Immortal Jugg- gearing up level 28-build outfitting

Leveled up a Jugg, Mara, and assassin-

Trying to figure out what works best with Jugg-

I kinda prefer the Jugg for pve- I'm running immortal tree only atm- I had my crafters make two sets of armour- one is loaded with might mods and rage enhancements- strength augments.

Other is might mods, defense enhancements, defense augments- I stacked defense thinking it's best for Jugg- to avoid the dmg- but honestly the DPS gear seems to work better.

With the defense gear- I do have almost 19% defense without skills up- without it's around 6%.

Ran through heroics and 50% nar shades this am- and never dropped health like I thought I would in the DPS gear.

In fact it seemed they both mitigated the same dmg.

What's the best parse program out there? I prob need to see some hard data moving forward.

Up to 25 didn't have much options- but now seem to have tons of choices-

Earpieces implants enhancements etc.

Should I try some shield enhancements, with defense? Maybe 4 def, 4 shield, 1 absorb?

Read a tank guide on here suggested 37% def, 35% shield 30% absorb roughly.

Just wondering if I should keep the DPS stuff in since I'm not seeing a dramatic diff at this time- still tanked fine through the first 4 heroics- never had to use "oh-crap" buttons either.

(I was running vengeance too with the defense and DPS gear)

It was a lot more fragile-squishy if you will)

I think immortal with DPS is best?

Hard to search through all these guides being two months into the game... Most are written in 2011...and with all the latest updates I doubt their recommendations are worth much.

Accuracy to 100%? Why? I have never seen a miss and I'm sitting at 96% with my earpieces and implants..

Thanks for the help!!

Also- what the heck gives the comms to buy my set armour?

Is that only level 55 missions?

And what is the recommended set for juggs? What relics provide the best DPS and tank support?

O bless your heart. If you are on harbinger i want you in my guild:) someone that reads guides. Thats awesome.

The short answer is you are over thinking it for leveling. Best way to level is with pretty much all dps gear and a shield generator. You won't really find any really good tanking enhancements till late 30's early 40's. If you plan on tanking flashpoints while leveling just grab some enduance crystals for weapon and shield. And endurance heavy armorings.

Set bonus you wont get till level 50-55 in operations.

Also 100% accuracy is for end game also bosses have higher defense so you will miss more on them f you don't have it at 100. Relics you can use 1 clickable relice for defense rating and 1 for power while leveling. at 55 though you want fortunate redoubt and resctive warding for tanking

Generally Juggernaut tanks in flashpoints have much more trouble holding aggro than surviving. I would actually say that as a Juggernaut tank leveling, go with Strength over endurance as a rule, and take Tank stats when possible. (furthermore its more effective if you want to run Rage/Veng for solo, and tank for FP's, as I did with my Guardian)

If you stay up to date and have decent healers, your healthpool should rarely to never be an issue. Your healthpool is not what makes you a tank, its your damage mitigation and your ability to hold aggro.

And definitely go with Power crystals for your generator and lightsaber. Jug tanks hit like a wet noodle, especially at low level, and have only one AOE on a 12sec cooldown. You need to be able to hit as hard as possible

At level 32 or 33 you get Sweeping Slash which helps you gain aggro (not particularly hold it, you need to save your heavy hitters to hit what the DPS are to hold aggro) which allows you to save your Smash for more opportune moments.

But yea, go with DPS gear and get mods/enhancements for tank stats when you are able. Before that, strength over endurance all day erryday.