dont know why bioware always does this. that's game devs these days....they cater and break to the whiners and complainers. im usually a HUGE supporter of bioware and this game. this rubs me the wrong way

They're doing it to bring the people back that have already left to the next game, because they came, they saw, they conquered. Sadly, we, who are still playing, are the ones who will pay the price. They have let their subs go until the next big update, and bioware wants them back so bad they'll cater to them.. while we get shafted for not leaving in the first place!

Except I just might. Last time, I was gone for 2 years. Dunno about this time.

They're doing it to bring the people back that have already left to the next game, because they came, they saw, they conquered. Sadly, we, who are still playing, are the ones who will pay the price. They have let their subs go until the next big update, and bioware wants them back so bad they'll cater to them.. while we get shafted for not leaving in the first place!

Except I just might. Last time, I was gone for 2 years. Dunno about this time.

I doubt any of the new changes will bring people back. They'll be coming back with less money and gear, and have to grind even more just to catch up. I've no idea who quality tests their ideas, but they need to be fired and hire someone with a brain :/

Edited by DarkTergon

I doubt any of the new changes will bring people back. They'll be coming back with less money and gear, and have to grind even more just to catch up. I've no idea who quality tests their ideas, but they need to be fired and hire someone with a brain :/

They must have a rather large bet amongst the development team to see who can run off more recurring revenue, because the changes they make are hard to understand otherwise.

Another point, these nerfs started when a certain person started his one man campaign against CQ, and at that time, i (and others) pointed out the one nerf would lead to another, etc. |Which is pretty much what we've got here. 6.0 put most people in a good place with CQ. Then they brought in the first nerf, and it was pointed out, that this was going to be a downhill ride. We had people mocking us over it, but here it is. Edited by DarkTergon

They must have a rather large bet amongst the development team to see who can run off more recurring revenue, because the changes they make are hard to understand otherwise.

I did mention a pool a while back ;) they are really out doing themselves to win ...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Sometimes I think they are just trying to see who can kill the game first.

I think some of them are allergic to money.

That or they havent figured out that when you break out a screwdriver to fix something, YOU DONT NEED A HAMMER TO SMASH SOMETHING ELSE.

I came back at the beginning of covid lockdown after few years hiatus. Thanks to 6.0 update I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the new conquest design. I enjoyed how I could geared all my alts, play how I wanted and any content I enjoyed. I liked how I was not forced to repeat one part of content only to be able to finish conquest requirements for all my alts. I enjoyed I could play my limited time without being afraid I will miss anything. I am an adult person with a limited free time which I dont want and cant spend in game only. This all made me satisfied gamer who payed subscription and subscribed for several months (even if it was not my intention when I came back to game). I was a perfec example how good design decisions made a random curious gamer a satisfied and paying gamer.

And now with these changes and nerfs I have no intentions to be forced to stay in game far longer time than usually to grind stuff I dont enjoy to finish conquest for my chars.

I will leave and stop paying.

Is it what you want?

Another point, these nerfs started when a certain person started his one man campaign against CQ, and at that time, i (and others) pointed out the one nerf would lead to another, etc. |Which is pretty much what we've got here. 6.0 put most people in a good place with CQ. Then they brought in the first nerf, and it was pointed out, that this was going to be a downhill ride. We had people mocking us over it, but here it is.

Our guild and GM will not stop, we do not back down, we will message all game support until change we want is done, this is not joke, we do to make game better, for our guild and for people. Our guild leader had told us he is in talks with devs and was told changes would come on September 22 patch. Thank you for removing archive as suggested by our GM, he is very happy. He say changes come to planet system, a planet cooldown. This change come in this change too? He explain better,here is quote:

"All planets will be availible for all yields so there will not gonna be planets specificly for large yield or medium or small. All yields can have absolutly all planets. As a secondary change, if a guild alack a yield for example the large yield, there will be a cooldown in which that guild cannot atack for the next week the large yield, the cooldown will be for 1 week.".

Our guild is ready to contribute to make game better and show server we are great guild. We are symbol of future, we do for glory, honour. Thank you

Another point, these nerfs started when a certain person started his one man campaign against CQ, and at that time, i (and others) pointed out the one nerf would lead to another, etc. |Which is pretty much what we've got here. 6.0 put most people in a good place with CQ. Then they brought in the first nerf, and it was pointed out, that this was going to be a downhill ride. We had people mocking us over it, but here it is.

remember...."he will not rest until he gets the changes reverted and numbers nerfed"

he played his little forum manipulation game, that others were calling you, me and others out for....calling us crazy, when alas, at the end...here we are. devs ALWAYS LISTEN to the complainers these days, and I really do NOT know why.

I'm sticking in the PTS feedback thread for these nerfs. I'm not going to drop the topic. If the squeaky wheel gets listened to than I will freaking squeak and squeak until I burst someone's eardrums. The team has already responded in that thread once, trying to justify the nerfs. Players are arguing against it. Go to the PTS feedback thread, voice your disagreement and do not stop. It worked with the living space for the Rishi stronghold. Players did not back down, Rishi got a living space.

So much talk lately about toxicity. Too bad such a small part of those discussions touch the venom present on these forums.It def should be talked a bit more. There is something seriously dysfunctional about whole culture of conversation in this place. Small but audible pile of forum reguulars are sometimes completely unable or unwilling to argue about things they find disagreeable. Instead, , they rather climb aboard some weird venomous cancel campaign instead.

I talk with people who are part of the infamous PvP(well, GSF-aligned parts of it) community of this game every single day. Through all these years,I've not witnessed as much pure malice and genuine attempts to character assassination within that community as you all by yourself have managed over past five months, DarkTergon.

You've brazenly and repeatedly encouraged people to completely exclude those you dislike from this community. Why? Because you don't like what they have to say about video game mechanics. That amounts to a valid reason to cancel somebody in your books. Up to the reader here to figure out how right or proper that is. You spread lies, false accusations and wild guesses as facts. You've done this for four or five months now.How is it working for you?

It is crazy how uninterested or unable you are to talk about any of the points I make. Consistently and without a failure you go after the poster instead. All I see is awkward attemps at character assassination instead of discussing the points made.

Going around preaching&spreading your message about having fellow player to blame for some alleged nerfs is utterly obscene. This is why:

- You are chewing at a pointing finger instead of talking about what is being pointing at. It is usually a bad or unconstructive idea. It being some sort of a norm on these forums doesn't quite change the fact.

- I've never even asked or suggested any nerfs. I've pointed out ridiculous disparities and imbalances and asked for multiplayer exclusive content to be elevated to same ballpark. Is that really so horrible or triggering?

- You really think BW needs to rely on forum posts to see how imabalnced something as measurable as conquest is?? They got tons of fancy server side tools chewing this stuff into numbers so they don't need to rely on something as subjective as forum posts by a normal players to see what's up.THEY KNOW. They know what you did last summer!!

Edited by Stradlin