Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

I called this way back when it was first posted. I knew it was going to be a problem:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569667#post5569667

I find it silly that people are acting like it has to be one way or the other.

Like I said back then, there will be people who prefer the previous appearance and those who prefer the new one.

People have different tastes and all can and should catered to. There needn't be only one or the other appearance. They should have added NEW armor sets to those cartel packs with the advertised appearances instead of changing the appearance of the existing sets. But my suggestion fell on deaf ears.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw no previews of Perceptor chest piece having the hood up. No artwork for it either.

Now, this doesn't effect me in anyway, other than I spent in game creds (wasted now) and my companion I put it on now needs a new outfit, since I didnt want him having a hood up. But it's better than it being something my character was wearing.

The cartel pack art shows the Preceptor, Revan's and Phantom and I think Spymaster how they were intended to look. Don't know about any other promo art but the pack art is the most obvious one and that one does show hood Preceptor and sorcerored out Phantom outfit. Granted I thought the "unintended Phantom art was decent, I knew they were going to fix it to what they intended so can't really complain about them correcting something they implemented incorrectly in the first place.

The Cartel pack the items in question are from work on a Lucky Dip basis.

You will have to buy more than one cartel pack to have any chance of getting the item you want.

You buy a cartel pack, you may or may not be lucky in getting the item you want.

You end up selling cartel pack items you don't want on the GTN to raise ingame credits.

You use ingame credits to purchase the cartel pack items you want from the GTN.

Irrespective of whether the cartel pack artwork was representitive of the contents, having the wrong item in the pack does not disrupt this chain. At no point is the player forced to keep buying the packs once they have been made aware that the item they were hoping for is not available. At no point are they forced to equip the unwanted items and bind them to their character. Cartel pack purchasers who felt cheated were at best little more than inconvenienced and given a good cash earner (I paid about 300K for my Phantom chestguard before the change).

Many players encountered these items ingame on the GTN.

Search the GTN for items you like the look of.

Preview the items to see how they look on your character (and can I thank you BW for finally having the colour match work in preview mode)

If you like the item purchase it and equip it, thus binding it to your character.

These are the two variables. One was an inconvenience and could have been solved by apologising for artwork being used on the packs that were not in the said packs, an oversight and teething issues as the cartel market gets rolling. And then add the intended models in a new cartel pack. Players inconvenienced in this fashion should have made more than enough on the GTN through the sale of their items to cover the costs.

The other outcome has been for the players who bound an item to them based on how it appeared on the ingame previewer to have their items altered in a radical manner. These items are for all intense purpose of no use to those players affected as they cannot sell them on to recoup their losses.

And this constant mentioning of the Dev tracker post. I check the Dev tracker and I missed this one, namely because in the Thread title and the Dev response there was no specific mention of the items affected. And it was in a particularly busy time of the year when I have even less time to read through every thread that pops up on the forum.

I called this way back when it was first posted. I knew it was going to be a problem:

Like I said back then, there will be people who prefer the previous appearance and those who prefer the new one.

People have different tastes and all can and should catered to. There needn't be only one or the other appearance. They should have added NEW armor sets to those cartel packs with the advertised appearances instead of changing the appearance of the existing sets. But my suggestion fell on deaf ears.

But people bought those packs for the armor that was advertised, Why should THEY have to by new packs?

Thank you, wasn't positive if it said the item was wrong or specifically that it should match the promo.

If you could be so kind as to link where they said they were changing the item as opposed to the preview?

The main point of my post is inconsistency. One item they decide to change the art for, another they change the item.

For an "accidental" or "mistaken" item, I've noticed the in-game icon AND the preview image both showed a regular suit. I'd think that when the item itself, the icon for the item, the preview window for the item, etc all display one thing I could trust it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569050#edit5569050

So, I do not like the changes to my characters outfit, and people are telling me that I should come to the forums and spend hours of my RL time sifting through this garbage to find out that it may get switched on me for something I do not care for.

Before I bought, I used the preview window. Why? Because I do not give a rats *** about what some artist drew for an illustration of the packs. I care about what my character looks like in game. I bought what I liked. I do not have what I bought. I do not like what I have. PERIOD! This is called fraud. Hiding disclosure on a forum is not customer clear disclosure.

I would like it changed back, my money back, or the option to get what I originally purchased without having to shell out a lot more money or credits or both.

