Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really understood why the powers that be chose to name a race after a famous anti-Catholic heresy from the middle ages.

I also have never really gotten why it is that this heresy-named race is a bunch of cat people.

But they look cool so I'm not complaining!

Hopefully the first xpac will let us sit in chairs.

Edited by JohnSkylar

Sadly this is just more of the same.

EAWare still not understanding that this game needs "some" innovation.

But instead we are given the same old mechanics and features that made this game become less popular than a riverbed rock in the first place.

Edited by cyberfreaq

Better than Pandas :rolleyes:

Pandas are exactly the reason why i am playing this and not wow. Bioware really need to rethink what they are doing. Why put in a stupid species that only a small margin of crazy cat lovers like. I didnt like juuani and i hate jorgan (feel like i have an annoying pet cat following me around tha is about to roll over and start purring).

People will leave games nowadays for the smallest and silliest of reaons such as the implimentation of stupid species when we wanted something more epic. I am not saying im leaving but i am just terribilly disappointed.

As George Takei would say - "Oh my!" That's certainly a nice announcement to see on a Monday afternoon.

Cathar Bounty Hunter or Sith? Yes please - I'm totally gonna hold off playing mine now.

New planet? How could I not be down?

HK-51? You're damn straight!

But the best part...

New level cap... could that mean.... more story? BOO-YAH! I'm so down!

I've never really understood why the powers that be chose to name a race after a famous anti-Catholic heresy from the middle ages.

I also have never really gotten why it is that this heresy-named race is a bunch of cat people.

But they look cool so I'm not complaining!

Hopefully the first xpac will let us sit in chairs.

Bioware didn't give the Cathar their name. Dark Horse Comics did, with their "Tales of the Jedi" series.

Yeah, yeah, Cathar...whatever.

The major news here is that my shadow will get to do the Star Wars kid move like every staff-wielding NPC in the game! Or am I the only one that thinks of the "Star Wars Kid" every time I see an NPC use Spinning Strikes?

Actually, what the shadow did in the video looks a lot better than Spinning Strikes. But I digress. Star Wars Kid!

New content is always welcome, I look forward to it. A new race is welcome, not real pleased that BW is still not giving us more distinct races from the star wars IP when there are so very many iconic races to choose from, Cathar would not have been my first choice, but it's better than nothing. I hope we get additional character slots to accomidate new toons. pretty happy about the level cap increase.

I know..."powers that be," you'll note. Not Bioware.

Whoops. I could have sworn I'd read "Bioware" in your post. My apologies, mate. Apparently, I didn't get anywhere near enough caffeine in me as I'd thought this morning.

Edited by Kharnis

The games issues are function and feature, not content. Raised level cap is kind of an eyebrow raiser. Is endgame that botched that they want a clean slate?

Exactly. Nothing in the preview changed my mind about unsubbing next month.

I'll bet all my credz this week will bring balance to the force. Last weeks news was abysmal. They'd be crazy not to build on this momentum by getting 1.3 on the PTS and announcing transfer dates. Incredible video, btw, can we get a hint if that new wz is in fact a team death match? o.O Gosh that would be fun. :)

All well and good, but can the Devs assure us that the hood down Jedi armor at the :36 and :57 mark of the video will be available in the game? With the hood down? Or that we will have a hood on/off toggle by then? This really needs to be addressed.

Once more hood down Jedi Armors are shown to sell the game. Right now they are unattainable after level 15. Can the Devs assure us they have fixed this?

Going to post again, since someone deleted my previous post:

Great news Bioware!

New race, new planet, new something. What about the server transfers?

New level cap means that every Operation content will be outdated. Do you bioware understand that? Those people who still play on your derelict servers will not be doing Denova, Karaggas Palace or the Eternity Vault because their level advantage will trivalise the entire content.

New level cap will require new items. Would be funny if people would be running at lets say level 55 while wearing same items they had before your so called expansion or whatever you want to treat this as.

So... which one of you forgot to think ahead? Again the lack of planning of the game future shows here.

Will you add new Flash Points? New ENDGAME flash points? new hard more endgame flash points? New endgame operations and so on?

Will there be a new PvP bracket? New abilities? New tiers in talent trees? Or will we be just getting the new level cap?

Rememer, new level cap means people will want new Tier Items, new sets, new PvP sets and so on, did any of you think about that?

Can anyone form Bw confirm the process of the new items (ewok companion, Luke's speeder, etc)? Will we need ot pay more money or is it going to be added to digital delux and collector's?

ewok companion? :o

On topic; I don't see anything ground breaking here but I sure am going to resub at least for a month (like there's a shorter option lol) to play with the new companion and maybe roll a cathar JK.

Note about pandas; like them or not, they come with an animation set of ~100 animations, their own model and perhaps capital city. I wouldn't compare that with a few new skins, some of which are already in the game.