Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vandin sucks

Zintiel
10.19.2018 , 11:37 PM | #1
Mostly because it's got very little actual strategy. If you aren't dropping in the pit and passing to a player in the endzone you're doing it wrong. And that's sadly all there is to the game. All those fancy pits and traps are largely ignored.

Why is this even a huttball? This has to be the worst designed pvp map I've seen. I'm sure your one pvp map developer will think they've done a great job when data mining shows scores are generally nearly even in most games. I guess that's game balance for you, when it doesn't matter if you have a good team you still can just fumble through it and win because it's a flip of the coin to see who gets the ball first.

First Odessen takes strategy and throw it out, making it be a random toss up match,. Now this isn't even random, it's swapping scoring back and forth.

Dear bioware lol can we have one pvp game where we actually fight each other instead of playing with balls or clicking objectives? This is Star WARS is it not? Not Star Quest Complete. Not Star Sportsball. Give us an arena and make it about killing other players to win? It's player vs player not player vs planting a bomb on a door.

Mycroft-Tarkin
10.20.2018 , 05:56 AM | #2
If only there was a game mode specifically designed to have people kill each other...

You're queueing for objective-based warzones instead of kill-based arenas, and you're complaining about objectives? Please.

That being said I do agree with the TITLE of your post. Vandin is absolutely terrible and is the only map I quit immediately when it pops.

KendraP
10.20.2018 , 10:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mycroft-Tarkin View Post
If only there was a game mode specifically designed to have people kill each other...

You're queueing for objective-based warzones instead of kill-based arenas, and you're complaining about objectives? Please.

That being said I do agree with the TITLE of your post. Vandin is absolutely terrible and is the only map I quit immediately when it pops.
This +1

Don't queue for objective based play if you don't want to play objectives.

That said, the new map is a garbage can full of horrible that pops too much

Lundorff
10.20.2018 , 12:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zintiel View Post
Mostly because it's got very little actual strategy. If you aren't dropping in the pit and passing to a player in the endzone you're doing it wrong. And that's sadly all there is to the game. All those fancy pits and traps are largely ignored.

Why is this even a huttball? This has to be the worst designed pvp map I've seen. I'm sure your one pvp map developer will think they've done a great job when data mining shows scores are generally nearly even in most games. I guess that's game balance for you, when it doesn't matter if you have a good team you still can just fumble through it and win because it's a flip of the coin to see who gets the ball first.

First Odessen takes strategy and throw it out, making it be a random toss up match,. Now this isn't even random, it's swapping scoring back and forth.
This part is valid and I agree. Have a stealth parked on their line, and continue to pass up. Very, very simple and every other strategy is mostly pointless. And yes having one man parked at their line leaves you 7 vs. 8, but if they are winning by running the ball, they would undoubtedly win anyway if they also parked a stealth on your line.

Raansu
10.20.2018 , 02:21 PM | #5
They just need to remove some of the traps and remove that barrier at the top and the map is fixed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zintiel View Post
Dear bioware lol can we have one pvp game where we actually fight each other instead of playing with balls or clicking objectives? This is Star WARS is it not? Not Star Quest Complete. Not Star Sportsball. Give us an arena and make it about killing other players to win? It's player vs player not player vs planting a bomb on a door.
You do know arena is a thing right?

Rion_Starkiller
10.20.2018 , 07:09 PM | #6
It's true. Unless you have a sage pulling a scoundrel, there's literally no reason to NOT go into the pit to try to pass to teammate in endzone.

Except ofc that your teammates are probably too busy deathmatching at mid to do objectives.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Totemdancer
10.20.2018 , 08:07 PM | #7
Fixing the desync would go a long way to making the map playable.

WayOfTheWarriorx
10.21.2018 , 05:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mycroft-Tarkin View Post

My opinion on this is probably not a very popular one, but, that's what we're here for so might as well.

When the 'kill-based' arenas are chock full of cheaters, exploiters, wind traders, account buyers, and inbalanced groups, that's not a reasonable alternative and it shouldn't be even a suggestion as it's an unfair expectation to make of people.

I'm very combat orientated, that's no secret, but I try to assit my team through combat assistance or necessity.
For example -

Spoiler

I have never read anywhere, that combat is discourage in warzones and I find it highly unlikely, in fact., impossible, that combat was not intended for regular use in Warzones when there are awards for ever increasing amounts of damage being done, which cannot be done without combat. If there awards being given for damage done, than that means, combat is an intended element of warzones.

Not everyone has the same stregths and weaknesses and certain classes seem to be better equipt for certain objectives than others.

Objectives aren't my strong point overall, but I consider some objectives often inherently combat related.
For example -

Spoiler

If that makes me a death matcher, which I don't think it does, so be it.

I consider fun and to win win valid reasons to play a game. While I will always try and do my part to help my team win, by playing to my strengths while acknowleding my weaknesses, whether my team ends up winning or not, in no way shape or form effects my enjoyment of the WZ.

I'm not suggesting solely deathmatching without any consideration for objectives or not even trying to help your team win is appropriate in warzones, but, I also think that people have the right to do that if they want to, they are paying customers as well, and they are definately being encourged by devs, rules, and other players, to say nothing for awards for combat prowess to think that combat is an essential part of warzones as well as objectives. I would say 60/40 in favor of objectives.

I'm not making an argument for death-matching, merely, I'm making an argument for combat being a legitimate and an intended aspect of Warzones along with objectives.

I am all for the OPs idea, I like it and support it because having to play with cheaters because you like to fight, is an unreasonable and unfair expectation to make of anyone.