Edited by DarthVandalism

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

No, go away. This game doens't need "sexy" armour, if you want sexist armour go play a game like TERA, but keep that sort of design far away from TOR. The dancing outfits are already pushing it too far, we don't need anything else like that.

See the biggest problem comes to looking at the majority of people who currently have the robes.

I said it already, but those that currently have it bound and stuck to them with no option to sell, trade, replace, etc are those that liked the old one. They KEPT it, they bound it, they wore it. Now they are given a completely different look.

Those that liked the "Artwork" probably didn't bind it to them. Once they saw how it looked the majority most likely sold it, got rid of it, etc. It's possible some people kept it for about a month, but in general the majority of people with it BOUND are those that liked it. (Throw away/sell things you hate, keep things you like, basic human nature).

By making a change to an item people have (correcting or fixing or whatever) it takes something that someone liked, kept, and bound and throwing it away.

If they wanted to add the new sets they should have added the sets as being new suits/correct, etc. Then nobody would be STUCK with a hated look. That's the problem. Those that didn't get what they wanted could sell the old, get the new, like how irl you replace clothes.

It's better to the majority to offer new clothes to buy then to rip up and change someone's existing clothes.

I acknowledge that bioware in a small, single post on a forum (which as evidenced by "We accidentally changed it and will change it back. Wait I'm wrong" isn't always right) said that it was wrong. But the point still stands.

Just for a moment let's try and look in the other's shoes. You log on and find your character looking at you in a completely different outfit and everything is changed and you hate the look. (Picture for me your most hated outfit, whatever you find ugly and stupid). You spent a large amount on this item because you liked the look and now your character is staring at you in something else.

They changed your character. Regardless the reason, your character now looks different from how you left it. This character of yours was changed without your permission and now looks different. You'd be pissed and rightfully so. REGARDLESS the reason.

THAT'S why it'd have been better to offer the new set as opposed to force a change. Nobody likes having their character altered.

See the biggest problem comes to looking at the majority of people who currently have the robes.

I said it already, but those that currently have it bound and stuck to them with no option to sell, trade, replace, etc are those that liked the old one. They KEPT it, they bound it, they wore it. Now they are given a completely different look.

Those that liked the "Artwork" probably didn't bind it to them. Once they saw how it looked the majority most likely sold it, got rid of it, etc. It's possible some people kept it for about a month, but in general the majority of people with it BOUND are those that liked it. (Throw away/sell things you hate, keep things you like, basic human nature).

By making a change to an item people have (correcting or fixing or whatever) it takes something that someone liked, kept, and bound and throwing it away.

If they wanted to add the new sets they should have added the sets as being new suits/correct, etc. Then nobody would be STUCK with a hated look. That's the problem. Those that didn't get what they wanted could sell the old, get the new, like how irl you replace clothes.

It's better to the majority to offer new clothes to buy then to rip up and change someone's existing clothes.

I acknowledge that bioware in a small, single post on a forum (which as evidenced by "We accidentally changed it and will change it back. Wait I'm wrong" isn't always right) said that it was wrong. But the point still stands.

Just for a moment let's try and look in the other's shoes. You log on and find your character looking at you in a completely different outfit and everything is changed and you hate the look. (Picture for me your most hated outfit, whatever you find ugly and stupid). You spent a large amount on this item because you liked the look and now your character is staring at you in something else.

They changed your character. Regardless the reason, your character now looks different from how you left it. This character of yours was changed without your permission and now looks different. You'd be pissed and rightfully so. REGARDLESS the reason.

THAT'S why it'd have been better to offer the new set as opposed to force a change. Nobody likes having their character altered.

Wow...nice blinder's

I got mine from the cartel packs....been holding on to them for when(today) BioWare corrected their mistake.

I originally purchase the cartel packs for the armor advertised on the cartel packs. I did not get what was advertised. Now, you want me to have to buy new packs in the hopes of getting Armor I had already purchased?

Edited by Taorus

So, I do not like the changes to my characters outfit, and people are telling me that I should come to the forums and spend hours of my RL time sifting through this garbage to find out that it may get switched on me for something I do not care for.

Before I bought, I used the preview window. Why? Because I do not give a rats *** about what some artist drew for an illustration of the packs. I care about what my character looks like in game. I bought what I liked. I do not have what I bought. I do not like what I have. PERIOD! This is called fraud. Hiding disclosure on a forum is not customer clear disclosure.

I would like it changed back, my money back, or the option to get what I originally purchased without having to shell out a lot more money or credits or both.

