Rakata weapons still useless in 1.1

Title.

I've been raiding hard mode EV for 3 weeks now and have Rakata weapons that are still rank 126, when they should be rank 140. The mods are level 51 when they should be 58. Sure, they're really cool with their black-red lightsaber crystals, but that doesn't really make up for it.

How have we gone through a major content patch without this being fixed? These are the best PvE weapons currently in the game that I'm aware of, and they're terrible. I should not be forced to PvP to battlemaster for a couple weapons so that I can be more effective in PvE, especially when I've already looted the PvE weapons.

What the hell?

The reply:

Hi,

This issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch. (Not 1.1.1)

Items already acquired by players will be upgraded automatically to the fixed versions when that happens.

I'd like to thank everyone who posted and helped get the word out.

Edited by Kanzel

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stop fixing useless crap like companions that have 0 effect on endgame and fix Ops, Weapons that are clearly bugged then go after the little crap.

Faith in Bioware is slipping fast for actual fixes that affect players.

Rakata weapon rotting in the bags for weeks now getting really old.....

I seriously cannot fathom how this didnt get fixed. Guess what Bioware, everyone needs that carrot on the end of the stick. What is it thats going to keep the hardcore guilds raiding when the very thing they're striving for is completely broken and useless? Please hotfix this as soon as possible.

Pretty damn stupid to not fix top end game weapons asap. Bioware, do you know how much effort our raiders go through to get these weapons? I bet more time than it would take you to fix this Rakata weapon error for thousands of players.

Fix it faster, noobs.

This issue hasn't even been acknowledged in the "Known Issues" thread as of 1/18. So far the only response from Bioware has been the following in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=169598

As you'll notice, it's robotic and has nothing to do with the actual issue. My guild has personally sent in hundreds of bug reports about this issue alone and received no official response.

BIOWARE post about this issue, fixing it soon? Should we keep tokens until its fixed or will our turned in items change automatically? ***!!! This pisses me off because it was a waste of time getting this item, the best item in the game even. Reply, thanks in advance. Keep posting till they freaking notice.

I understand that this issue is likely affecting a very small percentage of the total playerbase, but raiding is all about pouring effort into a rewarding experience.

Keep supporting this thread, this should not be a difficult fix.

And I'm hanging on to my tokens just in case.

This will become a bigger issue now that nightmare mode soa is in the "killable" range, since right now the only people this effects are classes with weapons in their offhands instead of foci/generators/shields aka sentinels, gunslingers, and potentially scoundrels (not sure if their offhands count as weapons or not i.e. moddable).

Guys we cannot let this thread fall off page one. They NEED to fix this. Apparently Bioware only fixes thigns when a big stink is made. Although theres probably very few of us with this problem, its big to us nonetheless. Lets keep this thread on page one.

tl/dr - bump

Been hours and still no reply, *** Bioware. I would get fired for having such terrible customer service so I think its only fair that you fire yours and hire some new ones. If it is your policy at fault then fire yourselves and let me take over.

The fact that a million other complex issues were addressed while this - a simple database issue that is *affecting endgame progression* was ignored - is absolutely ridiculous. There were posts about this where bioware reps even *posted and moved them to another forum*, proving that they'd been read by *someone.* Still, no fix.

I'm pretty sure this is intentional, seeing as how item rating 140 weapons aren't attainable via PVP either, to prevent players from completely outgearing the current content. There's just no way this is an oversight.

Does it suck? Absolutely.

I'm pretty sure this is intentional, seeing as how item rating 140 weapons aren't attainable via PVP either, to prevent players from completely outgearing the current content. There's just no way this is an oversight.

Totally absurd comment. If they wanted to keep us from outgearing the content then they would have made it on par with Columi with possibly different color crystal for epeen flare. Right now its worse than Tionese. This is not acceptable at all.

Thats fine Fara if thats the case but freaking tell us so I can move on to something else. Instead im sitting here with a useless rakata weapon and I am passing on other items because I am hoping Bioware is cool enough to fix them soon, stupid me. I should just need on everything because I have no clue if Bioware will fix this soon.

Yeah Naive, I am in the same boat. After not receiving credit for two weeks of killing Gharj on normal and heroic mode and then for each ticket the GM (stupid bot) not only denied me reimbursement the first time but the second didnt even read my ticket and sent instructions on how to claim lost items, seriously?? WoW reps gave me flack for maybe 2 requests out of 20 or so during my 7 years of play, mad props to them.

Rating 140 weapons are attainable through PvP. All Battlemaster loot is 140 and is obtainable, whereas Champion is 136.

There are several people in my raid group using battlemaster weapons because of this BS.

Yeah Naive, I am in the same boat. After not receiving credit for two weeks of killing Gharj on normal and heroic mode and then for each ticket the GM (stupid bot) not only denied me reimbursement the first time but the second didnt even read my ticket and sent instructions on how to claim lost items, seriously?? WoW reps gave me flack for maybe 2 requests out of 20 or so during my 7 years of play, mad props to them.

Amen, I've sent tons of tickets in over the seven years I've played WoW. Every single time I was able to converse with a GM and get a logical response of why things couldn't or could be done.

They always helped out and clarified things; from recovering my account, helping with loot problems that were OUR fault, reimbursing us for bugs, etc.

The last two weeks of being fifty have waned my confidence with Bioware.... I've been swamped with bugs that screw my groups and I over with zero customer support to help resolve any of the issues.

So much anger here... Please stop saying these things NEED to be fixed like CAPS is making your issue more important that the many other bugs they fixed. Very few people are raiding compared to the masses still leveling and Bioware is in triage mode right now, so they're going to fix things that affect more people first.

It sucks that your weapons are behind, but you're acting like they'll never fix it or care to. They'll get to it, but I'm sure getting the issues that affect the vast majority of the playerbase are going to come first.

So much anger here... Please stop saying these things NEED to be fixed like CAPS is making your issue more important that the many other bugs they fixed. Very few people are raiding compared to the masses still leveling and Bioware is in triage mode right now, so they're going to fix things that affect more people first.

It sucks that your weapons are behind, but you're acting like they'll never fix it or care to. They'll get to it, but I'm sure getting the issues that affect the vast majority of the playerbase are going to come first.

"They'll get to it" is all well and good until a content patch hits and a major issue(yet such an incredibly simple one) that impacts end game still hasn't been corrected. If you think this doesn't affect more than a small portion of the playerbase, you're not exactly correct. Any player leveling up right now who has aspirations to raid should feel extremely disappointed knowing that even if they do hit max level, the best weapons in the game are worthless. Shiny loot has that power over people whether you want to admit it or not.

That this hasn't been fixed by now is borderline insulting. It's such an incredibly simple solution that if--right this second--Bioware showed me to their item database, within the next 10 minutes I could edit it myself. This isn't a coding problem, not even remotely close: this can be fixed inside a spreadsheet.

and they havnt fixed the immortal tree TPS/DPS and migtation either wich is a joke all top tier pve raid tanking juggs run around in vengence specc with some in immortal how this also havnt been fixed and they fix endure pain and leap in pvp but dont fix this.. all other tanks deals like,

10-25% more damage than us 10 times better aoe tanking and single target tanking and got 10 times better migtation due to our godamn usless tank tree wich gives us like 5 talent points that gives us surivivability and others get like 28-34. How this even is concidered balanced or fair in any way is beyond my beleif.

And also fix rakata please and give harder content in Nightmare PLEASE that i can migtate damage so well with this broken specc/talent tree it proves that the numbers on hitting on tanks need to be upped like hell. EV is a joke, Karrgath palace new bosses was ALOT better but still need to be a bit harder imo.