State of PvP?

Kellindell

Looking to return to the game with a friend of mine. I engage in all kinds of gameplay but he is pretty much just pvp, so on the nights he can play we will do a lot of pvp.

Just wondering what the queu times are like, when the server is most active.

Are there faction imbalances?

Is the server active with GSF (Haven't done it at all)?

Any classes/roles needed in pvp currently? Anything to stay away from?

What are pugs like on each side? How bad is it to solo queu?

Pretty much just looking for the over all rundown for pvp before we decide on a server/faction.

Thanks.

Couple caveats... I am not a skilled player by any definition and I don't do ranked, but since none are answering I will do what I can.

PvP is fun even as a total newb/bad. Peak server times (~3 / 6p - 10p EST during school time, not sure about summ.) Queues arent bad, and you can generally find a steady stream of games. if you're looking for strategy and tactics 30-59 is decent for pugging, but you still get a fair share of dullards who leave objectives unguarded and the like. Early pvp will likely be people just learning about how it works and such, and 60 regs seem to get stomped by Rankers killing down time.

GSF Seems eh... I like it, but again Im absolutely horrible at it and queues seem long.

and not a statement on classes or such, but Empire SEEMS better than Pubs, but Pubs SEEM better sportspeople

This is just my mileage and opinions, but I hope it helps

Edited by CerebralArsenal

I don't know where all the imps are better nonsense comes from...Pubs are clearly MUCH better at pvp, plus there are more organized pub guilds, theres so many random imp guilds no one can name off the top of their heads...I'm pretty sure your average imperial player is an ability clicker who doesn't know what to click next...that being said, most wzs are usually imp vs pub which Is great, good faction balance populationwise.. ranked tends to be more imp vs imp but there are still pubs....lIke people talk about how great Shadowlands is, yah its great if you like imperial civils wars all day but I might just have OCD

Looking to return to the game with a friend of mine. I engage in all kinds of gameplay but he is pretty much just pvp, so on the nights he can play we will do a lot of pvp.

Just wondering what the queu times are like, when the server is most active.

Are there faction imbalances?

Is the server active with GSF (Haven't done it at all)?

Any classes/roles needed in pvp currently? Anything to stay away from?

What are pugs like on each side? How bad is it to solo queu?

Pretty much just looking for the over all rundown for pvp before we decide on a server/faction.

Thanks.

I will say this, Imperial PvP has taken a hit this last few months, there are some good pvp guilds pubside. The Core, Templars, Republic, Resolve. Imperial side has some very good ranked players but in the world of regs there are some discrepencies with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Grass is always greener syndrome in the post above me.

PvP is just fine on this server. Even though you will hear people say "This is an RP server, we don't PvP" it is blatantly untrue.

This coming from a pub...All I'm saying is on pubside it takes me 2 wzs to finish the 4 wz daily and on Impside it usually takes 4...

Khryn ya gotta admit, some of these Imp PUGs are certaintly somethin.... :rak_03:

Btw Flavius, Omega, Eradication, Sixty-Six (you still see a few of em), OSK are guilds that pvp on impside very frequently.

Omega usually has 2-3 people online as does Eradication which was Vicious in Jung ma is similar with the few amount of people online so stop trying to name drop especially when you are name dropping NEW guilds to the server that has a combined amount of 6 people online and I haven't seen 66 around lately either which sounds more like you are just pointing out a few people in ranked gear that you just assume to be good pvp guilds...what makes a guild a good pvp guild, is it being on the server for a few weeks and being seen in wzs...

I have been on the server since April. I feel it's pretty balanced in unranked to win or lose Imp or Republic side. Maybe I'd say that we have won more on the Republic side, but not much. I'd say ranked is actually popping fairly well (I did come from Pot5 where it never popped though). People use both Enemies chat and Yolostars chat to inspire people to queue up most nights and I think a few pops happen. I think with 3.3 we're going to see even more, solo and team.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on the server since April. I feel it's pretty balanced in unranked to win or lose Imp or Republic side. Maybe I'd say that we have won more on the Republic side, but not much. I'd say ranked is actually popping fairly well (I did come from Pot5 where it never popped though). People use both Enemies chat and Yolostars chat to inspire people to queue up most nights and I think a few pops happen. I think with 3.3 we're going to see even more, solo and team.

The only pub premade I have seen beaten by an imp pug group in regs was against you guys...So that might make you the only non-tryhard pub guild on EH

Then you haven't been pvping here long, Flavius.

