Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Proposed Ranked Season Timing and Reward Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Proposed Ranked Season Timing and Reward Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pizza_boy's Avatar


Pizza_boy
07.02.2018 , 11:11 AM | #11
I'm honestly very disappointed to see old rewards coming back. I understand the appeal of it and the reasoning, however, I would rather see MORE enticing rewards rather than going back in time and re-granting old rewards. If we get new cool things that have a similar appeal that the s1 rancor did, or the s3 furious gear had, the incentive to get old rewards would disappear. Move forward, not backward.

Similarly, I think the point of reskins should be brought up. There are (or at least have been) replicas of some of the old gear such as the furious or victorious gear in the game available to anyone. In my opinion, this should be enough to appease those who were not playing during the first few seasons.

Again, I would like to express my opinion that I do not think it is a good idea to rehash old rewards. I think instead more thought should be put into the rewards of future seasons to make them more appealing to the community rather than simply regrant old items. The rewards for the last couple seasons have frankly been lackluster compared to other seasons. I think if we get out more UNIQUE and awesome mounts, armor sets, and weapons, crystals, etc. (not reskins) the community as a whole would be much more content.
Laet
<Failure>

Going's Avatar


Going
07.02.2018 , 11:19 AM | #12
Great plan, This is the type of QOL stuff I like to see regarding ranked rewards and such.

Shorter seasons are all a ranked player could ask for, as it drains on everybody who does ranked in this game when seasons last a year. THANK YOU xd

I like the ideas for the smaller rewards per tier granted the items we can buy at higher premiums are good quality and exclusive to pvp. Having a flair or title to display tier gained is good enough for Tier exclusive items imo.

Happy with the decision to give out old season rewards!, BUT please make sure you do not give out titles as well. Those need to stay with players who participated in the season. Otherwise there is nothing to distinguish players who earned it then and now.
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

Talon_strikes's Avatar


Talon_strikes
07.02.2018 , 11:19 AM | #13
Please do NOT reskin old rewards. Thatís an even worse idea. The idea proposed already is great and it lets those who couldnít get these rewards in the past because of backfillers, wintraders, and exploiters have a chance of actually getting them. And speaking of wintraders and exploiters...

WHAT ARE YOUR PROPOSALS ON DEALING WITH THEM?!
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

SlimeyDoom's Avatar


SlimeyDoom
07.02.2018 , 11:28 AM | #14
Yaaaaas season two helmet is bac******k
EDIT: apparently K is a naughty letter

pyrietboletje's Avatar


pyrietboletje
07.02.2018 , 11:28 AM | #15
Love the idea of making the seasons (much) shorter!
And all the same currency sounds great! Having many different currencies didn't made much sense if you asked me.

Also it sounds like a great idea to add previous season rewards to the vendor. but make the mounts/armor sets, etc -very- expensive as they should stay exclusive.

Darth Malgus | Content Creator | Livestreamer

Going's Avatar


Going
07.02.2018 , 11:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Pizza_boy View Post
I'm honestly very disappointed to see old rewards coming back. I understand the appeal of it and the reasoning, however, I would rather see MORE enticing rewards rather than going back in time and re-granting old rewards. If we get new cool things that have a similar appeal that the s1 rancor did, or the s3 furious gear had, the incentive to get old rewards would disappear. Move forward, not backward.

Similarly, I think the point of reskins should be brought up. There are (or at least have been) replicas of some of the old gear such as the furious or victorious gear in the game available to anyone. In my opinion, this should be enough to appease those who were not playing during the first few seasons.

Again, I would like to express my opinion that I do not think it is a good idea to rehash old rewards. I think instead more thought should be put into the rewards of future seasons to make them more appealing to the community rather than simply regrant old items. The rewards for the last couple seasons have frankly been lackluster compared to other seasons. I think if we get out more UNIQUE and awesome mounts, armor sets, and weapons, crystals, etc. (not reskins) the community as a whole would be much more content.
I agree with some of your ideas, especially the "unique armor ect. I think it's safe to say we will not be getting unique items such as these in bulk. I'm assuming we will get a unique mount one season armor the next, and so on with weapons. With that being said we will still get some "unique" items along with old season items for people who never got a chance or didn't earn it then. Both methods are giving folks incentive to participate which is great, so that i why i support this.
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

NOFORKNKNIFE's Avatar


NOFORKNKNIFE
07.02.2018 , 11:34 AM | #17
To be honest an amazing idea, will reduce account trading too

Going's Avatar


Going
07.02.2018 , 11:35 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by pyrietboletje View Post
Love the idea of making the seasons (much) shorter!
And all the same currency sounds great! Having many different currencies didn't made much sense if you asked me.

Also it sounds like a great idea to add previous season rewards to the vendor. but make the mounts/armor sets, etc -very- expensive as they should stay exclusive.
Knowing Keith, these old rewards will be a grind to get in terms of expensive.
I have no problem with that though xd
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

micnevv's Avatar


micnevv
07.02.2018 , 11:41 AM | #19
It's honestly pathetic that you would even consider giving out old rewards again. People earned them within that time period. They are a mark of prestige to show that the player achieved a certain skill level within that particular season.

Giving them out again completely devalues their worth, even if they are priced at a ridiculous rate.

Sometimes it honestly feels like you guys have no idea what makes these items appealing in your own game, let alone other MMOs.

septru's Avatar


septru
07.02.2018 , 11:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by micnevv View Post
It's honestly pathetic that you would even consider giving out old rewards again. People earned them within that time period. They are a mark of prestige to show that the player achieved a certain skill level within that particular season.

Giving them out again completely devalues their worth, even if they are priced at a ridiculous rate.

Sometimes it honestly feels like you guys have no idea what makes these items appealing in your own game, let alone other MMOs.
Disgraceful to older players. Furious reskin maybe, but don't release the same furious gear.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."