It's still your fault completely that you didn't bother to read the below which was posted in what is the official communications for Bioware which has always been the website. Ignorance isn't an excuse and you choose to not spend 5 mins looking at daily updates to see if anything the devs have said might pertain to you instead of making excuses for being too lazy to even look.

Old 12.12.2012 , 04:10 PM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!

Joveth Gonzalez | Online Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Wow...nice blinder's

I got mine from the cartel packs....been holding on to the for when(today) BioWare corrected their mistake.

I originally purchase the cartel packs for the armor advertised on the cartel packs. I did not get what was advertised. Now, you want me to have to buy new packs in the hopes of getting Armor I had already purchased?

I did list majority. Is your current armor bound? That's the thing. You held onto yours, but unless you equipped it then it wouldn't be bound. Trade, sell, barter, etc. Perhaps a way to allow a trade-in from bioware. Those that have it equipped have it bound. They have no option to sell it and use the credits to buy the old set. It's a matter of options. The majority of the people with the set kept it due to liking it. Now they can't do anything about it. It's bound. You at least had the option (had the advertised set been offered) to trade old for advertised or sell old, buy advertised (GTN), etc.

The point is that forcing the changed look is a bit worse then providing a new option. Again, flip the side. Imagine if it started with you wearing the advertised that you liked and you logged on today to find it reduced to the old set.

Your character was changed without your permission

Can you honestly tell me that is a lesser offense then the option to buy a new suit you like? Would you rather I broke into your house and replaced all your clothes with clothes I liked or for me to sell you clothes you like to replace ugly clothes you bought before hand?

It's still your fault completely that you didn't bother to read the below which was posted in what is the official communications for Bioware which has always been the website. Ignorance isn't an excuse and you choose to not spend 5 mins looking at daily updates to see if anything the devs have said might pertain to you instead of making excuses for being too lazy to even look.

Old 12.12.2012 , 04:10 PM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!

Joveth Gonzalez | Online Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

And the yellow text is official and can never be wrong or changed? Do I really need to go back and quote today's post of "We didn't mean to change the phantom set it will be changed back" and demand it be adhered to regardless of the fact he corrected it and said he was mistaken?

A post on the forum is NOT an official statement that automatically clears all wrong doing. And it is NOT the buyers fault for buying something that was offered incorrectly. If I went to a grocery store and they labeled something wrong and I bought it, I AM entitled to return it because of manufacturer's error.

I did list majority. Is your current armor bound? That's the thing. You held onto yours, but unless you equipped it then it wouldn't be bound. Trade, sell, barter, etc. Perhaps a way to allow a trade-in from bioware. Those that have it equipped have it bound. They have no option to sell it and use the credits to buy the old set. It's a matter of options. The majority of the people with the set kept it due to liking it. Now they can't do anything about it. It's bound. You at least had the option (had the advertised set been offered) to trade old for advertised or sell old, buy advertised (GTN), etc.

The point is that forcing the changed look is a bit worse then providing a new option. Again, flip the side. Imagine if it started with you wearing the advertised that you liked and you logged on today to find it reduced to the old set.

Can you honestly tell me that is a lesser offense then the option to buy a new suit you like? Would you rather I broke into your house and replaced all your clothes with clothes I liked or for me to sell you clothes you like to replace ugly clothes you bought before hand?

They don't need permission to do anything they want anytime they want. It's their property and we own absolutely nothing. Also they stated it was incorrect and that it's supposed to look like the artwork and they made it look as advertised.

Edited by Asuka

Ok....I bought mine with CC, Which I had to purchase with real world currency. Yes, They are bound. Multiple sets. I have waited for nearly a month for BioWare to make this correction. So if you care to send me cash....not credits...to re-purchase the multiple packs I have to purchase to get FULL SETS.

And its not a changed look....its a correction.

It's kind of funny to me. Here we are 3:00 AM 1-9-13 and finally the 3 BW supporters on this issue have arrived, where have you been all day? Well I guess we'll have to wait for the masses when they wake up tomorrow. In the meantime you 3 go ahead and fill in this thread with as much counter- argument as you can (if it really is 3 and not 1). I'm sure your just adding plenty of fuel to the fire.

They don't need permission to do anything they want anytime they want. It's their property and we own absolutely nothing. Also they stated it was incorrect and that it's supposed to look like the artwork and they made it look as advertised.

And with that I'm done and going to sleep.