Not sure I agree with Flavius either tbh. I would argue that Pubside generally dominates the midbie bracket because there are some good guilds rolling premades in the bracket regularly, but 60s is very hit and miss depending on when you are playing and who is playing at the time. I wouldnt say 60s is dominated by either faction on the server atm.

Not sure I agree with Flavius either tbh. I would argue that Pubside generally dominates the midbie bracket because there are some good guilds rolling premades in the bracket regularly, but 60s is very hit and miss depending on when you are playing and who is playing at the time. I wouldnt say 60s is dominated by either faction on the server atm.

Concur. I que both sides. Both sides have good days and bad days. But I would agree imp side took a hit initially when cheap server transfers happened. But a lot of people have come back now the ranked season is over.

You know I really want to agree with you guys because I just love about TEH is that this is the only EAST coast server that isn't hours of wargames..SL is wargames only and the pubs on JC kinda give up early after a few beatings...but I have been pvping on several servers for a few years now and though pubside here may have gotten a little weaker it still stomps impside into the dirt..I would really like for some of these pub guilds to come to SL where they belong not stomping imp pug erpers in pve gear...

You know I really want to agree with you guys because I just love about TEH is that this is the only EAST coast server that isn't hours of wargames..SL is wargames only and the pubs on JC kinda give up early after a few beatings...but I have been pvping on several servers for a few years now and though pubside here may have gotten a little weaker it still stomps impside into the dirt..I would really like for some of these pub guilds to come to SL where they belong not stomping imp pug erpers in pve gear...

Obvious troll is obvious. Name 5 guilds that solely do ERP who are well known (much like PvP guilds are well known) and are still relevant. Have a nice day, try not to repeat riddles when trying to keep travelers off your bridge.

Obvious troll is obvious. Name 5 guilds that solely do ERP who are well known (much like PvP guilds are well known) and are still relevant. Have a nice day, try not to repeat riddles when trying to keep travelers off your bridge.

That's not what they say on pubside ;)...have a nice day

Khryn ya gotta admit, some of these Imp PUGs are certaintly somethin.... :rak_03:

Btw Flavius, Omega, Eradication, Sixty-Six (you still see a few of em), OSK are guilds that pvp on impside very frequently.

And FYI as of 5:30 EST Good Talk has 2 60s online Omega and Eradication have zero so...If they are the best pvper guilds impside pubs must be dominating regs right now....which is even more to the detriment to the state of Impside pvp on this server and you can call me a troll because internet nobodies have very little to say but talk down to people or call them trolls buuuut I have so many 60s that I post in several forums about random pvp stuff and it just bugs me that its either IMPERIAL WARGAMES ON OTHER SERVERS or die to pub premades on TEH...And I don't blame you for being ignorant..Its bio's fault for making Imp toons just so much cooler and in higher demand and all the pub flock to this server because they are terrified of SL's imperial population..

And FYI as of 5:30 EST Good Talk has 2 60s online Omega and Eradication have zero so...If they are the best pvper guilds impside pubs must be dominating regs right now....which is even more to the detriment to the state of Impside pvp on this server and you can call me a troll because internet nobodies have very little to say but talk down to people or call them trolls buuuut I have so many 60s that I post in several forums about random pvp stuff and it just bugs me that its either IMPERIAL WARGAMES ON OTHER SERVERS or die to pub premades on TEH...And I don't blame you for being ignorant..Its bio's fault for making Imp toons just so much cooler and in higher demand and all the pub flock to this server because they are terrified of SL's imperial population..

Why not ask why the imperial pre-mades are on SL and not here...

Farming 198 geared pve pre-mades much be so much fun.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm actually considering leaving this server after two years because the faction imablance is so bad. I have characters on both sides. Republic stomps face. Imperials bend over and take it. Every game. Republic side bores me. Imperial side is frustrating. Maybe it's that I'm a West Coaster playing on an East Coast server, and my timing is bad. Either way... yuck.

There appears to be a shift within the last 3 weeks....where Imp is pretty terribad right now. I've heard a few rumblings that they are re-rolling pub side right now.

I'm hopeful that things will settle down by the time 12x is over....unfortunately 90cc transfers will be gone by the timet he dust settles, so you have to gamble where to play right now.

We (clan Adenn) dominated WZs last night had 10-12 game winning streak. There are premades that run Imp side. The problem is the other 4 people on a imp team are always ****. Not only do we need more premades but we need better individuals that q lone wolf. Pub side has some great lone wolves