Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Farming Premades losing the game for team

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Farming Premades losing the game for team

Dcardinalone
10.13.2018 , 11:26 AM | #1
Hello could not count the times i happen to be in a "unofficial"( players who were once in a same pvp guild but decided to create their own dead guilds, but still want to group up together like when they were all in the same pvp guild) 4 man premade team which end up losing the fame for us thanks to them ignoring calls and just farming for the rest of the game. The end stats show how "superior" these players are with their high dps stats almost 2/3xs as much as the winning team yet OUR team is the one that lost.. I think a possible solution would be to leave/quit the game out of principle as some as we come across these players that way they wont be able to get much games if people just keep leaving on them.

DavidAtkinson
10.13.2018 , 12:20 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dcardinalone View Post
Hello could not count the times i happen to be in a "unofficial"( players who were once in a same pvp guild but decided to create their own dead guilds, but still want to group up together like when they were all in the same pvp guild) 4 man premade team which end up losing the fame for us thanks to them ignoring calls and just farming for the rest of the game. The end stats show how "superior" these players are with their high dps stats almost 2/3xs as much as the winning team yet OUR team is the one that lost.. I think a possible solution would be to leave/quit the game out of principle as some as we come across these players that way they wont be able to get much games if people just keep leaving on them.
Wow.. so glad another player speaks about this. I admit I am guilty of farming myself, but I do it in Hutball only because I absolutely detest that game mode, however, I am shocked about these silver, golden flair players making premades and losing to a noob random team like I got with triple caps, 600-100 in Odessen and so on. To be honest I don't see the point..

Even when voidstar starts and we are attacking they are instant running over our team not giving a damn about anything and allowing us to get to the end room in 3 minutes....

I get you are.. you are a professional ego maniac with a nice golden flair, but being good at this game is much more than ganking. In my opinion of course.

Really loved your " they create their own dead guilds" sentence. Really spot on...

BlissDivine
10.13.2018 , 12:32 PM | #3
The worst are healers in Huttball that just sit in the acid and heal themselves for high HPS while ignoring their team. I have no respect for those players.

If you really are a bad *** healer get the huttball and try to do that.

Good players can put up great DPS or HPS and still win games.

MackPol
10.13.2018 , 12:59 PM | #4
So what is the rest of you doing ? Other 4 players ? If this amazing premade is farming everyone with 2 or 3 times dps that means the other 4 players have lots of space to do the thing and win game...

I wonder on the other hand why must I lose games due to objective heroís who go far node all game to never cap it and get farmed over and over and then 3 of them runs there and all die to 2 guys. Or other heroes who think that winning is never achieved by capping own node or calling incs, neither of which heroes find important. Or 1k dps 10 deaths spam cappers who after that have a nerv to cal everyone idiots while being useless for 15 mins ?

WayOfTheWarriorx
10.13.2018 , 01:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dcardinalone View Post
4 man premades against pugs are a cancer no doubt. I personally feel, as much as some players might hate it, premades should be limited to two players. It would suck for people who are in PVP guids and friends. I get they want to do content together [ Like Kendra] so it's a bit of a grey area and opinion. I really don't know what the right answer is as 4 member premades are more interested in working with their members [premade] and are roving packs often. It can be a game changer and sucks for the pug team. As you say it, sometimes that does happen.

Some people are more into the fighting sides of things, I count myself amoung them. I don't do WZs because I want to always win I do them because I like to fight. "War"zone are inherently places where fighting is going on so you can see how some may see it that way, I certainly do [imo].

That said, you can do both and that's what people who like to fight should aspire too. As I know I am terrible at objectives, I try to contribute to my team by supporting those objective bound when possible via combat. [Attack a nodes, defending nodes under attack, riding shotgun with a ball carrier, defending Agustin a bomb being placed, passing the ball to someone who will put me to shame objective points wise I most certainly answer calls, peeling for healers,[ i have missed a few calls because of tunnelitis and the haze of battle a time or two, I'm a dumb *** that way sometimes, I try to limit such occurrences though ] . I don't really care where I fight people.

Fighting isn't wrong in WZs, you cannot win without fighting. Additionally, people aren't going to ask to attack you firstFighting was never a thing that wasn't intended. When you want to punish people for doing things you don't want them to do awarding stacking medals because it's a sound deterrent. Ergo it was intended and stacking combat medals means people will chase that at times. Whether you leave the WZ or not over such occurances most people want to play PVP as they dont even really know anything for sure til the end.

I see warzones as being 50/50 with regard to the importance of fighting and objectives. Completely ignoring all objective related acts, even *I* thing that's wrong

Rion_Starkiller
10.13.2018 , 01:17 PM | #6
what?! I thought farming solo queuers takes mad skillies
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Dcardinalone
10.13.2018 , 01:19 PM | #7
Well of the other "four" players about half of them can and actually are new players who dont know where to go or how to play, they really are not focusing objs becuase they dont know what to do. Now you take those 2 newb players who arent gonna be much help plus the 4 farming players who are going to be just as useless and that leaves only 2 players trying to win the game against the other team. This proves disastrous when the farming premade all go to the enemies node as soon as they drop from the platform and the newb players (who dont know where to go) naturally follow them leaving mid completely empty enemy grabs mid without a fight and on top of that they fail to grab their turret as well.

Yeldah_
10.13.2018 , 08:01 PM | #8
If you detest the number farming in regs, just manoeuvre around your farming teammates. What I mean by this is if they go to south to farm numbers in Novare Coast, you go to either west or east to take that node instead. What usually ends up happening is the enemy team engages the number farming group in a 7v4 which either ends up in a stalemate, or the farmers die. You go where they are not and do your objective play. Number farmers usually attract a lot of attention so taking the off-node should be easy for the other four players. This way they get to do their number chasing and you can still win the match.
APAC And Proud

Totemdancer
10.13.2018 , 08:10 PM | #9
Number farming and death matching at the detriment of losing the game is whatís killed pvp in my opinion.
The new people people see these premades or good players doing this and think that is how you pvp. Itís no wonder regs is so terrible.

giorgo
10.13.2018 , 10:18 PM | #10
Let's be honest here. There are two types of farming premades (for the most part).
There are guys that play solo ranked and occasionally jump into regs. Realistically you can't excpect them to play for the objectives; it's not in their mentality, it's not their thing...and you can't forbid them to play regs.
Then there are these other guys who play the game since forever, the veterans of a sort. Most of these guys cannot be bothered anymore with the objectives and for good reason; they have been doing them for years. If you are a veteran stuck on guarding the objective while other players who can't break 1 k dps are all over the place doing nothing, you will eventually end up with the mindset to not bother wth the objectives anymore.
The problem comes from the new players imo. These are the ones that must do the objectives, but they don't. Are you a valor 35, 119 k HP assasin? go to the offnode and guard it, don't go mid, you will be useless there. The game is seven years old, there many guides to wz's and pvp so that a new player can learn about the maps and the objectives, but none of them does.
TL;DR Ranked players don't care about objectives and never will, veterans cannot be bothered anymore and new players are not interested to learn.These are the reasons, as far as i can tell, that pvp is so bad.