That's just sheer stupid. I'm sure if you woke up one day to find all your characters deleted because they can do anything they want you'll reroll all your characters and just shrug and go "Welp they can do anything they want."

You don't **** people who give you money. You don't **** your customers. That's basic level intelligence and if you can't grasp that you really shouldn't be posting. I hate throwing out insults, but what you just said was probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

You know technically I CAN go out and kill/ someone. Sure it's against the law, but I CAN do it. What a person CAN do and what they should do are two separate things. Now you could argue "Well yes, but I meant legally they can do whatever" as a negation for that thus clarifying "can" is "legal". That'd be accurate and would negate that statement, but it would not negate the first.

And the yellow text is official and can never be wrong or changed? Do I really need to go back and quote today's post of "We didn't mean to change the phantom set it will be changed back" and demand it be adhered to regardless of the fact he corrected it and said he was mistaken?

A post on the forum is NOT an official statement that automatically clears all wrong doing. And it is NOT the buyers fault for buying something that was offered incorrectly. If I went to a grocery store and they labeled something wrong and I bought it, I AM entitled to return it because of manufacturer's error.

The statement on 12/12/12 stated it was incorrect and was supposed to look as the promo and Joveth confirmed the exact same thing today. That's all there is to it.

And with that I'm done and going to sleep.

That's just sheer stupid. I'm sure if you woke up one day to find all your characters deleted because they can do anything they want you'll reroll all your characters and just shrug and go "Welp they can do anything they want."

You don't **** people who give you money. You don't **** your customers. That's basic level intelligence and if you can't grasp that you really shouldn't be posting. I hate throwing out insults, but what you just said was probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

You know technically I CAN go out and kill/ someone. Sure it's against the law, but I CAN do it. What a person CAN do and what they should do are two separate things. Now you could argue "Well yes, but I meant legally they can do whatever" as a negation for that thus clarifying "can" is "legal". That'd be accurate and would negate that statement, but it would not negate the first.

Nobody forces you to buy something that's stated to be wrong. If you proceed to buy said wrong item that's your problem.

As an addition to what I said earlier about selling items you don't want from the cartel packs on the GTN.

The 'incorrect' Phantom chestpiece had great utility and offered a look many players scross the classes wanted. I'm seeing as many Imperial Agents wanting the 'incorrect' look back as well as Shadows and Inquisitors. Of the defenders of this change the majority seem to be Inquisitors. I've certainly not seen any Imperial Agents defending the choice.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that you'd be upset if you were buying a cartel pack to get a certain look that was advertised (Only the female version) and it wasn't in the pack. But you'd likely be a lot quicker to spot any mention of such issues on the forum and then stop buying the packs. Sell of the gear you did get on the GTN or if you were hoping for a change but unsure keep it unequipped (unbound) in your bank until the issue was resolved.

I'm not asking for a rollback or change that affects all the sets affected in this way. Ideally I would like to see both parties get to keep the look they want.

Just remember the bottom line is...

If you bought the cartel packs you had the option to hold onto item (unbound) or sell it.

If you bought the item because you liked how it looked in preview mode on the GTN and equipped it, then you've just lost all that investment.

It's kind of funny to me. Here we are 3:00 AM 1-9-13 and finally the 3 BW supporters on this issue have arrived, where have you been all day? Well I guess we'll have to wait for the masses when they wake up tomorrow. In the meantime you 3 go ahead and fill in this thread with as much counter- argument as you can (if it really is 3 and not 1). I'm sure your just adding plenty of fuel to the fire.

I was in game....enjoying my corrected sets. Its not 3 am where I'm at...nor 9 Jan 2013....yet.

The statement on 12/12/12 stated it was incorrect and was supposed to look as the promo and Joveth confirmed the exact same thing today. That's all there is to it.

That statement was easy to miss in Dev tracker due to the vaguness of the thread and players may not have been looking to purchase items on the GTN at that time. Certainly there was no easy point of reference to the specific items mentioned in Dev response or Thread title. Not to mention some items that had their model changed were not represented in the cartel pack artwork.

For example the Spymaster set was shown on a male, the Phantom on a female. There is no reason to think they would look exactly the same on the opposite sex.

To be sure you use the preview mode to see how an item looks on your character as Species, Body Type and Gender can all play a part in how the ensemble looks.

Both groups are right and Bioware is wrong, they should offer everybody to switch back to the old look. In my case, I've got the Spymaster hat and I don't like the blue glas attached to it, please give us back the old version.

Petition them to add the variant unintended set to the market.