When did Vader ever jump in the air and smashed the ground pwning 5 Jedi?

LoL-K-Noob

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, it can easily be avoided or hinder its op-like effect on the inexperienced. For example, you see guardian/jugg jump to you - expect a smash/sweep every time. so what do you do...

- knockback - create distance till the damage bonus wears off

- stun - create distance or gather time to think about what needs to be done next

- use your #1 defense ability (for example shadows would use resiliance to completely resist the attack) This is usually only in emergencies so dont be the bad who burns everything at the start of the fight for example (more than 1 sent jumps to you)

- stop standing in a huge gaggle aka melee distance - space out a bit so not everyone eats the same smash/sweep

- stop standing right next to your healers and making them eat the 6k sweep/smash because once they go down so does everyone else - Usually if you eat a 6k sweep/smash a good medic will keep you up, but when you stand right next to them its either they heal themselves or you....

Edited by Rilok_Singz

Dude...I have a jug and a sent. It is not easily avoided anymore. When you have premades that are 3 smashers and a healer it is not easily avoided for many classes. It used to be easily avoided and because of this it required some small amount of skill. Now, it has the lowest skill softcap in the game (in which the skill softcaps are all rather low) and it has awesome defensive cds which make the class a joke to play when you have someone healing you.

One funny thing is that I used to have more fun on my sent before the instant smash and I used to enjoy being far better than other smashers. Now I am still better (i said softcap btw) but really having a ph or a premade means a lot more and it is rather hard to miss a smash anymore.

On my other classes I would watch smashers and make them miss all the time while hitting when I was playing mine. They really weren't a threat if a noob was behind the class. That is why it wasn't fotm then. The class has always been extremely strong, however many players couldn't do well on it (unless they were being healed or had a premade backing them). However BW screwed this up and made it so that anyone could do well on the class.

Dude...I have a jug and a sent. It is not easily avoided anymore. When you have premades that are 3 smashers and a healer it is not easily avoided for many classes. It used to be easily avoided and because of this it required some small amount of skill. Now, it has the lowest skill softcap in the game (in which the skill softcaps are all rather low) and it has awesome defensive cds which make the class a joke to play when you have someone healing you.

One funny thing is that I used to have more fun on my sent before the instant smash and I used to enjoy being far better than other smashers. Now I am still better (i said softcap btw) but really having a ph or a premade means a lot more and it is rather hard to miss a smash anymore.

On my other classes I would watch smashers and make them miss all the time while hitting when I was playing mine. They really weren't a threat if a noob was behind the class. That is why it wasn't fotm then. The class has always been extremely strong, however many players couldn't do well on it (unless they were being healed or had a premade backing them). However BW screwed this up and made it so that anyone could do well on the class.

You have a valid point. All im saying is yes they do a ton of dps for an aoe attack and yes its harder to avoid them, but there are ways of cushioning the blow. Even if you have to bite the smash/sweep, make sure you are spaced out. I cant tell you how many times sents in my guild have got 6-7k crits on 5 targets at once just because the enemy see the area heal on the ground and all immediately run to it pretty much at the same time, run and stand right next to the healer who is already getting focused enough as it is, see the jug jump to them and pay no attention to what is going to happen next or just the lack of constantly taunting. Think of the top pvp guilds on your server - there's a reason why they aren't on the forums. 1. because they are doing it, or 2. because they've worked around it and know what to look out for.

The thing is, it can easily be avoided or hinder its op-like effect on the inexperienced. For example, you see guardian/jugg jump to you - expect a smash/sweep every time. so what do you do...

- stun - create distance or gather time to think about what needs to be done next

- use your #1 defense ability (for example shadows would use resiliance to completely resist the attack) This is usually only in emergencies so dont be the bad who burns everything at the start of the fight for example (more than 1 sent jumps to you)

- stop standing in a huge gaggle aka melee distance - space out a bit so not everyone eats the same smash/sweep

- stop standing right next to your healers and making them eat the 6k sweep/smash because once they go down so does everyone else - Usually if you eat a 6k sweep/smash a good medic will keep you up, but when you stand right next to them its either they heal themselves or you....

-So what I am hearing is to counter a 12 second cooldown attack that requires a little build up and does AOE damage with a skill that has triple the cooldown (stuns, knockbacks, Defensive CDs). At least with Ops/Sins you know that they need to use a Long cooldown against your long cooldown.

-So.... you are also saying that you should not be a melee character and fight Sents/Marauders cause if 2 of your are melee and attacking one person, you are taking too much damage.

-So you aren't supposed to protect your healers that are being attacked by Melee characters or pulled/stunned/rooted.

These are counters, but they leave you so vulnerable to other attacks that sents/marauders look like clearly the best dps class in the game. Sprinkle in some Sins for speed and healing so they can smash for longer, recipe for success.

In the SWTOR book "Deceived", Malgus used Smash on an entire crowd of innocents killing or maiming them all I think. So his Smash can hit even more than 5 targets.

You also see Kao Cen Darach use Force Sweep in the Return Trailer, 'cept I think his actually had a pushback, makes me sad.

And you don't see either of them in the movies.

Because GL's vision was more realistic than those eu writers who take everything to the extreme. Instant healing is ridiculous in Star Wars. I might could understand implanted nanobots doing various things, but no one healed Luke on Hoth in 10s, and Han didn't heal Leia's blaster wound in ROTJ.

The trinity doesn't make sense in this universe.

Because GL's vision was more realistic than those eu writers who take everything to the extreme. Instant healing is ridiculous in Star Wars. I might could understand implanted nanobots doing various things, but no one healed Luke on Hoth in 10s, and Han didn't heal Leia's blaster wound in ROTJ.

Reported.

&

Nerf Operatives; Sometimes 2 or more gang up and can take me... they are OP.

Edited by NuSeC

lol get real idiot

There's nothing realistic about lifting objects with your mind, or laser swords. Your whole argument is just dumb.